We want the Cup!

I'm hoping for a Canucks vs. Bruins final, not that it's a better or easier matchup, just that playing an original 6 team for the Cup would be great. Bruins are not that dissimilar to the Sharks, maybe a bit deeper on D but less firepower on offense, so the Nucks should be ready to play against that style of hockey again.
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
We want the Cup!

I'm hoping for a Canucks vs. Bruins final, not that it's a better or easier matchup, just that playing an original 6 team for the Cup would be great. Bruins are not that dissimilar to the Sharks, maybe a bit deeper on D but less firepower on offense, so the Nucks should be ready to play against that style of hockey again.

Trust me, you don't want the Bruins in the final. They are a very physical team and would hinder Vancouver. Furthermore, I don't want to see the possibility of the Bruins in the final. I am saying that as a very partisan fan of the Montreal Canadiens, and the Bruin are our arch enemy.
No no. He wants to see the Bruins there. Everyone should want to see them there. It;s always great when an original team of any sport wins it after a long drought, except maybe the Steelers. If it can't be the Red Sox let it be the Cubs and so on. The B's haven't won in my lifetime. Let it happen. Let it be now!
I don't think anyone really "wants" to play any team at this stage, the fact is whether it be TB or Bos, they'd have beaten 3 good teams in a row to get to the Finals, as did we, so clearly they're playing some great hockey.

But I'm not worried about the Nucks getting pushed around by Boston. Nashville and the Sharks are probably 2 of the biggest teams in the league(granted though there's only 1 Chara) and we handled that element of the game just fine. We can hit as well as any team, and if the Bruins want to get silly after the whistle and take shots, our PP has been on fire all playoffs and from what I understand their PK has struggled at times, so we'll make them pay(see Ben Eager). Frankly it's bad enough TB has already won the Cup, I think a series against Boston would make the stage bigger. As an alternative TB wouldn't be a pushover either, they have a ton of firepower and above average D and goaltending. So did the Blackhawks. Either way, it's going to be a great Cup and the better team will win. That's the beauty of a best of 7.
I think the Bruins PK has been really good. It's their PP that has been attrocious. Probably never been a worse one and it's been that way as long as I can rememeber. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, lose the puck and try again. Take a shot once in a while. Maybe it'll get a good rebound or even deflect in. You can't score if you don't shoot.
You would know better, I've only caught one of the East Final games, I just recall some mention that they were struggling on special teams.

I must admit however, that the only thing that really scares me is the potential of Thomas catching fire in goal. Based solely on highlights, it seems like he's had a few shaky games this playoffs and a few where he looks like he's Hasek in his prime.
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
I think the Bruins PK has been really good. It's their PP that has been attrocious. Probably never been a worse one and it's been that way as long as I can rememeber. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, lose the puck and try again. Take a shot once in a while. Maybe it'll get a good rebound or even deflect in. You can't score if you don't shoot.

Sounds like what I yelled at the TV when the Blackhawks were on the PP. If I recall we had several 5 on 3's vs. the Canucks where they thought they got style points for pretty passes.
In an unbelievable story, Manny Malhotra has been cleared by doctors to fully participate in practice, including contact. There is still a chance he could play in the Cup final if he continues to improve.

That is great to hear - even if the Canucks did knock out the Hawks.

I still hope they lose the Cup, but I hope Malhotra gets to play.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
In an unbelievable story, Manny Malhotra has been cleared by doctors to fully participate in practice, including contact. There is still a chance he could play in the Cup final if he continues to improve.

That is great to hear - even if the Canucks did knock out the Hawks.

I still hope they losesweep for the Cup, but I hope Malhotra gets to play.
Fixed. But yes, fantastic news on what was a terrifying injury. Getting Manny back would be a HUGE lift for the team.
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Trust me, you don't want the Bruins in the final. They are a very physical team and would hinder Vancouver. Furthermore, I don't want to see the possibility of the Bruins in the final. I am saying that as a very partisan fan of the Montreal Canadiens, and the Bruin are our arch enemy.

HA! Bite me. Razz This has to be the year for the Bruins.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
Vancouver in 5.

+1
+2.

Also, I have a feeling I'm going to have less love for my man Lucic after this series. I know he hasn't done a lot offensively these playoffs but you just know he's going to be amped playing at home.

Add Reply

Likes (0)