NHL 2012-13 - will we have a season?

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I'm getting to the point where I really don't care anymore. And that is NOT what the NHL needs from people like me.

PH

I had season tickets until their last work stoppage. I have only been to 20 or so games since.

The most expensive sports ticket in major sports, and they keep this stuff up. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
I'm getting to the point where I really don't care anymore. And that is NOT what the NHL needs from people like me.

PH

I had season tickets until their last work stoppage.

I never had Season tickets but I gave a crap. Gave that up as well the last time this went down.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

PH

I had season tickets until their last work stoppage.

I never had Season tickets but I gave a crap. Gave that up as well the last time this went down.

I had 2 season's tickets until the Leafs stopped giving a crap. That was a long, long time ago.

It's now been 3 years since I saw the Leafs play. Clearly not missing them...
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Bye-bye Winter Classic.

And I had tickets too.

so upset I might watch the raptors game.

Mad

Don't do it! That will just make the anxiety worse. Bang

Toronto might just be the worst sports city right now.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Today is a huge day in the ongoing negotiations. I've heard more than a few "insiders" say that today is the most important day. It either gets close today, or the season will be lost. Most sound somewhat optimistic, but I'm getting more skeptical myself.

Not to worry - "next year" for the Cubs starts in less than 5 months! Banana
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
V- just watched some with the 10month old in the dark at 4:30am. Awesome stuff, hard to believe the game has changed so much.

aw man... i administered a dose of advil before bed and made it til 6am...
Banana

As much as i loathe Bettman this 2 week hiatus is a shrewd move. Forces the NHLPA to realize the season could be gone if they don't do something other than say "no".
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I'm starting to be convinced that the entire season will be a washout. Mad

I had resigned myself to that while ago. I could use something to take away from the pain of the Lions (not much pain with the Pistons since I'm numb to that now).
There appears to be a bit of cautious optimism coming from inside sources on both sides of this train wreck. I wouldn't be surprised to hear one more round of "the season is dead" comments after today's talks, but I'm starting to believe there may be hockey by New Years.

Wouldn't be the first time I was fooled though...
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
This "season" I will not be a part of. What, if the Cancunks win will we endure a reduced riot, proportional to 48/82?

Not sure what a Cancunk is Big Grin, but if you're worrying about the Canucks winning it all, I wouldn't. Luongo is still on the roster. Devilish

Man I missed the NHL. Haven't been able to trash talk since the Hawks were knocked out of the playoffs last season.
quote:
DROP THE PUCK!!!

Banana Banana Banana

Sounds like camps will open the 13th, and opening day will be the 19th. 48 game schedule with no cross-conference games until the Cup finals.

They're trying to set up rivalry games for opening day, so I'm thinking the Hawks may get Vancouver or Detroit to open the season. The Bulls are home on the 19th, so it looks like the Hawks will open on the road. They may as well get used to it as the stupid Disney on Ice show will be at the UC from January 30th to February 10th.

With a short sprint to the finish this season, starting the season with many road games may put the Hawks behind the eight ball right away. Here's hoping they're a good road team this year...
It should be a pretty exciting shortened season. The one thing that sucks is D bought 4 tix for the game vs. the Cannots that was to take place in late February. I'm guessing the only thing we'll be getting for those tickets is a refund. Mad

We may need to consider an offline centered around viewing a game, either at someone's home or a bar with a great selection of crafts/imports on tap.
quote:
We may need to consider an offline centered around viewing a game, either at someone's home or a bar with a great selection of crafts/imports on tap.

As soon as the Wings release their official schedule, we can figure it out. Wink

I agree that it should be an exciting shortened season...48 games may be closer to the right amount of games as opposed to 80. I'm not very hopeful for the Red Wings, though. Despite lots of parity, I just feel like this is going to be a bad year. Maybe it's because Lidstrom is gone.

Add Reply

Likes (0)