Cause Vancouver is the dirtiest team in the league right?

MTL - 42 PIM
BOS - 44 PIM (Difference of 2)

WSH - 48 PIM
NYR - 62 PIM (Difference of 14)

PIT - 68 PIM
TBL - 72 PIM (Difference of 4)

BUF - 87 PIM
PHI - 82 PIM (Difference of 5)

PHX - 41 PIM
DET - 47 PIM (Difference of 6)

SJS - 69 PIM
LAK - 79 PIM (Difference of 10)

NSH - 77 PIM
ANA - 100 PIM (Difference of 23)

CHI - 72 PIM
VAN - 124 PIM (Difference of 52)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXuJp2EiJYA&hd=1
The penalty discrepancy in the series is a joke. With that said, if the Nucks played like they did in Game 6 in either Games 4 or 5 the series would be over by now. A loss tonight would be devastating to the team and fan base, I can't imagine tonight's game could possibly mean more to the Hawks than it does to this franchise. Nothing to do now but cross our fingers.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
The penalty discrepancy in the series is a joke.

The Hawks are the 2nd least penalized team in the league this year.
The Canucks are 13th. The discrepancy in this series is huge, obvious non-calls last game were the head shot to Bieksa in OT and the two handed tomahawk slash rom Bolland that shattered one of the Sedin's sticks. Regardless, penalty calls didn't lose the Canucks games 4 and 5, the Hawks just wanted it way more. Hopefully the refs call it fairly today and let the teams decide the outcome. If the Hawks take it then we may as well sign the team over to the city of Chicago, as they will officially own us.
BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
The penalty discrepancy in the series is a joke. With that said, if the Nucks played like they did in Game 6 in either Games 4 or 5 the series would be over by now. A loss tonight would be devastating to the team and fan base, I can't imagine tonight's game could possibly mean more to the Hawks than it does to this franchise. Nothing to do now but cross our fingers.

I did some checking and it looks like Vancouver has 50 minutes worth of misconduct penalties versus 10 for Chicago if I'm not mistaken. There is most of the difference right there. 40 of those came in one of the blowouts. It appears to me that the "penalty discrepancy" might be because one team doesn't handle pressure as well as the other. In game 1, each team only had two minors if I recall correctly. The Hawks got completely owned and outworked in that game, but they kept their cool. We lost a top-notch defenseman for a couple of games because Torres got away with a head shot. If Chicago got away with one as some think, then too damn bad, it evened out. In fact, us without Seabrook put it more in favor of the Canucks but other Hawk players stepped up to pick up some slack.

Gillis is a complete tool. I like how he also complains about John Scott, who hasn't dropped the gloves (yet) in the series. His shove was nothing worse than the hacking happening to Toews. The difference is, Chicago doesn't cry about it. Also, it's funny how some Canuck players talk a lot of crap about Scott to the Media, but none of them want to get in his face when they have the opportunity. Clowns. Shut your yaps and play the game.

Regardless of the outcome, hopefully there are some gynecologist visits for that locker room and front office full of vaginas up there.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
The penalty discrepancy in the series is a joke.

The Hawks are the 2nd least penalized team in the league this year.
The Canucks are 13th. The discrepancy in this series is huge, obvious non-calls last game were the head shot to Bieksa in OT and the two handed tomahawk slash rom Bolland that shattered one of the Sedin's sticks. Regardless, penalty calls didn't lose the Canucks games 4 and 5, the Hawks just wanted it way more. Hopefully the refs call it fairly today and let the teams decide the outcome. If the Hawks take it then we may as well sign the team over to the city of Chicago, as they will officially own us.

To make matters worse, Bickell actually left his feet on the hit (as did Bolland on Hamhuis earlier).... where's the soundclip of Q's comment on this hit?
I don't suppose you guys care any longer about having a goalie who can play a whole game or twin superstars contributing, eh? Rolling over and ready to blame a possible choke solely on officiating? Sad. You have a freaking game 7 at home. Beautiful city with scenery. Life is good, guys! Razz
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I don't suppose you guys care any longer about having a goalie who can play a whole game or twin superstars contributing, eh? Rolling over and ready to blame a possible choke solely on officiating? Sad. You have a freaking game 7 at home. Beautiful city with scenery. Life is good, guys! Razz

+1 1/2.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
quote:

+1 1/2.

I'll give you that handicap for -110
quote:

You can draw your own conclusions. All we're saying is the officiating has been rather one sided.
CANUCK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE CANUCKS

RESPECT THE CANUCK . . FEAR THE CANUCK

Here Come the Canucks, the mighty Canucks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Canucks
Let's go you Canucks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks,
Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here come the Canucks

And the Canucks, take control,

Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks
Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here come the Canucks

Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks.

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Mimik:
CANUCK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE CANUCKS

RESPECT THE CANUCK . . FEAR THE CANUCK

Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks,

And the Canucks, take control,

Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks

Now all look out, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks, Here Come the Canucks.

Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Great series Blackhawks fans, great series.

Bring on the Preds!

(are there even any Pred fans on the boards to talk trash with us?)
that was one crazy and close game. all streets were quiet from 7-10pm+. everyone in vancouver is breathing much easier tonight. that close to being eliminated. we finally exercised our blackhawks demons tonight. finally! its just round 1 but this series means alot to canuck fans and the city of vancouver.
quote:
Montreal 2 Boston 1-on to game 7 in Boston!!

Speaking of one sided officiating. But that's always the way it is at the flop center. Hard to win when you're playing 5 on 3. Should be a good game tonight though since the officiating will be more even handed, hopefully they just let them play with a few penalties as possible.
Playing another West Coast team is too bad for the Wings - would've much rather played against Nashville to ease the travel strains. Plus, San Jose is really good! Looks like Game 1 will be Thursday or Friday night. I'm hoping for Friday so I don't have to stay up late and get up for work the next day!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Playing another West Coast team is too bad for the Wings - would've much rather played against Nashville to ease the travel strains. Plus, San Jose is really good!

If the Sharks' goaltending does not improve from the first round, the Redwings will make short work of them.

The Canucks/Preds series should be interesting. I think the Preds are without a doubt the most frustrating team to play in the West. Will the Canucks be satisfied with exorcising the Blackhaws demons? They will either have a huge letdown after the drain of the first round, or they will roll easily on their way to the Cup. Time will tell.

Congrats to the Canucks, and I hope the semi's are as compelling as the quarters. Bring on more game sevens. There is nothing better in sports in my personal opinion.
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
quote:
Montreal 2 Boston 1-on to game 7 in Boston!!

Speaking of one sided officiating. But that's always the way it is at the flop center. Hard to win when you're playing 5 on 3. Should be a good game tonight though since the officiating will be more even handed, hopefully they just let them play with a few penalties as possible.

Not too sure about one sided in last nights game...I recall a quick whistle in the 1st period that took Gionta's goal away, not sure how that benefits the Habs Wink

Regardless, its the way it should be when Boston plays Montreal, game 7, doesnt get any better does it?
Great Game 7. Toews SH goal was an incredible effort, and Crawford stood on his head the whole game otherwise we could very wel have had 3 or 4 goals. He's going to be a good goalie in this league for a long time. We eked out the win, and for our reward we get to play the most boring team in the NHL. Hopefully we learned not to take our foot off the gas for this series.
Just heard a stat that no team has ever gone on to win the Stanley Cup after having to win a game 7 in the first round.

I guess that means we can eliminate Vancouver, Philly, Montreal/Boston and Tampa/Pittsburgh.

That only leaves Detroit, Nashville, San Jose and Washington.
When I think of the likes of Pavelski, Clowe, Marleau, Thornton, Boyle, Setoguchi, on and on and on finishing with another Niemi moment in progress I feel real good about my bet on SJ. Boston is a sideshow for the real fait accomplis as noted earlier. But I like them! For now at least, 9:54PM EDT.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
When I think of the likes of Pavelski, Clowe, Marleau, Thornton, Boyle, Setoguchi, on and on and on finishing with another Niemi moment in progress I feel real good about my bet on SJ. Boston is a sideshow for the real fait accomplis as noted earlier. But I like them! For now at least, 9:54PM EDT.

Better now !
Well, the first round is over. Extreeeeemely exciting overall. Congrats to Boston, Philly, TB, Washington, Vancouver, Nashville.

Ugghhh, now on to play the stinkin' fish again.

GO REDWINGS!

(and thankfully we don't have to scroll through that "Blackhawk Karma" thing again)
Congrats to Bruins fans, 3 OT wins is pretty incredible. Unfortunately, Im not sure they will have the same "fire" or "gas in the tank" against a pretty solid philly team.

As far as officiating, last night I will say was aweful, Montreal was on the better end of some really terrible calls, otherwise that game would never of went to OT. I have to say, Chara taking 2 dives last night was quite funny. Cant say I blame him however.

Ice, how do you like the 2 guys that commentate the game on NESN. Im not sure of there names because I typically mute it, but the guy that does most of the talking is terrible IMO, the other guy that seems to know a bit about hockey is actually pretty good.
As far as I'm concerned, that was some good hockey last night (MTL-Bruins).
I really think that Montreal deserved the win as they played a better level of hockey. Good thing that Timmy was on his game.
If anything the Bruins better learn from it or they won't make it past the second round.

Add Reply

Likes (0)