quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Zetterberg is already determined to be out for tomorrow night's opener, and is uncertain for Game 2 on Saturday. I certainly hope they can take care of the Coytoes without him.


You have nothing to worry about...the Coyotes NEVER win a playoff series. You and T-Dub should be pretty happy in about a week...

Frown
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Paging Grossie. Wager on the Bruins-Habs series??? Actually I think it would be double or nothing after the last one. Your bro owes Bman.


Did we have anything going last year, because if I recall correctly the Habs went slightly farther than the Bruins...

What do you want to do for this year? I'm game.
Doh!

Vancouver came out absolutely on fire the first period and completely owned the opening 20 minutes. If only half of the Blackhawks' goal post hits could have gone in! We still have to learn how to clear the puck, and giving out some hits would be nice as well. Chicago was much better in the 2nd, but couldn't get it in the net. As much as I hate to say it, Luongo was also quite awesome. Game on!
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Doh!

Vancouver came out absolutely on fire the first period and completely owned the opening 20 minutes. If only half of the Blackhawks' goal post hits could have gone in! We still have to learn how to clear the puck, and giving out some hits would be nice as well. Chicago was much better in the 2nd, but couldn't get it in the net. As much as I hate to say it, Luongo was also quite awesome. Game on!
The first period was about as dominant a period of hockey as I've ever seen, both sides of the rink and physically. That first period toe save on Campbell was criminal. The second period when the Hawks were riding Toews/Kane/Sharp like mules, it got scary. Even though the Hawks have lost a lot of depth, that's still as good a top line as any team in the league can put together. But Lou stood on his head and the Canucks looked solid again in the 3rd. All in all a good start, but as we were reminded right after the game by I think Bieksa, we won game 1 the last 2 years too. The Hawks will not have a first period like that again. This is going to be a great series.
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Doh!

Vancouver came out absolutely on fire the first period and completely owned the opening 20 minutes. If only half of the Blackhawks' goal post hits could have gone in! We still have to learn how to clear the puck, and giving out some hits would be nice as well. Chicago was much better in the 2nd, but couldn't get it in the net. As much as I hate to say it, Luongo was also quite awesome. Game on!
The first period was about as dominant a period of hockey as I've ever seen, both sides of the rink and physically. That first period toe save on Campbell was criminal. The second period when the Hawks were riding Toews/Kane/Sharp like mules, it got scary. Even though the Hawks have lost a lot of depth, that's still as good a top line as any team in the league can put together. But Lou stood on his head and the Canucks looked solid again in the 3rd. All in all a good start, but as we were reminded right after the game by I think Bieksa Luongo, in response to the troll Scott Oake, we won game 1 the last 2 years too. The Hawks will not have a first period like that again. This is going to be a great series.
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Zetterberg is already determined to be out for tomorrow night's opener, and is uncertain for Game 2 on Saturday. I certainly hope they can take care of the Coytoes without him.


You have nothing to worry about...the Coyotes NEVER win a playoff series. You and T-Dub should be pretty happy in about a week...

Frown


Smile 1 down 15 to go. You know the easiest way to make it to the 2nd round of the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Easy, play the coyotes in the first round. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Sluggish first period for the Wings, but it's amazing how much they turned it around after that. Datsyuk was brilliant. Howard made some nice saves as well, which is very good to see.


Did you see the between the legs short side shot Datysuk attempted? Sick and wrong. Thats just not fair.
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Sluggish first period for the Wings, but it's amazing how much they turned it around after that. Datsyuk was brilliant. Howard made some nice saves as well, which is very good to see.


Did you see the between the legs short side shot Datysuk attempted? Sick and wrong. Thats just not fair.

Missed that one - had daughter duty for part of the game. But, Datsyuk seems to come up with some moves every so often that are just crazy. Glad to see him stepping up with Z out of the lineup.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Seeing bits and pieces of other games is pissing me off. Almost everyone is willing to fling bodies at each other with agression, but the Hawks were very passive yesterday. For Kane's salary, we could have Eager, Byfuglien and Ladd back!


Agreed; they were the soul of last year's Stanley Cup champs and without them...
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Just curious,
Do any of you hockey fans follow the OHL/CHL?
There's gotta be someone from Canada who's a fan, right?

Saginaw-Windsor series is shaping up to be a good one.


I only follow the Manitoba Moose... Just cause they are the Canuck's farm team.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Seeing bits and pieces of other games is pissing me off. Almost everyone is willing to fling bodies at each other with agression, but the Hawks were very passive yesterday. For Kane's salary, we could have Eager, Byfuglien and Ladd back!


Agreed; they were the soul of last year's Stanley Cup champs and without them...


Eager sure stood up last night! Very glad to have him.

And as I said in the other thread, the fact that Stoll only got one game for that hit is just ludicrous.
Being down 2-0 sucks ass in a major way. One positive is the Hawks came to play tonight, didn't quit, and put forth a lot more effort than Wednesday. Unfortunately, they simply appear overmatched. They need to find some fire back at home. So far, the Canucks are for real...and then some.
Sounds like you guys miss it. Enjoy! Smile

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.

May your strength give us strength
May your faith give us faith
May your hope give us hope
May your love bring us love ...
[QUOTE]Originally posted by billhike:
Sounds like you guys miss it. Enjoy! Smile

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.

Kudos to your sincerity but this is a year of destiny... For the Sharks!! Razz
HEY, NO PROBLEMMO.

If you want to call me out for something, it's all good. I'm glad you like this song. I'm happy to put it up for you.

BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
Wings took care of business at home, althought it got a bit scary at the end of today's game. I unfortunately didn't get to see the game until about halfway through the 2nd period, so I missed all the Wings' goals. Now we have to deal with the late starts out in Phoenix next week. Hopefully they can pick up at least 1 win out there.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Wings took care of business at home, althought it got a bit scary at the end of today's game. I unfortunately didn't get to see the game until about halfway through the 2nd period, so I missed all the Wings' goals. Now we have to deal with the late starts out in Phoenix next week. Hopefully they can pick up at least 1 win out there.


Datsyuk is a one-man wrecking crew against the 'Yotes. IIRC he did the same thing to us last year in the playoffs. I'm officially getting tired of him...
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Wings-Coyotes was over long ago. They're just going through the motions right now.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure you can understand why I might want to wait before considering it a done deal.

AZCat - what's interesting is that a few years back Datsyuk had a reputation for not really coming up big in the playoffs. He has certainly changed that image, and is a treat. Too bad he doesn't get the recognition that some of the other big names in the league do.
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Yeehah, Habs up 2-0 after 2 games in Boston. Boohoo Lucic, Krejci, & Chara. There are 3 guys in need of a soft C.

Is there a softer more flop prone team out there than the Habs??

That said, the Bruins suck. After they lose this series at least they can get rid of Claude.
I can see why they are suiting him up. Brouwer in the past has been a good-sized body to park in front of the net, but he's been pretty much AWOL the last few months. Tomas Kopecky is out hurt. The Hawks need more big bodies out there who aren't afraid of contact.
DROP THE PUCK!!!


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
History could be made again ..........

In the 2010 NHL playoffs the Flyers became the third NHL team to win a seven game series after being down 3–0 (the others being the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders). The Canadiens became the first eighth-seeded team in NHL history to win a series against the first-seeded team after being down 3–1 in a series, when they beat the Washington Capitals in the first round.


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Wings-Coyotes was over long ago. They're just going through the motions right now.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure you can understand why I might want to wait before considering it a done deal.

AZCat - what's interesting is that a few years back Datsyuk had a reputation for not really coming up big in the playoffs. He has certainly changed that image, and is a treat. Too bad he doesn't get the recognition that some of the other big names in the league do.


Datsyuk doesn't put up the big numbers like some of the huge names do to get the recognition they do. Most likely due to the fact that he actually plays D. I'll take that anytime, he's such an unselfish player that he makes those around him better.

I'll be at the game tomorrow rooting our Wings on to hopefully a 3-0 lead. Maybe one of those Datsyuk between the legs shots will actually go in tomorrow. Big Grin

Is Zetterberg going to be back?
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Off to the Bell Center tonight to watch Montreal beat Boston again (Game 3)
with vinaigre, mimik and D Cool


GO HABS!!!


Very nice! Enjoy. I'll be eating Matzah with some family and friends, following on my phone but not watching (unless I'm very lucky).
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Off to the Bell Center tonight to watch Montreal beat Boston again (Game 3)
with vinaigre, mimik and D Cool


GO HABS!!!


Grossie, we'll raise a glass to toast Steve8 who could not unfortunately partake in the celebrations as he had to leave for business travel today. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!


Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Very nice! Enjoy. I'll be eating Matzah with some family and friends, following on my phone but not watching (unless I'm very lucky).

Are you in town, grossie?


No, here in chicago. If I was there I'd have watched the whole thing. I had to rush home to catch the last 10 minutes when the habs actually looked good.
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
I had to rush home to catch the last 10 minutes when the habs actually looked good.

True. They just weren't into it the first period. Detrimental. They picked it up in the Second and played very well in the Third. Too little, too late.

Great game to attend though. My voice is a bit strained this morning. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Great game by Howard in net.

I think this was key - he really made some nice stops to keep their comfortable lead in the first half or so of the game. A team effort last night for sure. It would be great if they could close it out on Wednesday night, but I still think this Phoenix team will come out strong.

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.



He's bumming because he knows that as soon as this series is over, the Yotes are moving back to Winnipeg. No more going to the rink in shorts and flip flops. No more golf year round.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!


Yeah, the Wings are killing the Coyotes with their depth, just like last year. They keep coming at them in waves... Wonder if tomorrow's game will be their last in Phoenix. I hope not... Frown
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.



He's bumming because he knows that as soon as this series is over, the Yotes are moving back to Winnipeg. No more going to the rink in shorts and flip flops. No more golf year round.


You have to wonder if the uncertainty over their future is starting to take its toll. The Wings are clearly the better team but the Coyotes haven't shown much fight in this series, which hasn't been the case for most of the past two years under Tippett.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!


Ok so last nights game was fun to be at but such a somber place last night, lol. It was almost boring being there and I almost wished I was at home sipping a nice bottle while watching instead of paying for $11.00 beers.

Anyways, being as unbiased as I can be I'll say this. In person Franzen looked AWFUL except for his one shining breakaway(which he had due to the fact that he didn't get back and was out of position anyways)

The refs called two Horific penalties on the Coyotes last night. I mean c'mon guys its the playoffs.

Howard saved our asses last night literally. He made some huge saves early on that were keys to us keeping a comfortable lead the whole game.

Someone was saying we were beating them with depth. I totally disagree. Our 3rd and 4th lines were totally exposed last night other than a shift here or there. Watching in person gives you a much better perspective of the whole game.

The really bright spots for the Wings I thought were Howard and the power play was just utter perfection in getting it set up and moving the puck around even though they didn't score.

Overall I am honestly scared about the next round and playing teams with more depth as I think we are weak past our first two lines. I hope I'm wrong and those guys pick it up; or perhaps they were just shlupping last night as they had a two or three goal lead the whole game.

Go Wings!
I don't think the Torres hit deserved a suspension. It was an interference penalty for sure, but he didn't go to Seabrook's head and there was no elbowing or high sticking involved. The guy just got caught with his head down.

As for the Coyotes, I think that the NHL is using the threat of a move to Winnipeg as it's last piece of leverage to keep the team in the desert. Apparently they're going to start a season ticket drive this week or next in Winnipeg and the rumor is if they can get committments from 10,000 season tickets for 3 years, the Coyotes are gone. I'll believe it when it happens as I have a hard time believing that Bettman is willing to admit making that big a mistake. I really feel for the players and coaches. Imagine having to move from the desert to Winnipeg Eek
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
Hopefully the Canucks can show some killer instinct and complete the sweep tonight. To be frank I was almost hoping that the league would suspend Torres for a game or two so it wouldn't be a distraction for tonight's game.


If he's a distraction for anyone, it'll be for the Blackhawks. Let's see how many stupid penalties they take trying to get a "payback" hit on Torres.

It's not like they're going to drop the gloves. Who's the enforcer? John Scott?

"When a guy 6-8 challenges you that can't skate? Usually you say no and you go around him and score," Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Seems like everyone but Toews has scored so far!


Shush.

Mad
BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Nice projection there, WEc. Bolland had 4 points last night in the win. I'm pretty sure he played the whole game.

I'm not unrealistic- I think the Hawks probably won't come home for game 6, but at least they didn't get swept. Vancouver is a good team, better than the Hawks for sure. They'll need to show consistent effort at every position to get farther than the 2nd round.
Who says athletes don't like to be recognized out in public?

Take the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane, who — in Vancouver to play the Canucks in the NHL playoffs — were crossing the street from the team hotel en route to grabbing a little sushi.

"An elderly lady was in a car," Kane told the Chicago Tribune, "and she had the oxygen tubes up her nose and she rolled down the window and gave us a certain gesture. It was awesome."
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
Who says athletes don't like to be recognized out in public?

Take the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane, who — in Vancouver to play the Canucks in the NHL playoffs — were crossing the street from the team hotel en route to grabbing a little sushi.

"An elderly lady was in a car," Kane told the Chicago Tribune, "and she had the oxygen tubes up her nose and she rolled down the window and gave us a certain gesture. It was awesome."


Big Grin
That's awesome - gotta love hockey fans!
Wings finish the sweep. Hopefully that will buy some time for Franzen and Zetterberg to get healthy. I have a feeling they will be needed in the next round.

Wierd game tonight. 3 goals came from pucks deflecting off the the defenseman's skate in a way where the goalie had no chance--2 for Howard and one for Bryzgala (or however you spell his name).

Cameras kept zooming in on the Phoenix coach and commentators asking "what is he thinking?". I know what he was thinking--"I hope they have good enchilladas in Winnipeg."
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Nice projection there, WEc. Bolland had 4 points last night in the win. I'm pretty sure he played the whole game.

I'm not unrealistic- I think the Hawks probably won't come home for game 6, but at least they didn't get swept. Vancouver is a good team, better than the Hawks for sure. They'll need to show consistent effort at every position to get farther than the 2nd round.


Well, they did bench Bolland/Kane/Toews/Sharp the last 10 minutes of the game.
DROP THE PUCK!!!


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×