brucehayes posted:

Rocketman.  I hated it, but others in my group liked it.

Why?  I saw it and a bit more "musical like" for my taste but overall not that bad.  Bohemian Rhapsody was better for sure...but this was good. The music is fantastic...and a little backstory on John and Taupin was great (for those that did not know).

napacat posted:
brucehayes posted:

Rocketman.  I hated it, but others in my group liked it.

Why?  I saw it and a bit more "musical like" for my taste but overall not that bad.  Bohemian Rhapsody was better for sure...but this was good. The music is fantastic...and a little backstory on John and Taupin was great (for those that did not know).

I don't like it when actors sing their lines.  I didn't care for the large dance numbers and I found some the acting to be of the over-the-top daytime soap opera variety.  I did enjoy Bohemian Rhapsody much more than this.

Rolling Thunder Revue

Some extraneous stuff that wasn't necessary but there are some terrific performances. Dylan playing Simple Twist of Fate by himself. Several songs from Desire (with Scarlet Rivera on violin) and Knockin' On Heaven's Door with McGuinn.

steve8 posted:

Rolling Thunder Revue

Some extraneous stuff that wasn't necessary but there are some terrific performances. Dylan playing Simple Twist of Fate by himself. Several songs from Desire (with Scarlet Rivera on violin) and Knockin' On Heaven's Door with McGuinn.

Wow, that's going back a year or two!

steve8 posted:

Rolling Thunder Revue

I caught this last night by accident.  Agree with the unnecessary stuff, but most of the music was just fantastic.  I'll watch this one again.

PH

doubled posted:

Yesterday.  Fun movie.  

We really enjoyed it .  Some holes in the plot and a typical rom-com but an interesting premise and more laughs than expected.  And if you like the Beatles, or ever doubted their genius as song-writers, you will want to see it.

Add Reply

Likes (0)