Skip to main content

I'll admit I'm never keen on a playoff match-up with them, but this year should be pretty safe. There was a pretty big difference between the two this season and even an in-form Price probably couldn't compensate for that. That said, they won't even make it past Pittsburgh.

I'm happy the Red Wings didn't make it because that is a team the B's had trouble with this season.

Congrats to Marian Hossa on being elected to the HOF first ballot. That doesn’t happen without the three championships IMO. The team really seemed to lose a lot of focus once he stopped playing.

I was surprised to see Doug Wilson get in after all these years, but happy for him. He and Bob Murray were the top d-men on the Blackhawks when I first got into the sport. The video shown on TSN of Lanny McDonald calling him with the news was cool to watch.

@vinoevelo posted:

It was great seeing Iggy get in.  One of the greatest leaders in hockey on any team he played for.  He and Vinny LeCav duking it out in the cup finals is the stuff of legend.  Even in spite of Mrs. VeV reminding me I was her third pick behind him and Eddie Vedder I still love him.

Yeah, he’s worthy for sure. I’d have loved to see him hoist the Cup, and kept hoping the Hawks would get him at the trade deadline when he was moving around at the end of his career.

Last edited by billhike

Time to revive this thread as the "playoffs" start tomorrow. I hope they manage to get it done safely unlike the MLB, which is in danger of turning into a clusterfuck. 24 teams in the playoffs is a joke. Great idea Bettman, you tool.

The Bruins were looking really good in the regular season but all bets are off now. Doesn't help that Marchand left the game yesterday with a possible injury.

This thread is dead if neither Billhike or TLV are going to post with their Hawks on the verge of eliminating the Oilers.

Hard to know what to read into the "seeding" games other than the fact it screws the Bruins who played 70 regular season games for 100 pts and the President's Cup only to have the top seed spot taken away. Have I mentioned before that I think Bettman is a fucken clown?

Tampa Bay looks pretty good.

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

(instrumental)

You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here (trails off)

I see it was a mistake to revive this thread.

Both #12 seeds advance to the "real" playoffs. Pittsburgh looked poor and Carey Price was solid. There is a part of me that is happy the Bruins will not be the #1 seed. Irrational fears never really go away I guess.

I couldn't believe the Blue Jackets folded like that in the last 4 minutes of the game. I wonder what Tortorella's mood was like in the dressing room after the game?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.