NFL 2014

quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Why?

Don't tell me you are tired of hearing the sportscasters incessantly conjecturing on where LeBron and Carmello are going to end up?

Bang

I agree, football can't get here soon enough.


I basically don't pay attention to sports between the end of the SuperBowl and, for the most part, the first Sunday of the regular season. Sometimes I watch an exhibition game or two, but mostly not.
Sometimes, it seems a lot longer.
I am always excited for football to come around, but I love baseball, too. I watch just about every Tigers game, so that fills my time plenty now. Those September (and hopefully October) months where there is baseball, MSU football and NFL football really bogs down my schedule...and makes Mrs. Wine Sparty not the happiest of campers.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I am always excited for football to come around, but I love baseball, too. I watch just about every Tigers game, so that fills my time plenty now. Those September (and hopefully October) months where there is baseball, MSU football and NFL football really bogs down my schedule...and makes Mrs. Wine Sparty not the happiest of campers.


I'm a radio Tigers fan. I can get a lot more done that way & keeps the wife happier than if I was parked in front of the tube for 3 hours. Of course if you are in Chicago, the broadcast signal is probably a bit weak, but there must be a way to stream it on line (?)
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I am always excited for football to come around, but I love baseball, too. I watch just about every Tigers game, so that fills my time plenty now. Those September (and hopefully October) months where there is baseball, MSU football and NFL football really bogs down my schedule...and makes Mrs. Wine Sparty not the happiest of campers.


I'm a radio Tigers fan. I can get a lot more done that way & keeps the wife happier than if I was parked in front of the tube for 3 hours. Of course if you are in Chicago, the broadcast signal is probably a bit weak, but there must be a way to stream it on line (?)

I can stream it online, but I need to see the game, otherwise I won't pay attention. I do understand how much of a time saver (and wife pleaser Wink) it is to listen as opposed to watch, though. Plus, I can't stand Jim Price...I get to listen to him do games when we drive back to MI (which will happen foor Thursday night's game), and that's about as much as I can take of him.

Also, I like to keep the Tigers on TV some while my oldest daughter is awake before bedtime to make sure she knows the team we support! She gets a lot of Cubs talk in her head from school, plus we drive by Wrigley at least once a week and she asks about the Cubs whenever we do that.
Wine Sparty,
I am with you on Jim Price. I try my best to tune him out, and I am getting pretty numb to his repetitive drivel. Dickerson is good though.

And I completely understand not wanting any of your progeny to fall into the abyss of being a Cubs fan, which would be a very real danger growing up in your neighborhood.
So....you can knock your then-girlfriend out (Ray Rice) and get a two game suspension, but if you do PEDs (four games) or smoke weed multiple times (Josh Gordon - one year ) you are really a menace to the game? Crazy

I think Roger Goodell needs to look at how the length of suspensions are determined.
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
So....you can knock your then-girlfriend out (Ray Rice) and get a two game suspension, but if you do PEDs (four games) or smoke weed multiple times (Josh Gordon - one year ) you are really a menace to the game? Crazy

I think Roger Goodell needs to look at how the length of suspensions are determined.


Terrell Pryor got suspended 5 games in the NFL for the tatoo scandal at Ohio State. LOL
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Dear Sam Bradford-

Congratulations on the rookie contract you received from the Rams; you have all the money you will need in order to pursue other ventures.

It is now time to retire from the NFL.


it's a shame

if he was able to stay healthy, i think he woulda been one heck of a quarterback
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Dear Sam Bradford-

Congratulations on the rookie contract you received from the Rams; you have all the money you will need in order to pursue other ventures.

It is now time to retire from the NFL.


it's a shame

if he was able to stay healthy, i think he woulda been one heck of a quarterback

the thing is, i really don't. he is a mark sanchez-level qb, even when healthy.
We need one more owner for our Cork Dorks fantasy football league. Can't let the league die after 7 years!

If you are interested please e-mail the commish, Double D, at doubledela at yahoo dot com. Standard FF rules, $75 bottle as buy in. Draft is Sep 2 (tonight) at 8:30 pm EST.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Dolphins will either stink or be mediocre again. I am going out on a limb with that prediction Ack


So back that up by not drafting any Dolphins once you join our Cork Dorks ff league!

(full disclosure: Tannehill is my backup QB in one league)
quote:
Originally posted by fcs:
Many experts are predicting 8-8 for MIA, outside looking in, in Jan.

I am cautiously optimistic, and hoping for 10-6 and playoff berth.

Who is with me?


Reverse that record and Im with you. Their OL is going to be just as bad as last year, if not worse. They still they don't have a RB. Their LB's are probably the worst in the league but at least they are paid a lot. They have gotten about as little as you can out of the last three drafts. (Thanks Jeff Ireland . . . dick) Oh yeah, their offense is still boring as hell. Goodbye Philbin and Hickey at the end of the season.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
It could be a long year in Chicago.


In another month you can ignore these tools and watch the local team that plays a better sport. Wink

I was given tickets to today's game, so we had the "pleasure" of seeing the loss in person. At least I have the ticket as a souveneir with Cutler's inspiring mug on it. Ack
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Since when is this not an ejection?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/nf...eturn-181619838.html

If that was a defender returning an Interception and did that to a QB (Tom Brady, Peyton, etc.) it would be national news.

Tough being a Browns fan.


since he was already in the air and that's the stance you take when you try and hurdle something.

the something happens to be a moving person trying to tackle said hurdling individual
So after seeing the video of Ray Rice coldcocking his girlfriend into the side of an elevator the Ravens tweeted an apology from the woman saying she regretted the role she played in the situation and a statement from the Rice himself saying that failure is not falling down it's refusing to get back up. That has to be the biggest scumbag organization in sports. Wow.

That or maybe it's just a Ray thing....
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
Well, the NFL is in full CYA, back pedal mode. What a joke. There is no way they didn't see the video. Mortensen says he got exact details of the video from NFL sources when the story first broke. Godell will be lucky to keep his job.

i agree... Goodell continuing to prove what a spineless piece of shit he truly is.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×