[QUOTE]Originally posted by billhike:
Sounds like you guys miss it. Enjoy! Smile

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.

Kudos to your sincerity but this is a year of destiny... For the Sharks!! Razz
HEY, NO PROBLEMMO.

If you want to call me out for something, it's all good. I'm glad you like this song. I'm happy to put it up for you.

BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
Wings took care of business at home, althought it got a bit scary at the end of today's game. I unfortunately didn't get to see the game until about halfway through the 2nd period, so I missed all the Wings' goals. Now we have to deal with the late starts out in Phoenix next week. Hopefully they can pick up at least 1 win out there.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Wings took care of business at home, althought it got a bit scary at the end of today's game. I unfortunately didn't get to see the game until about halfway through the 2nd period, so I missed all the Wings' goals. Now we have to deal with the late starts out in Phoenix next week. Hopefully they can pick up at least 1 win out there.


Datsyuk is a one-man wrecking crew against the 'Yotes. IIRC he did the same thing to us last year in the playoffs. I'm officially getting tired of him...
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Wings-Coyotes was over long ago. They're just going through the motions right now.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure you can understand why I might want to wait before considering it a done deal.

AZCat - what's interesting is that a few years back Datsyuk had a reputation for not really coming up big in the playoffs. He has certainly changed that image, and is a treat. Too bad he doesn't get the recognition that some of the other big names in the league do.
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Yeehah, Habs up 2-0 after 2 games in Boston. Boohoo Lucic, Krejci, & Chara. There are 3 guys in need of a soft C.

Is there a softer more flop prone team out there than the Habs??

That said, the Bruins suck. After they lose this series at least they can get rid of Claude.
I can see why they are suiting him up. Brouwer in the past has been a good-sized body to park in front of the net, but he's been pretty much AWOL the last few months. Tomas Kopecky is out hurt. The Hawks need more big bodies out there who aren't afraid of contact.
DROP THE PUCK!!!


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!


Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
History could be made again ..........

In the 2010 NHL playoffs the Flyers became the third NHL team to win a seven game series after being down 3–0 (the others being the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs and the 1975 New York Islanders). The Canadiens became the first eighth-seeded team in NHL history to win a series against the first-seeded team after being down 3–1 in a series, when they beat the Washington Capitals in the first round.


BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS

RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Wings-Coyotes was over long ago. They're just going through the motions right now.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure you can understand why I might want to wait before considering it a done deal.

AZCat - what's interesting is that a few years back Datsyuk had a reputation for not really coming up big in the playoffs. He has certainly changed that image, and is a treat. Too bad he doesn't get the recognition that some of the other big names in the league do.


Datsyuk doesn't put up the big numbers like some of the huge names do to get the recognition they do. Most likely due to the fact that he actually plays D. I'll take that anytime, he's such an unselfish player that he makes those around him better.

I'll be at the game tomorrow rooting our Wings on to hopefully a 3-0 lead. Maybe one of those Datsyuk between the legs shots will actually go in tomorrow. Big Grin

Is Zetterberg going to be back?
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Off to the Bell Center tonight to watch Montreal beat Boston again (Game 3)
with vinaigre, mimik and D Cool


GO HABS!!!


Very nice! Enjoy. I'll be eating Matzah with some family and friends, following on my phone but not watching (unless I'm very lucky).
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Off to the Bell Center tonight to watch Montreal beat Boston again (Game 3)
with vinaigre, mimik and D Cool


GO HABS!!!


Grossie, we'll raise a glass to toast Steve8 who could not unfortunately partake in the celebrations as he had to leave for business travel today. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!


Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
Very nice! Enjoy. I'll be eating Matzah with some family and friends, following on my phone but not watching (unless I'm very lucky).

Are you in town, grossie?


No, here in chicago. If I was there I'd have watched the whole thing. I had to rush home to catch the last 10 minutes when the habs actually looked good.
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
I had to rush home to catch the last 10 minutes when the habs actually looked good.

True. They just weren't into it the first period. Detrimental. They picked it up in the Second and played very well in the Third. Too little, too late.

Great game to attend though. My voice is a bit strained this morning. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Great game by Howard in net.

I think this was key - he really made some nice stops to keep their comfortable lead in the first half or so of the game. A team effort last night for sure. It would be great if they could close it out on Wednesday night, but I still think this Phoenix team will come out strong.

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.



He's bumming because he knows that as soon as this series is over, the Yotes are moving back to Winnipeg. No more going to the rink in shorts and flip flops. No more golf year round.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!


Yeah, the Wings are killing the Coyotes with their depth, just like last year. They keep coming at them in waves... Wonder if tomorrow's game will be their last in Phoenix. I hope not... Frown
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:

And is it just me, or did Tippett look completely dejected whenever they showed him? I kept wondering what was going through his mind.



He's bumming because he knows that as soon as this series is over, the Yotes are moving back to Winnipeg. No more going to the rink in shorts and flip flops. No more golf year round.


You have to wonder if the uncertainty over their future is starting to take its toll. The Wings are clearly the better team but the Coyotes haven't shown much fight in this series, which hasn't been the case for most of the past two years under Tippett.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
Is Zetterberg going to be back?


I don't know...does it matter? Eek

Enjoy yourself...but I hope you go home disappointed!



Zetterberg is out again tonight. Heading out in a bit. Big Grin

Go Wings!


I guess the Wings didn't miss him (again). So many players on the Redwings are stepping up--Helm knocking Jovanovski off the puck for the first goal was sweet. Filpula had a great game. Franzenstein is unstoppable. Datsyuk was his usual incredible self, but neither he nor Holmstrom were even on the score sheet. Abdelkader is just so much fun to watch. Great game by Howard in net.

Go Wings !!


Ok so last nights game was fun to be at but such a somber place last night, lol. It was almost boring being there and I almost wished I was at home sipping a nice bottle while watching instead of paying for $11.00 beers.

Anyways, being as unbiased as I can be I'll say this. In person Franzen looked AWFUL except for his one shining breakaway(which he had due to the fact that he didn't get back and was out of position anyways)

The refs called two Horific penalties on the Coyotes last night. I mean c'mon guys its the playoffs.

Howard saved our asses last night literally. He made some huge saves early on that were keys to us keeping a comfortable lead the whole game.

Someone was saying we were beating them with depth. I totally disagree. Our 3rd and 4th lines were totally exposed last night other than a shift here or there. Watching in person gives you a much better perspective of the whole game.

The really bright spots for the Wings I thought were Howard and the power play was just utter perfection in getting it set up and moving the puck around even though they didn't score.

Overall I am honestly scared about the next round and playing teams with more depth as I think we are weak past our first two lines. I hope I'm wrong and those guys pick it up; or perhaps they were just shlupping last night as they had a two or three goal lead the whole game.

Go Wings!
I don't think the Torres hit deserved a suspension. It was an interference penalty for sure, but he didn't go to Seabrook's head and there was no elbowing or high sticking involved. The guy just got caught with his head down.

As for the Coyotes, I think that the NHL is using the threat of a move to Winnipeg as it's last piece of leverage to keep the team in the desert. Apparently they're going to start a season ticket drive this week or next in Winnipeg and the rumor is if they can get committments from 10,000 season tickets for 3 years, the Coyotes are gone. I'll believe it when it happens as I have a hard time believing that Bettman is willing to admit making that big a mistake. I really feel for the players and coaches. Imagine having to move from the desert to Winnipeg Eek
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
Hopefully the Canucks can show some killer instinct and complete the sweep tonight. To be frank I was almost hoping that the league would suspend Torres for a game or two so it wouldn't be a distraction for tonight's game.


If he's a distraction for anyone, it'll be for the Blackhawks. Let's see how many stupid penalties they take trying to get a "payback" hit on Torres.

It's not like they're going to drop the gloves. Who's the enforcer? John Scott?

"When a guy 6-8 challenges you that can't skate? Usually you say no and you go around him and score," Canucks defenseman Kevin Bieksa.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×