Skip to main content

Dolphins are what they are - a slightly better than average team.  Offensive line still a problem (as it has been for many years).

Anyone who saw their score and thought another blowout over the Jets - frankly Dolphins did not appear all that much better than the now 0-11 Jets.  Was 13-3 only for quite a long time.  At least Fitzpatrick did not make any of his normal stupid plays -

I got just bits of the first half of the Lions game and it looked like it would be interesting to be able to sit down and watch the second half uninterrupted.  Then the Lions showed up for the second half.  Boo.

Someone on one of the pregame shows actually said the game was a must win for the Cowboys Super Bowl hopes.  Super Bowl?

Anyway if you hate the Cowboys, Jerry Jones, or Texan things in general it was a great game for you.  Not just the blow out but the whacked out play calling of McCarthy.  It completely assures that Jones and his staff won't deal with the major issues they have with talent and salary cap issues, instead they've got a scapegoat.  Nolan and McCarthy will be gone.  The Greatest Roster in History on Paper will return, minus the parts that will need to be offloaded to pay for: Lawrence, Cooper, Elliot and Prescott, and the Cowboys will have another bad season next year, and probably for many years to come.

I guess now it's very clear to everyone why Aaron Rodgers didn't think Mike McCarthy knew what the hell he was doing.

The Browns have one of the best records in the NFL.

Just putting that out there.

It was pretty clear early in the Raiders game that they had no interest in playing football.  I've seen teams quit at this stage of the season before but teams in a playoff spot doing it is rare.  I kept up on the Titans-Colts for the rest of the morning.  Hardly seemed like the same Titans team that played the Colts on that Thursday night.

Mostly I watched the Saints, with commercial breaks flipping to the Niners.  I'm sure most of you didn't see that Saints - Broncos game.  It was worse than the highlights let on.  The Saints dropped 3 interceptions.  Not the close play could have had it type, but just dropped balls in their hands with no receiver in the play.  Hill had a bad game.  He held the ball forever, almost like he thought the Broncos defensive line was in the same shape as it offense. 

I'm not a conspiracy theory kind of guy, but here's a situation with two tiny market teams, with one wrapped up a division and another out of the playoffs playing at the same time as a prime match up (Mahomes v Brady).  No one is watching who doesn't love one of those two teams, and even then a lot of them probably went shopping.  What you got was an embarrassment of a football game not seen since the strike era replacement games, and no one saw it.  No one was outraged at what the NFL let happen.  They should have been, no matter what the 'logic' in moving the Ravens all over the calendar vs moving the Broncos, it was an NFL team whip assing on a team without a chance.  The only thing I could wonder was if it was a message to the other teams to get their shit in order, least they be served up as fodder like the Broncos.

Can't be too mad, Saints won.

And the best team in the NFC West is not the Rams.

Anyone ever seen Le Diner le Cons?  The French version not the lame ass American one.  The beauty of that movie is just at the moment when your about to feel sorry for the Idiot he does something so completely stupid you can't help it and you laugh at him, even though you know it's cruel and wrong.  Mitch Trubisky we laugh at you, we can't help it.

After watching Pittsburg play a pretty average game against a Ravens squad at 50% capacity and almost get beat by a washed up has been and a tiny never will be it cast the strength of the whole division in question for me.  I went to the schedule and as a division The AFC North is 2-7 against teams with 5 wins or more outside of their division.

First that's amazing to only play 9 out of 28 against teams with good records and it's actually not even that good.  Against teams with 8 or more wins they are 1-3, with one game against the Chiefs (0-1) and 3 v the Titans (1-2).  Ari's much maligned Fins have 3 games against 8 win teams and they're 1-2.  No Seahawks, Bills, Rams, Saints or Packers to measure the division against.

The 12/13 Steelers v Bills game is the only one remaining in the division against a 'good' team.  I'd save any bets for how far the Steelers go in the playoffs until after that game.

Anyone ever seen Le Diner le Cons? ...The beauty of that movie is just at the moment when your about to feel sorry for the Idiot he does something so completely stupid you can't help it and you laugh at him, even though you know it's cruel and wrong.  Mitch Trubisky we laugh at you, we can't help it.

The other comedic device used in the movie is every now and then you think the Idiot is finally going to do something smart and not make a dumb mistake.  It usually builds for a bit and you think, he's finally not going to be an idiot, he's finally going to get out of his own way....

Mitch is using all the techniques.  We laugh again.  Can't help it.

So is Gregg Williams finally done?  I mean who left in the football universe hasn't called him a moron in the last 18 hours?  Including his own players.  Even Jon 'Kiss Every Coaches Ass" Gruden had to think: "What a moron".  Well maybe Gruden will hire him because he thinks he can fix anything.

My clarity was November 13th 2011.  Saints up by three with 1:55 left. the Falcons are on their own 6 with no time outs.  Ryan isn't a runner, you can drop 7-8 in coverage, force the middle of the field, the clocks going to run out on them as long as you don't give up anything big. 

Williams calls a Fire Zone Blitz.  Leaving a defense end to cover the slot receiver.  Not only that, the assignment is cross formation, so the DE has to drop back and pick up the slot receiver by running across the field.  If you're not a geek like me what that basically means is the slot receiver is uncovered.  Ryan reads it rolls right to open a throwing lane and hits the slot for 20+ yards.

Next play.  Same exact fucking thing for 20+ yards.

Falcons hurry to the line and the Saints are showing the same defense.  I can't believe it.  Matt Ryan can't believe it.  No fucking way, he's just burned them for 45 yards.  It's got to be a trap.  They wouldn't leave the slot open again.  They do.  Ryan didn't believe it though, he had to think it was a trap, or he wanted to take a shot against a deep zone to win.  Whatever, he throws an incompletion deep down the middle. 

Clock stops.  Chance to breath.  Maybe Williams just got caught by the hurry up and was having trouble changing defenses.  Maybe he was confused and didn't know what to call besides that Fire Blitz.  Now he has time.

The play call?  Fire Zone Blitz with weakside DE dropping back into coverage.  The same mutter fucking moron play again.  I can't imagine what Matt Ryan is thinking.  This couldn't be happening?  Am I in some sort of Ground Hog Day loop where I get sacked and killed at the end if I keep doing the same thing?  Did the Saints Defensive Coordinator have a heart attack on the sideline and the Saints are just stuck in the same play call?

20+ yards to the Saints 30.  Field Goal range.  Game tied. Overtime.

Gregg would not be invited back after the season.  Most outlets reported it was because of a very similar fiasco in the playoffs against the 49ers that allowed two touchdowns with less than 5 minutes.  It was that Falcons game though when Payton made up his mind according to everything I was reading.

Bounty Gate would hit 2 months after his 'unsigning" then he'd get rehired three time by, get this list of idiots: Jeff Fisher, Hue Jackson, Adam Gase.   I mean maybe he'll get another job?  Are we out of idiot head coaches yet?

I'll start working back from last night.

It appears that Troy Aikman might have finally kicked the universe awake (at least outside of Texas where delusion is hard to overcome it seems).  Serious lack of talent, poor coaching, poor preparation, no effort and most important they have a rash of well paid players who are not close to returning value for the salary cap hit they're taking.

He hinted around the QB injury situation as well, but I think it needed to be called out.  The 49ers have won 2 games and looked better with worse injuries and a back up QB, Washington has won 3 games in a row with a player who started the year on the practice squad, the Giants won with Colt McCoy and the Saints are 3-0 with Hill.  Let's face it, you didn't even know Colt McCoy was still playing.

The Cowboys were supposed to have the best back up QB in the league, and they might actually, but it hasn't mattered.

I only saw the end of the Steelers game and I wasn't really surprised given how they'd played against a Ravens team at 1/2 strength. 

Allen and the Bills looked like the real deal.  Better than any other time I've seen them.  The National TV game didn't throw him like I've seen happen in the past.  The 49ers are a severely wounded team but the Bills did what you're supposed to do and put them away.

I watched the Saints take care of business in the morning.  Hill gave me the impression that the weak performance last week was just operating under instructions to take the sacks, don't force the ball.  He's got throws that Brees has never had, he threw a 20 yard out for a first down on 3rd and 18 that covered 40 yards in the air.

I wish I could have seen some of the Browns - Titans.    I'll make an effort this week to see the Brownies live.

The Giants did a great job of forcing Wilson to stay in the pocket or up the middle.  He was rarely able to move left or right, and that's when he gets so dangerous.  Still a shocking upset.  I for one did not know Colt McCoy was still in the league.

The Carson Wentz implosion seems complete. 

I know I watched the late game.  I wish I could say something interesting about it, but I got nothing.

Anyone want to take bets on Williams next job?

I'll start working back from last night.

It appears that Troy Aikman might have finally kicked the universe awake (at least outside of Texas where delusion is hard to overcome it seems).  Serious lack of talent, poor coaching, poor preparation, no effort and most important they have a rash of well paid players who are not close to returning value for the salary cap hit they're taking.

He hinted around the QB injury situation as well, but I think it needed to be called out.  The 49ers have won 2 games and looked better with worse injuries and a back up QB, Washington has won 3 games in a row with a player who started the year on the practice squad, the Giants won with Colt McCoy and the Saints are 3-0 with Hill.  Let's face it, you didn't even know Colt McCoy was still playing.

The Cowboys were supposed to have the best back up QB in the league, and they might actually, but it hasn't mattered.

I only saw the end of the Steelers game and I wasn't really surprised given how they'd played against a Ravens team at 1/2 strength.

Allen and the Bills looked like the real deal.  Better than any other time I've seen them.  The National TV game didn't throw him like I've seen happen in the past.  The 49ers are a severely wounded team but the Bills did what you're supposed to do and put them away.

I watched the Saints take care of business in the morning.  Hill gave me the impression that the weak performance last week was just operating under instructions to take the sacks, don't force the ball.  He's got throws that Brees has never had, he threw a 20 yard out for a first down on 3rd and 18 that covered 40 yards in the air.

I wish I could have seen some of the Browns - Titans.    I'll make an effort this week to see the Brownies live.

The Giants did a great job of forcing Wilson to stay in the pocket or up the middle.  He was rarely able to move left or right, and that's when he gets so dangerous.  Still a shocking upset.  I for one did not know Colt McCoy was still in the league.

The Carson Wentz implosion seems complete.

I know I watched the late game.  I wish I could say something interesting about it, but I got nothing.

Anyone want to take bets on Williams next job?

Browns - Ravens is MNF.  After a statement game against the Titans, I hope they follow it up with one of their hated rivals on National tv. 

Huge upgrades at LT and RT have made a big difference this year, but really it comes back to Stefanski who has done a terrific job as Head Coach.  Going from Fat F*ck Freddie (as he was affectionately known in NE Ohio) to Stefanski is like going from Boone's farm to a First Growth. 

Still, as with all Browns fans, cautiously optimistic while waiting for the bottom to drop out. 

@billhike posted:

Bears HC.

That made me laugh. 

I think you're safe.  Pace was in New Orleans when Williams was there.  He should 100% know better.

The Cowboys are my top contender after the Raiders.  Gruden thinks he can fix anything.  Peterman is still on the roster for the Raiders.

I can hear Jerry Jones: "We could use him, he's aggressive and he won't put in anything the players think is too complicated"  That's the dig on Nolan in the Dallas blogesphere.  How someone who can't add to 12 can make something too complicated for 11 grown men to understand is beyond me though. 

The 49ers have some sort of magic mojo dust they use against the Rams.

I've seen four complete Rams games now.  Twice they looked like the best team in the division, and on par with the Pack and Saints. 

Against the 49ers they looked like crap both times, and the 49ers are pretty bad this year.

Outside of the Niners the Rams loses are to the Fins and Bills - two playoff teams.

Stephania, did you coach some football in your past? Do you do film study? Impressed with your knowledge.

I have not watched as much NFL as past years but still a bit. KC has to still be the favorite IMO.

It looks as though the Panthers made the right call on Cam. Love him as a player but the hits he has taken have caught up to him.

Finally, is the "rag to riches" story of Gator QB Kyle Trask going to place him in New England. He seems to be a Belichick kind of QB and his overall less than perceived physical talent may allow him to drop in the draft.

Thanks SCbeerman.  No one's ever really asked here.  I think they just figure I'm winging it.

My Dad played QB and End at a good public school in SF.  That started my education.  My HS football program was/is the best public program in CA. My firsts year of varsity my QB was Marty Mornhinweg and the OC was Mike Holmgren. Coach H had played QB and End with my dad at Lincoln.  He kind of took me under his wing and I think I was just on varsity that first year so I could sit in the room and learn with him and Marty.  Not often you get to play HS ball with two future NFL head coaches.

Coach H recruited me to go to BYU, but I wanted to stay close to home and wasn't keen on the whole LDS thing.  I only dressed for three D1 games before a practice injury pretty much wrapped things up and sent me to the film room.

When I graduated I didn't know what the hell to do, I usually describe these years as 'playing poker', but Coach H gave me a job.  I think now they'd call it 'quality control coordinator' but back then I was the VCR guy.  I did get to sit in the room, at least for a little time, before most of the home games with Coach Walsh, Joe and Steve.

I hated the hours and didn't really like the other guys in the facility doing the same things I was doing trying to get into coaching so I eventually took a better paying tech job that was a regular 9-5 / 40.  Coach H did ask me if I was interested in going to Green Bay with him a couple years later, but I wasn't.  I guess that makes me a dead branch on the Holmgren coaching tree.

By the way have you been able to watch all the undefeated D1 teams?  Because my Spartans are having the best year they've ever had.

@irwin posted:

pretty remarkable game last night between the Ravens and the Browns.

Game of the year maybe.  As a Browns fan, I can say I'm mad at the outcome but not depressed (as I've been the last 20 years).  Cleveland didn't blow it, the Ravens beat them.  I'm excited about this team, and I think Stefanski is the real deal as HC.  Losing to the Ratbirds sucks, but a lot to be happy about coming out of that game. 

I'd say it was game of the year that I've seen.  The Browns coaching staff has done an impressive job this year.  They put a game plan together that maximizes strengths and minimizes weaknesses.   The Browns still took a lot of penalties but they were not the drive extending or ending selfish ones I've seen in the past.  They've done a lot with Mayfield to force him out of bad habits and patterns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xYOB7kSCIk

At 9:25 run the play and you'll see what I guess we can call the Mayfield Defense.  This is what I saw the Rams run first against him.  All the pressure from his left.  No rush on the right, watch the middle and right line not rush and drop parallel to the line to contain him running.  The wide out on the left is single covered and all the other coverage overloads the right.  He rolls right, can't find anyone, because there are 5 guys in coverage on the right side and he rolls for a short gain.

In that game against the Rams I must have seen them run this 20 times.  Against the Ravens I saw it a few times, but Stefanski is mixing in called roll lefts and run middles against it that makes it less effective.  At this point it's a second and long and third and long option against the Browns, but not every play like it was.  You'd still like to see Mayfield be able to see that defense at the line and check to a quick ball to the wide out on the left, or even change the formation to overload the left with the other receivers.  I've not seen him recognize this defense and change the play yet. 

After watching all the Steelers v Bills game my conclusion is all three of these AFC North teams records are highly suspect.  All three are likely to make the playoffs and a good parlay would be all three lose their opening game.

At this point Allen is the best QB out of that draft.  Jackson is exciting as hell, and you'll win games with him, but neither he or Mayfield have shown the progress in all parts of their game that Allen has.  His strengths are getting stronger, his weaknesses are getting fixed and his bad habits are gone from what I saw.

It makes an interesting situation for both the Browns and the Ravens.  The rookie contracts will be up and both are going to want huge raises.  It's a really tough decision.  I think, to steal a quote, " They are who we thought they were".  Do you give max payout to a player who is at their peak performance with no obvious upside at this point?  I think it creates an 'all in' situation for both teams over the next two years. 

And my Saints stunk up the joint.  Took the first half off.  Lattimore is having a very rough stretch of games which makes me think he's more hurt than they've let on.  He's being targeted now and I saw teams in the past not throw to his side of the field all game.

The Eagles played well, and just having a QB out there not shooting the team in the foot 3-4 times a game made the difference.  The Eagles are in good shape for a long shot playoff run.  IT's going to take the league 4-6 games to get game plans down against Hurts and that makes a window for them. 

The highlight of the week though?  Gruden clearing a spot for Williams on his staff   Any takers on that bet?

Hebert is the real deal.

And that's it for this week I guess.

No secret anymore.  Have you ever seen such love from Terry Bradshaw? 

I think I said 'wow' on at least 4 different throws.  I swear on one throw he threw a slider with about a two foot down ward and left break to get it in an 18 inch window for the receiver. 

If you missed the game at very least watch the first Chargers drive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQRVin-cQxc

Re-watching it just now I said outload "fucking A".  Every throw is perfect.  Receiver puts their hands up at their chest, and there's the ball, not only on time and on target but leading the right way each time so the receiver is going to get maximum YAC.

All other things being equal, I'm going to watch every Chargers game I can.

Not to say I think the Chargers suddenly are a good team.  All their wins this year are against poor teams, and beating a Raiders team in overtime that is 0-4 over the last five weeks against all teams not coached by Adam Gase is not really an impressive win.

It was really impressive quarterback play, and I love watching great QB play.  Watching him get even better is going to be fun.

The thing is with that talent, you don't need a ton around him.  O-line above all else.  Receivers who don't drop balls.  Backs who pick up their assignments and don't drop balls.  Invest on the D-Line, because you want to play pressure defense and force teams into shootouts if you need to.  Basically build the Manning Colts, which were pretty average teams.

I'll work backwards.  Not a lot of channel surfing Sunday with the Niners the early game and the Saints the late.

If there was a theme for the weekend it might be 'TURD'.  Steelers and Rams laid turds, giant stinking ones.  Watching the Steelers a coupe weeks ago against the Ravens I thought they looked pretty poor.  I wouldn't have bet they would drop their next three, but there you go.

I didn't see the Rams-Jets game but I guess based on the Rams-Niners games I saw I'm not surprised at their ability to lose to anyone.

The Browns looked good.  It was against the Giants, but it was a really good game plan and the coaching improvement is really obvious on this team.  That last game of the season should be a good one.  I don't see this team beating the Bills or Chiefs, but they've shown they can handle the Titans and Colts.  If they can overcome the Steelers voodoo hold on them, they should get a home game and a good shot at a playoff win.

I wanted to be hard on the Saints but they did lose by just 3 to the best team in football with a busted up QB.  I just don't know about this team at this point in the season.  They're not playing their best football anywhere on the team at a time of the year when you want to be peaking at at least a couple places (think of last years Titans).  I wouldn't bet on them beating the Hawks or Pac right now.

Aaron Rodgers was too hard on himself and the team about the second half of the Saturday night game.  It's ok to take the second half off against a team at this point in the season with the game in hand.

Finally I missed the Saturday day game because I was watching the most amazing football story of the year take place.  My homeless, wandering picked to finish 10th in their conference Spartans man handled the big boogieman of the Mountain West who they were 0-15 against for an undefeated season and a conference championship.  7-0 all by double digits and Boise State was never really a threat.

If you haven't read the story of their season it's worth looking up.

Last edited by stefaniawine

I watched a ton of football over the weekend.

When I was 10 or 11 I read a book about the 5 greatest accomplishments in pro football history and one was Sayers scoring six touchdowns in a game.  I guess I was expecting people would have made a bigger deal about it.  It was like an after thought in the highlights shows.  Kamara could have had seven.  It was the only time I've every heard Sean Payton booed at the Superdome.  Still can't see beating the Pack with that defense right now.

The Fins Raiders game was pretty damn close to that Ravens-Browns game at the end.  The Fins have had one of the harder schedules in the league and keep winning.  They'll be a sexy pick next year to win big, and it's probably deserved.  The issue is what do you do at QB?   I started off this thread saying I'm a Tua skeptic.  Farve and Young if you would have written off after their first 20 games, you'd have been so wrong.  Still I haven't seen anything he does that's above average.  He looks like a completely in over his head rookie.  I thought about it this way, do you think the Fins could get a top 10 draft pick for him this year?  I don't think they could.

The Lions are losers.  The announcers talked about keeping Stafford and building around him since he's still just 32.  Stafford is a loser.  Leadership starts with the QB and that team hasn't given a fuck in his entire time there.  Maybe he's too nice, maybe its not his fault.  Whatever, that whole house needs cleaning.

And what the hell did the Lions ever do to Arians that he's going for it on 4th down up by 4 scores and throwing bombs?

Beathard looked so much better than Mullins.  Not just that he didn't give the ball away like crazy but he seemed to have control of the game instead of the game controlling him.

And that's how it ends for the Cardinals.  You have a 5'8" 170 pound QB who runs around all the time for 3 yard gains.  Sure he throws a pretty bomb every now and then, and sometimes he gets loose for 30 yard runs, but we all know it ends with him laying on the turf with his teammates on their knees waiting for the cart to come get him.  It's just a matter of when.

So Brownies, I know there's a lot of sensitivity, but the Saints played Friday with just one WR who started the season on the roster.  In fact all season they've only had their top 3 receivers active for two games.  That's not really an excuse then for that performance.

What Rams team is going to show up next week?

Pack firing on all cylinders.  Who is going to go up there in January and beat them on the road?

Go Bills!

As for Tua, I think it is impossible to know until they: loosen the reins; and call better plays.   

Chan Gailey blows first off.  I think Fiyz largely ignores his play calls and does what he wants which sometimes works out amd others is a complete disaster

Between the fact they habe clearly told Tua to take care of the ball, not take risks, dont call any down field plays and have lost what mediocre playmakers they have to injury, it is impossible to know at this point

I like him and remain optimistic

@jcocktosten posted:

Reports are than Chan Gailey may be out - god I hope so - I really think he is a bad play caller and don't know how he keeps getting jobs.

It's a league where Gregg Williams and Mike Nolan keep getting jobs.  Marc Trestman has coached for 25 years after Jerry Rice and the 49er fan base ran him out of San Francisco as an incompetent idiot.  Someone will hire Adam the Waste Gase.  It's not what you know, it's who you know and how many hours you're willing to put in doing silly tasks. 

You're too hard on the Fins.  They handed the Niners a bucket of whop ass and there's a strong foundation there.

The Ravens punter, Sam Koch, was unable to play last week because of the covid thing.  They go out and get a 25 year old punter on the Wednesday before the Sunday game -- some guy just cut by someone.  He punts twice, averaging 50 yards per punt, no returns.  I guess each time he ran on the field to punt, from snap to end of play was maybe 7 seconds or so.  I wonder what he got paid for the 14 seconds of playing.

I remember years ago, John Brodie was a highly paid QB for San Francisco, but they had promoted Steve Spurrier to 1st string QB.  Brodie still held the ball for field goals and extra points, and was still paid a very high salary for that.  After a game, a TV guy asked Brodie why he got paid so much for just holding the ball.  He said something like, “If I didn’t hold the ball, it would fall over” or words to that effect.

It's a league where Gregg Williams and Mike Nolan keep getting jobs.  Marc Trestman has coached for 25 years after Jerry Rice and the 49er fan base ran him out of San Francisco as an incompetent idiot.  Someone will hire Adam the Waste Gase.  It's not what you know, it's who you know and how many hours you're willing to put in doing silly tasks.

You're too hard on the Fins.  They handed the Niners a bucket of whop ass and there's a strong foundation there.

I know - I don't think I have been hard on them - I have been very happy with their improvement, think Flores is excellent and am optimistic -

Unlike many, I have tried to be realistic about them though - the season was a huge success - but watching them they are what they are - a slightly better than average team (first time they have been that in a while) that played very hard and was very disciplined for most of the season - Extremely limited offensive playmakers and generally poor offensive play calling in my opinion anyway.

Still remarkable season

$38125 is the one game minimum this year.

Story in the NOLA press a few weeks ago was Sanders asked all the WRs to bring their pay stub to the position meeting.  He was the only one who started the season on the active roster so everyone else in the meeting had been making the $8000 a week practice squad salary.  He told them this was their chance, if they liked the pay raise.  Play well and that $30k a week pay raise was there for the taking. 

At the end of his career Brodie stopped coming to practice on a regular.  I remember my Dad stealing the joke that he was the third highest payed golfer in the world behind Johnny Miller and Jack Nicklaus.  I found out later that was an older joke about Paul Brown.

Regular review delayed a day while my country tries to fight off a coup attempt.....

Anyway.

It's a hard call on the Fins for next year.  Their improvement in turnover differential was huge.  Normally that's a sign for regression next season, but the 2020 Fins really had nothing to do with the Fins of the first 8 games of 2019.  I expect they'll add talent, get coaching and discipline that keeps them positive in the T.O.M category.  Really it will come down to QB play on how much better they might get.  Still a skeptic.

If there's a sleeper team this year that mimics last years Titans, it's the Washington Team of Football (WTFs).  They're 5-1 with Alex Smith starting 2-8 with guys who aren't NFL QB's.  I don't think I'd bet it, but I won't be surprised to see them bounce the Bucs.

The Ravens come in hot, but of course their schedule has been a not.  Really that entire group is suspect. Colts, Ravens, Browns, Titans, Steelers.  The Browns are 4-3 against playoff teams, the Steelers 5-3.  Ravens and Titans 4-4, Colts 3-4  Anyone of these teams could beat any of the other and they mostly have all season, and none of them I can see beating the Chiefs or Bills.

The Bills come in the hottest team in the league.  The Chiefs kind of limp in on a string of single score games.  If you can limp in 14-2 that is.  They were 4-0 against playoff teams, and I guess that they just played 4 playoff teams is the most shocking.  The Saints only played 5.  Seahawks also 4 (2-2)

I'll probably just watch 3 of the games this weekend.  Wood to split and chores to do.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.