Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
Still trying to figure out how Steven Adams got from the arc in the lane near the basket to the 3 point line on one dribble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAY11A5Utow

Play starts at about 1:13

it's the continuation of a dribble movement and it's part of the new rules.

it's the one alot of old timers like to complain about that if havlicek where playing in today's game, he'd be a master dribbler.
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Tomorrow is national Hug A Raptor Fan day

Raptors fans got a bit of a reality check last night. I knew the Cavs were better, I just didn't realize how much better. That was impressive.

I thought the Cavs might be rusty and the Raps might be riding the high of Game 7, but it was clear that the Cavs were a well-rested and well-oiled machine while the Raps were spent. They couldn't keep up with the Cavs' energy. Their defensive effort was non-existent. As for their offence, they couldn't find their way into the paint, and their perimeter shooting was sub-par.

I think Game 2 will be better, but it's hard to say by how much.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
prediction: warriors win by 10+ tonight. any takers?

Id be shocked if the NBA allowed GS to go down 2-0

Yeah, the Warriors will be getting the calls tonight. But if KD improves his shooting percentage, OKC will have a chance in the final 2 minutes.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Why hug a Raptors fan? Already their best ever season no matter what happens. Goal was to get past first round. Getting to the Eastern Finals was a huge achievement. Anything else is gravy. Pressure's only on Cavs.

If you're happy to watch your team get blown out, because they won a series or two as the #2 seed, fine by me.

'Pressure's on the Cavs' Maybe next round
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, the Warriors will be getting the calls tonight. But if KD improves his shooting percentage, OKC will have a chance in the final 2 minutes.

I didn't account for KD's turnovers. That was just sloppy performance. I'm glad I didn't counter TPE's offer with 15 points!
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't account for KD's turnovers. That was just sloppy performance. I'm glad I didn't counter TPE's offer with 15 points!

well the ticky tack calls dont help either

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15600161

beautiful shot from ig, but that was no foul
OKC didn't lose Game 2 b/c the refs were helping GS. They got their butts kicked by the return of "video game Steph" along with solid performances by almost everyone else on the roster (Klay, Iggy and Livingston were the main guys who played below their usual level).

All the pressure is on OKC for Game 3. Should be a competitive game this Sunday.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:

well the ticky tack calls dont help either

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:15600161

beautiful shot from ig, but that was no foul

Watch that vid again from the overhead view. Westbrook makes contact with Iggy's leg as he flies by. NBA gives more protection to guys when they're in a "defenseless position" like Iggy was. He's not rendered off balance there b/c he's clumsy or he hit a swarm of mosquitoes in mid-flight. Westbrook didn't protest the call at all. Clear foul.
quote:
nope

try doing a double pump like ig did.

You will most likely look even uglier doing it, but it's the natural motion to kick your leg back out like that.

There was no leg hit.

Dude, just b/c your court game is clumsy doesn't mean everyone else in the NBA is at a similar level. Razz

As TPE points out, the video shows there was contact by Westbrook that was forceful enough to have knocked Iggy off balance. The human body is incapable of changing directions in mid-air, unless a secondary force is applied to it. Iggy, while not at his peak, isn't that far removed from his peak and is still a world-class athlete. He's not going from in control to so off balance he takes his eyes off the rim, throws the ball up and focuses all of his attention instead on cushioning his fall b/c of trying to execute a double pump layup.

shake
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Who cares about that call - it was one call and the W's won by 30.

There are close and missed calls in every game - unless the call is at the end of a tight game, the overall impact is minimal

that is completely incorrect.

it's the calls throughout the game that drives potentially the way the game is played.

unfortunately we as humans prefer to highlight only the last 2 minutes in deciding whether or not we were robbed.
quote:
Originally posted by fusionstorm:
quote:
nope

try doing a double pump like ig did.

You will most likely look even uglier doing it, but it's the natural motion to kick your leg back out like that.

There was no leg hit.

Dude, just b/c your court game is clumsy doesn't mean everyone else in the NBA is at a similar level. Razz

As TPE points out, the video shows there was contact by Westbrook that was forceful enough to have knocked Iggy off balance. The human body is incapable of changing directions in mid-air, unless a secondary force is applied to it. Iggy, while not at his peak, isn't that far removed from his peak and is still a world-class athlete. He's not going from in control to so off balance he takes his eyes off the rim, throws the ball up and focuses all of his attention instead on cushioning his fall b/c of trying to execute a double pump layup.

shake

it's okay, you can suspend belief of biomechanics.
quote:

it's the calls throughout the game that drives potentially the way the game is played.

G-Man really? You think NBA games are ever called fair and even? I have a unicorn for you and will split this great offer I have for $10 million free and clear from Nigeria with you if you do.

Basically the foul calls were flip flopped game 1 to 2. Personally I think the NBA goal in game one was just keep OKC close then the Warriors funked it up at the end. I don't think the refs meant to give it to OKC, the Warriors just folded.

Game two was a 'slight' advantage given to the Warriors and I know the count was 32 -19 but Curry gets fouled 5 times that are not called every game, so that's slight. Result is a blow out. In a fair called game, and there is no such thing in the NBA, the Warriors win every game by 20, and people stop watching after half time at game 3.

The NBA NEVER wants tv ratings to drop after game 3, they want them going up. Like I said a few pages back, I don't think they are fixing every series like they used to, but they keep every series close and 'competitive'.
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
quote:

G-Man really? You think NBA games are ever called fair and even? I have a unicorn for you and will split this great offer I have for $10 million free and clear from Nigeria with you if you do.

Basically the foul calls were flip flopped game 1 to 2. Personally I think the NBA goal in game one was just keep OKC close then the Warriors funked it up at the end. I don't think the refs meant to give it to OKC, the Warriors just folded.

Game two was a 'slight' advantage given to the Warriors and I know the count was 32 -19 but Curry gets fouled 5 times that are not called every game, so that's slight. Result is a blow out. In a fair called game, and there is no such thing in the NBA, the Warriors win every game by 20, and people stop watching after half time at game 3.

The NBA NEVER wants tv ratings to drop after game 3, they want them going up. Like I said a few pages back, I don't think they are fixing every series like they used to, but they keep every series close and 'competitive'.

We're saying the same thing

Some folks here think the refs only do it the last two minutes of the game
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stefania Wine:
quote:

We're saying the same thing

Some folks here think the refs only do it the last two minutes of the game

That was not my point remotely - my point was that your individual review of fouls is a ridiculous and useless exercise as similar BS calls happen in every quarter of every game - it is up the players to deal with that and the BS calls at the end of the game are the ones that cannot be overcome by players due to the lack of time and end-game of it. Picking specific plays not at the end of the game to analyze whether called correctly is a complete waste of time although it is your time so feel free to waste as much of it as you want
quote:
nope, still incorrect.

all calls matter in a game, the ones @ the last 2 minutes do not matter more, only closer scrutinized.

one can pick out random plays because it's what espn has.

if you dont think that refs can very much direct/control the outcome of the game, i have the same unicorn that stefania's selling.

Think whatever you want - - I give up - you are right - without the Refs, the W's would have only won by 22 instead of 30 last night - Big f'ing deal - continue wasting your time -

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.