McDonough went on record today and said that Bowman and Quenneville will remain in their current positions next year. Not sure how I feel about that as I was prepared for Q to get the axe. I'm just wondering if he's lost the room. Every coach has a shelf life and it seems like his is past the expiration date. He'll probably have a short lease with the start of next season.

McDonough also said he's "very optimistic" that Corey Crawford will be good to go for next season. I'll believe that when I see it. They better find a better back up option than the sieves they threw out there this season.

On a more positive note, that comeback over St. Louis last night really made me smile. It would be a small victory to keep the Blues out of the playoffs.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
You can tell the Blackhawks suck this year by how little activity there is on this thread. Razz Glad they managed to beat the Jets last night, but that doesn't help their standing in the draft lottery.

Why are you hating on the Jets???
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Two months of disctraction from the yawnfest that is baseball.

I have found that those who are most or least able to appreciate golf and baseball are those who either have or haven't ever played the game at a competitive level. Hope that sentence makes sense.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

I have found that those who are most or least able to appreciate golf and baseball are those who either have or haven't ever played the game at a competitive level. Hope that sentence makes sense.

PH

Hi PH,

The sentence makes sense. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch but I can't skate one bit. I enjoy watching golf and have gone to tournaments (including the 1990 US Open) but never broke 95.
Wink

Baseball is boring to me. While i respect the fact that many people enjoy it, it isn't for me. And I come across people (some on this forum) who malign hockey so I throw a little jab now and then.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:

PH

Hi PH,

The sentence makes sense. Hockey is my favorite sport to watch but I can't skate one bit. I enjoy watching golf and have gone to tournaments (including the 1990 US Open) but never broke 95.
Wink

Baseball is boring to me. While i respect the fact that many people enjoy it, it isn't for me. And I come across people (some on this forum) who malign hockey so I throw a little jab now and then.

Like hockey and can't skate either. I much prefer seeing hockey live. I get a better sense of the speed and skill required. Actually, the same is true for me for every sport except football.

Baseball has grown on me more and more as I've gotten a little bit older. There is so much that's unique to this sport. It's complex mentally and strategically. I love that it's the only team sport where the defense has the ball. I love the combination on reliance on both individual effort and team results. I could go on and on.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
Blue Jackets lose last night but still clinch playoff spot. Now let's see if they can finally when a playoff series.

I hope they stick around a while, if for no other reason than bonus Torts interviews and pressers.

Add Reply

Likes (0)