quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Seems like everyone but Toews has scored so far!


Shush.

Mad
BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Nice projection there, WEc. Bolland had 4 points last night in the win. I'm pretty sure he played the whole game.

I'm not unrealistic- I think the Hawks probably won't come home for game 6, but at least they didn't get swept. Vancouver is a good team, better than the Hawks for sure. They'll need to show consistent effort at every position to get farther than the 2nd round.
Who says athletes don't like to be recognized out in public?

Take the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane, who — in Vancouver to play the Canucks in the NHL playoffs — were crossing the street from the team hotel en route to grabbing a little sushi.

"An elderly lady was in a car," Kane told the Chicago Tribune, "and she had the oxygen tubes up her nose and she rolled down the window and gave us a certain gesture. It was awesome."
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
Who says athletes don't like to be recognized out in public?

Take the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane, who — in Vancouver to play the Canucks in the NHL playoffs — were crossing the street from the team hotel en route to grabbing a little sushi.

"An elderly lady was in a car," Kane told the Chicago Tribune, "and she had the oxygen tubes up her nose and she rolled down the window and gave us a certain gesture. It was awesome."


Big Grin
That's awesome - gotta love hockey fans!
Wings finish the sweep. Hopefully that will buy some time for Franzen and Zetterberg to get healthy. I have a feeling they will be needed in the next round.

Wierd game tonight. 3 goals came from pucks deflecting off the the defenseman's skate in a way where the goalie had no chance--2 for Howard and one for Bryzgala (or however you spell his name).

Cameras kept zooming in on the Phoenix coach and commentators asking "what is he thinking?". I know what he was thinking--"I hope they have good enchilladas in Winnipeg."
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
quote:
Originally posted by WEc:
No kidding. If we can get the first two goals in the game, the hawks won't be trying to score (except Toews). I have a feeling Bolland won't stay for the whole game though.


Nice projection there, WEc. Bolland had 4 points last night in the win. I'm pretty sure he played the whole game.

I'm not unrealistic- I think the Hawks probably won't come home for game 6, but at least they didn't get swept. Vancouver is a good team, better than the Hawks for sure. They'll need to show consistent effort at every position to get farther than the 2nd round.


Well, they did bench Bolland/Kane/Toews/Sharp the last 10 minutes of the game.
DROP THE PUCK!!!


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
Wow what a game! Obviously this is from a Bruins fan but does hockey get any better than that tonight?!


Great game. The habs became sloppy and a bit careless after their lead. Price was not at his best, nor were other players on the team. Bruins deserved the win. Hopefully, it is a wake up session for the Habs.

Whoever wins the series, I think I can confidently say will not go one to the finals.
Both the Bruins and the Canadians were very sloppy. Around their own nets and many give aways. Neither team is going far unless they tighten their games up a lot.

That aside, to the Montreal group...what did I tell you about home ice and the Bruins this year? Meaningless. They play better on the road.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Neither team is going far unless they tighten their games up a lot.

I haven't watched much of that series at all, but I find it interesting how many people are making this kind of comment about their teams and/or the opposing teams. Every team has shortcomings, so teams will be able to advance despite them.

That said...sloppy around the net and giveaways are usually a pretty big issue if you want to win multiple series!
Who the F is the one seed and the eight seed this series?

My god the Canucks are looking like a frickin' WHL team. Do they even want this series? I can't believe how this team can play so crappy.

I think my wife is contemplating moving out...
The Habs - Bruins series has had a couple of games where the team that lost should have won. Last night was Montreal's turn. The Habs should have won but let the game slip away.

Martin,Gionta, Gomez, Hamerlik, and Spacek need to coach/play better on Saturday night.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
That aside, to the Montreal group...what did I tell you about home ice and the Bruins this year? Meaningless. They play better on the road.


According to your theory, with one game in Montreal and two in Boston left to play, the Canadiens have the advantage to win the series !!

I'll go with that !!!
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
Who the F is the one seed and the eight seed this series?

My god the Canucks are looking like a frickin' WHL team. Do they even want this series? I can't believe how this team can play so crappy.

I think my wife is contemplating moving out...

The West was so tight. Had the Hawks won their last game, (and a couple other teams lost theirs) they could've been in 5-6th place.
quote:
Originally posted by Berno:
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
Who the F is the one seed and the eight seed this series?

My god the Canucks are looking like a frickin' WHL team. Do they even want this series? I can't believe how this team can play so crappy.

I think my wife is contemplating moving out...

The West was so tight. Had the Hawks won their last game, (and a couple other teams lost theirs) they could've been in 5-6th place.


Had they won a few more games during the season, they would've been the president's trophy winner too.
I'd just like to dig out a few quotes from years past:

2009 "The President's Cup and $2 will get you a Metro ticket."

2010 "No one ever traded the 'best goalie in the league' for Ollie Jokenin."

I'm a huge fan of Manny Malhotra's game. I think the Canucks will really, really miss him when they are faced with any team with two good scoring lines.
quote:
Originally posted by Vinaigre:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
That aside, to the Montreal group...what did I tell you about home ice and the Bruins this year? Meaningless. They play better on the road.


According to your theory, with one game in Montreal and two in Boston left to play, the Canadiens have the advantage to win the series !!

I'll go with that !!!


Happily my theory fell apart last night, but should be back on track for the next game. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Vinaigre:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
That aside, to the Montreal group...what did I tell you about home ice and the Bruins this year? Meaningless. They play better on the road.


According to your theory, with one game in Montreal and two in Boston left to play, the Canadiens have the advantage to win the series !!

I'll go with that !!!


Happily my theory fell apart last night, but should be back on track for the next game. Big Grin


Oh how I hate writing posts that give you the chance to gloat...

They both had a fair chance to win the game last night. It was close and well played by both teams... The Bruins just got the last goal !!
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN



BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:


Cool
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN
HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN HAWKS WIN


HISTORY COULD BE MADE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!



BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×