No NCAA/March Madness thread this year?

This may be as good an indication as any of how much forum participation has declined with the avid sports fans we have/had. Wow. Duke just barely squeaked by after an extremely entertaining second half. I'm not a college sports fan but I root for Duke since so many people claim to hate them.

Original Post

A lot of 12 seeds won early, creating possible Cinderellas, but only Oregon made it to the Sweet 16. The Sweet 16 is all chaulk except for 5 seed Auburn instead of 4 Kansas (Auburn was actually favored in that game), and 12 Oregon instead of 4 Kansas St. Don't recall it ever being so free of upsets. Jay Bilas' Elite Eight was pure chaulk and he may be right.

Duke MSU was a great game, it looked like either team could dominate at some point, but the other team would come back.  Yes, there were a few travel calls missed, Zion is a bull so he gets some and gives some.  He will be a force in NBA.  I wonder if he won't grow a few more inches and if so, holy cow.  I don't know why MSU didn't get a no 1 seed, and ACC got three of four.

My bracket got busted a few games ago, I wonder whose hasn't.  Virginia is the unlikely no 1 seed surviving.

Add Reply

Likes (0)