Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
The Two Towers was on TV last night. If I had 14 hours of uninterrupted time, I'd pop in the Directors Cut of the entire Lord of the Rings series and watch it all.


The Director's Cut of The Two Towers is much better, imo, than the theatrical release. However, I prefer the theatrical release of Fellowship over the director's cut of it by a lot. I prefer the theatrical release of Return of the King over the director'scut by a little.
while it has it's "pans labyrinth" moments(visually *only*), it is nowhere within that league. in fact, a complete disgusting disaster. and i liked the first hellboy...

quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Actually, it is a Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) movie. Haven't seen it yet but curious. Pan's Labyrinth is my favorite movie of the past few years...
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
while it has it's "pans labyrinth" moments(visually *only*), it is nowhere within that league. in fact, a complete disgusting disaster. and i liked the first hellboy...

quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Actually, it is a Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) movie. Haven't seen it yet but curious. Pan's Labyrinth is my favorite movie of the past few years...

Tbird-

I thought that it was entertaining and, although I admit that it had some glaring weaknesses, it had some very enjoyable scenes. From a purely visual perspective, it was fantastic. And there were several very humorous moments as well.

I really enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, mostly because the subject matter was so dark, compelling, and imaginative. Hellboy II could not go as deeply or darkly into the subject matter; too many commercial interests would have been placed at risk.
maybe my expectations were too high, but i was embarrassed for it. but i will easily agree with the 2nd half of your post. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Tbird-
I thought that it was entertaining and, although I admit that it had some glaring weaknesses, it had some very enjoyable scenes. From a purely visual perspective, it was fantastic. And there were several very humorous moments as well.

I really enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth, mostly because the subject matter was so dark, compelling, and imaginative. Hellboy II could not go as deeply or darkly into the subject matter; too many commercial interests would have been placed at risk.
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
The Two Towers was on TV last night. If I had 14 hours of uninterrupted time, I'd pop in the Directors Cut of the entire Lord of the Rings series and watch it all.


The Director's Cut of The Two Towers is much better, imo, than the theatrical release. However, I prefer the theatrical release of Fellowship over the director's cut of it by a lot. I prefer the theatrical release of Return of the King over the director'scut by a little.


Interesting. Why do you prefer the theatrical cut of Fellowship over the Director's Cut? I thought the Director's Cut fills out a few sections that got shortchanged in the theatrical version.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×