quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Zetterberg is already determined to be out for tomorrow night's opener, and is uncertain for Game 2 on Saturday. I certainly hope they can take care of the Coytoes without him.

You have nothing to worry about...the Coyotes NEVER win a playoff series. You and T-Dub should be pretty happy in about a week...

Frown
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Paging Grossie. Wager on the Bruins-Habs series??? Actually I think it would be double or nothing after the last one. Your bro owes Bman.

Did we have anything going last year, because if I recall correctly the Habs went slightly farther than the Bruins...

What do you want to do for this year? I'm game.
Doh!

Vancouver came out absolutely on fire the first period and completely owned the opening 20 minutes. If only half of the Blackhawks' goal post hits could have gone in! We still have to learn how to clear the puck, and giving out some hits would be nice as well. Chicago was much better in the 2nd, but couldn't get it in the net. As much as I hate to say it, Luongo was also quite awesome. Game on!
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Doh!

Vancouver came out absolutely on fire the first period and completely owned the opening 20 minutes. If only half of the Blackhawks' goal post hits could have gone in! We still have to learn how to clear the puck, and giving out some hits would be nice as well. Chicago was much better in the 2nd, but couldn't get it in the net. As much as I hate to say it, Luongo was also quite awesome. Game on!
The first period was about as dominant a period of hockey as I've ever seen, both sides of the rink and physically. That first period toe save on Campbell was criminal. The second period when the Hawks were riding Toews/Kane/Sharp like mules, it got scary. Even though the Hawks have lost a lot of depth, that's still as good a top line as any team in the league can put together. But Lou stood on his head and the Canucks looked solid again in the 3rd. All in all a good start, but as we were reminded right after the game by I think Bieksa, we won game 1 the last 2 years too. The Hawks will not have a first period like that again. This is going to be a great series.

Add Reply

Likes (0)