The new season starts tonight!

The Blackhawks are coming off two seasons of being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. Of course, last time that happened in 2011-2012, they won the Stanley Cup in 2013. Here's hoping. Hossa will officially go on LTIR today, thus creating $5.75 million in cap space for a team that's been up against the cap for many years now. What will Bowman do with the space? I can't wait to see what the Hawks do this year - there are many unknowns with the team this year. Drop the puck.

Looking forward to what should be a great game tonight in Oilers v. Flames.
Original Post
Hartzy leading the league in scoring after 5 points last night. He's on pace for 410 points this season. Big Grin Watch out Gretzky.

Obviously the game was an anomaly last night, but any win against the Penguins is good in my book. Columbus on Saturday. In fact, the Hawks first 8 games this season are against playoff teams from last season. I guess we'll know pretty quickly whether they are for real.
BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS
RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN

Here Come the Hawks, the mighty Blackhawks
Take the attack, Yeah, and we'll back you Blackhawks
You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Let's go you Hawks, move off
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

You're flying high now, so let's wrap it up
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks
Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here come the Hawks

Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Hat trick for old man Ovechkin last night. He's going to need to really step up this year, as the Caps are a little diminished this season.

PH

Doing enough for you so far? Big Grin

So far, so good!

PH
Got a little schvinktered with the Buds last night...guns are firing on all cylinders, need some defence though.

I think Marleau is a good addition to the young jets on the team. Hoping for goods things this year.

Been waiting, well, my whole life for Stanley.
quote:
Corey Crawford was godlike for stretches in his hometown tonight, and he needed to be. Damn, I'm glad hockey is back. Also, Alex DeBrincat gets his 1st NHL goal on the 10th anniversary of Jonathan Toews getting his.

Brilliant game by Crawford last night (except for that first goal). I think the second line really misses Schmaltz, but he is supposed to back on Thursday. 7 out of 8 possible points, all against playoff teams from last year. Not bad.
Looks like the return of Saad is paying some dividends for the Hawks. Panarin, who the Blue Jackets got back in the trade, has started out OK with 3 assists thus far. Big surprise for the Jackets has been 21-year-old Sonny Milano. Former first round pick has four goals so far including two last night in their 2-1 victory in OT.
[POTUS] congratulates mostly non-American NHL team on being “incredible patriots”
What do all the players in the photo have in common?
Updated by Zack Beauchamp@zackbeauchampzack@vox.com Oct 10, 2017, 5:30pm EDT

quote:
Ten of the 23 players on the Pittsburgh Penguins roster during the 2017 Stanley Cup Finals were American. The majority hailed from elsewhere, specifically Canada and a grab bag of cold European countries (Russia, Germany, Sweden, Switzerland, and Finland). The fact that they play for an American NHL team does not magically turn them into American patriots; typically, they play for their home country during the Olympics.
Got go see Hawks/Preds in person last night. A somewhat boring game until the 3rd. Brandon Saad is continuing to make his return a welcome one. Great to see a win, but it's frightening how bad our power play is.

Brent Seabrook is almost becoming a liability. If he is going to suck defensively, I wish he would at least dish some hits.
BLACKHAWK KARMA . . . HERE COME THE HAWKS
RESPECT THE INDIAN . . . FEAR THE INDIAN

You're flyin' high now, so let's wrap it up
Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks,

Here they come movin', weavin', flyin' high and throwin' spray,
Blades flashin' sticks crashin' tryin' for the play,
And the Blackhawks, take control,
There's a shot, AND A GOAL!

Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks

Now all look out, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks, Here Come the Hawks.
quote:
Got go see Hawks/Preds in person last night. A somewhat boring game until the 3rd. Brandon Saad is continuing to make his return a welcome one. Great to see a win, but it's frightening how bad our power play is.

Brent Seabrook is almost becoming a liability. If he is going to suck defensively, I wish he would at least dish some hits.

2-1/2 months later, and Saad hasn’t done jack since. In addition to Seabrook’s boat anchor deal, there are people openly talking about the uncomfortable subject of Toews and his complete lack of effectiveness. Panik, a bright spot last year has pretty much disappeared. Really missing Hossa as well.

Add Reply

Likes (0)