Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The Lady Vanishes

Winner An under-appreciated movie, imo.

Spring Breakers
Interesting. Not particularly sexy, despite Vanessa and Ashley looking amazing and running around in bikinis. (And the other two, as well.) Hardly a plot to speak of. But an interesting deconstruction of "spring break" culture. The distance between James Franco's excellent controlled over-the-top performance and the others' capabilities is in full view, but it doesn't detract as the girls are supposed to be novi. I'm not certain if it is good or not. But it is somewhat interesting, if long (at 90 minutes) for what it is. B-
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The Lady Vanishes

Winner An under-appreciated movie, imo.

Not in the world of dedicated Hitchcock admirers and knowledgeable film enthusiasts.


You do realize you just eliminated 90% of all moviegoers, right? Wink

Old Man, the great winetarelli is a serious movie buff as well.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The Lady Vanishes

Winner An under-appreciated movie, imo.

Not in the world of dedicated Hitchcock admirers and knowledgeable film enthusiasts.


You do realize you just eliminated 90% of all moviegoers, right? Wink

Old Man, the great winetarelli is a serious movie buff as well.

Oops, then it's not under appreciated in our circle. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The Lady Vanishes

Winner An under-appreciated movie, imo.

Not in the world of dedicated Hitchcock admirers and knowledgeable film enthusiasts.


You do realize you just eliminated 90% of all moviegoers, right? Wink

Old Man, the great winetarelli is a serious movie buff as well.

Oops, then it's not under appreciated in our circle. Wink


We need to get winetarelli down to San Diego in September when I'm in town.
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
the Quartet. A British movie with the great Maggie Smith. About a retirement home for retired classical musicians. Stars many older retired musicians. Nice.

Not an entirely British movie; it marks Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut. Smile


quite true. I was speaking in terms of genre.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×