billhike posted:

Yep - fun stuff. 

We are going to be in Nashville for a few nights in early May with no set plans. If the Preds are home for a playoff game and tickets aren’t too crazy I’ll be tempted to go.

You should - people I know have said it's a great game experience.  And the town isn't too shabby either. 

Hey Chicago fans, your team still has a chance, albeit remote. They have been playing better recently and have games against the Avalanche (2) and Arizona. Throw in games against the hapless Kings and the for-all-intents-and-purposes eliminated Flyers...but they do need some help.

I liked the way the Bruins destroyed the Islanders last night and I like the way the Leafs are struggling.

The "for-all-intnents-and-purposes" eliminated Flyers handed it to the Hawks last night.  The next three games will tell, but they just can't beat any teams that are in a playoff spot.  Just lose already so that I can stop paying attention.  Or win already so I can watch some playoff games. 

Lightning at 59 wins with 5 left!  If they win all 5, they tie the NHL points record of 132 and break the record for wins.  Win at least 3 of 5 to tie the wins record.

Also nice to see them come back against the Bruins last night, though will be more satisfying to send them packing in the playoffs.

pinotlvr posted:

Lightning at 59 wins with 5 left!  If they win all 5, they tie the NHL points record of 132 and break the record for wins.  Win at least 3 of 5 to tie the wins record.

Also nice to see them come back against the Bruins last night, though will be more satisfying to send them packing in the playoffs.

Seems like a lock to win the Stanley Cup.  But, I remember when the Blackhawks won the Presidents' Trophy in 1991 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to the North Stars.  When they won the trophy again in 2013 (lockout shortened season), I was worried when the playoffs started.  The 1991 Red Wings hold the current point record since the trophy started to be handed out (1986), and won the trophy by 27 points, only to lose in the conference finals.  Only 8 trophy winners have actually gone on to win the Stanley Cup since 1986. 

The Lightning have had an amazing season and I wouldn't mind seeing them win the Cup, but I'd be somewhat nervous come playoff time if I was a Lightning fan.  Anything can happen...

thelostverse posted:

The "for-all-intnents-and-purposes" eliminated Flyers handed it to the Hawks last night.  The next three games will tell, but they just can't beat any teams that are in a playoff spot.  Just lose already so that I can stop paying attention.  Or win already so I can watch some playoff games. 

It appears we can stop caring.

steve8 posted:
pinotlvr posted:

Ha! What TLV said about first round upsets.

Steve, really hoping your Bruins hand it to the Leaves in the first round.  The people around my office have been even more insufferable than normal this year when it comes to hockey.  Seeing the Bruins curb stomp Toronto again might actually shut them up. 

csm posted:
steve8 posted:
pinotlvr posted:

Ha! What TLV said about first round upsets.

Steve, really hoping your Bruins hand it to the Leaves in the first round.  The people around my office have been even more insufferable than normal this year when it comes to hockey.  Seeing the Bruins curb stomp Toronto again might actually shut them up. 

Is sunnylea57 really that annoying? 

mangiare posted:

easy now CSM. I actually think the Leaf's have a better chance against the Bruins this year.  AND winning the third period of game 7 last year wasn't exactly a stomping either. 

What about the recent history between the two teams the Leafs' play over the last month makes you think they have a better chance?  I'm seriously asking because I just don't see it.  

csm posted:
mangiare posted:

easy now CSM. I actually think the Leaf's have a better chance against the Bruins this year.  AND winning the third period of game 7 last year wasn't exactly a stomping either. 

What about the recent history between the two teams the Leafs' play over the last month makes you think they have a better chance?  I'm seriously asking because I just don't see it.  

Outside of Steve8, bman and I guess csm...the rest of the North America is suffering through Boston fatigue.  The leafs would be doing us all a favor by finally shutting up those obnoxious Boston fans.  Granted, it could be that too many ex-Boston area residents live here in Florida, but still - Go Leafs

pinotlvr posted:
csm posted:
mangiare posted:

Outside of Steve8, bman and I guess csm...the rest of the North America is suffering through Boston fatigue.  The leafs would be doing us all a favor by finally shutting up those obnoxious Boston fans.  Granted, it could be that too many ex-Boston area residents live here in Florida, but still - Go Leafs

CSM is a Jets fan actually, but I work in the Toronto burbs, and I refuse to believe that Bruins fans are as obnoxious than the Leaves fans I'm forced to talk to on a daily basis.  

csm posted:
mangiare posted:

agreed. They're not looking very good these days but......

The Habs beat the Bolts to keep their hopes alive with a little help from the Bruins, but none whatsoever from the (make-be)Leaves. Not that I really want the Habs in the playoffs...in fact I don't.

The Leafs do some to be having problems finding the back of the net. Great timing.

They had 2 shots in the first and Nylander looks like he should be playing for the Marlies. 

He was a good foot offside on a 2 on 1 with Matthews last night. Unacceptable at this level and his pay bracket. 

Our only real hope is that Andersen is lights out and sparks the rest of the team. 

steve8 posted:

The Leafs do some to be having problems finding the back of the net. Great timing.

For all the high hopes for the Leafs and the Jets at the beginning of the season, both sure are limping into the playoffs.  Hoping one or both get it together.  Playoffs more exciting here when Canadian teams make deep runs. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)