NHL 2018/19

Starting this for the five of us who may participate...

Thankfully the Blackhawks opened against a crap team, allowing them to come from behind in overtime. Without a top tier goalie for now, their inability to clear the puck from their zone will be ugly. 

Original Post

One game in and the Rat in Boston is already back to being an idiot again.  Granted Eller shouldnt have showboated in front of the bench, but Marchand is not someone who can say he was taking the high ground for enforcing poor sportsmanship.  Max Domi breaking ekbalds nose becuase he didnt want to fight wasnt much better.

I'm surprised he didnt lick Eller.

Go Leafs Go.

Don’t forget about Tom Wilson. He shouldn’t have been allowed at the banner-raising ceremony if he was on active suspension, IMO. That may have been the strongest possible message. Instead, a knee on knee season ender or bad concussion might be what that scumbag needs.

csm posted:

Folks in Toronto planning the parade already after a 1 goal win over an awful Habs team.  Hilarious.

That Hawks/Maple Leafs game over the weekend reminded me of the Oilers back in 1980's.  Neither team minded giving up 6 goals because they knew they could score 7.  Fun game to watch as a fan, but the kind of game that will make coaches old in a hurry.

I'll reserve comment on the apparently resurgent Hawks until we see if Crawford will indeed return next week. 

I watched the Hawks last night.  I can't believe how slow they are and how they don't really want the puck ever.  It was a sad affair despite the fact that they won 1-0

Montreal is a pleasant surprise.  I'm thinking 30% chance of playoffs, but that's much better than I had in mind coming into this season.  They are fast and young and they know how to score.  Too bad Price can't play goalie anymore.

grossie posted:

Too bad Price can't play goalie anymore.

and those 43 saves he made last night to beat the flames were just good luck?  Dont get me wrong - my 2nd favourite team in the league is whoever is playing the habs but Price is still one of the best in the game.  He needs competent D in front of him so he isnt forced to make 43 saves a night.

VeV- Price's best game of the year by far, he stole a game for his team, first time this season.  Other than last night his save percentage has been .892 on the year.  Say what you want about defence, but that is a bad number for a top goalie.  I'm hoping he is turning things around.

Price now has 2 good games in a row, hopefully he'll be back to his old ways.  I don't think anyone is really clamoring for his head just yet, but it's worrisome when your best player is playing that badly.

FWIW I still like the Subban for Weber trade.  How's PK doing in Nashville?  How are his teammates liking him?  Is he getting along better with management?  He is highly skilled but a royal pain in the ass, it's all about the PK show with PK, the problems are well-documented.   It's an interesting situation, I think it's still TBD. 

vinoevelo posted:

i think i've finally hit the point that i've been so inundated with what Nylander is doing, where he's skating, what he's eating, what airport his agent is at, what his dad thinks, what Babs thinks that i dont even care anymore.  

Mark it dude.

You won’t have to think about it for six more years. When the time comes, I’m guessing the Auston Matthews watch will be a bit more intense.

billhike posted:

Yep, we knew it was coming but I didn’t expect such a steep decline. Imagine if we as least had a mediocre defense with the improved play this year we’ve seen from Toews and Saad.

Chris Kunitz has been absolutely useless.

That was a complete head-scratcher.  At least it was only a one year deal on the cheap. 

Moronic to expand this already watered down league. Ottawa should have moved to Seattle if they want a franchise there, coupled with the folding of the Panthers, Hurricanes and Coyotes. 4 divisions of 7 teams with the top 4 in each division making the playoffs. So easy!

billhike posted:

Moronic to expand this already watered down league. Ottawa should have moved to Seattle if they want a franchise there, coupled with the folding of the Panthers, Hurricanes and Coyotes. 4 divisions of 7 teams with the top 4 in each division making the playoffs. So easy!

But then the league doesn't get its $650 million expansion fee.  Ottawa needs a new building or they are dead (Calgary too).  Could see a team in Quebec City (Florida) and Houston (Phoenix) in the not too distant future.  

billhike posted:
vinoevelo posted:

i think i've finally hit the point that i've been so inundated with what Nylander is doing, where he's skating, what he's eating, what airport his agent is at, what his dad thinks, what Babs thinks that i dont even care anymore.  

Mark it dude.

You won’t have to think about it for six more years. When the time comes, I’m guessing the Auston Matthews watch will be a bit more intense.

I've heard rumours, all unsubstantiated of course, that Matthews is lukewarm on re-signing in Toronto.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him elsewhere, especially if he gets hurt again.  With the way Marner is playing, they may have to let one of them walk.  To re-sign, Matthews and Marner, they're going to have three guys north of $10 million AAV.

Matthews OT winner with 3 sec. left last night was a beauty.....  almost woke up the kids.

No sympathy for Tom Wilson after Reaves laid him out.  Drives me nuts when his coach is looking for sympathy for a guy who's built his career on blind-shot elbows to the head.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)