Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
The Hateful Eight- Loved it. There were scenes I actually laughed at. I guess I'm just happier than usual lately. Samuel L Jackson was terrific as he so frequently is, and Kurt Russell's gruff bounty hunter was a big plus. The only QT movie I didn't like was Django Unchained.

Interesting. I'll add it to the queue.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Caught The Edge on cable. Great movie and some fine acting by Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and Bart the Bear.

Isn't that bear terrific? I love the movie, as I've frequently flown into wilderness for river and lake fishing in Alaska and Nunavut.

Supposedly the bear is an absolute sweetheart, and it really did take some acting to make it seem so ferocious.

The scenery is pretty awesome too.

Only thing that bothered me about the movie was that I didn't like the fact that the old guy who owned the camp fell prey to Charles' wealth and tried to hit him up for an investment. I thought they should have kept him as an "I don't care if you are rich, I am happy where I am" kind of guy.

I like the ending. So many ways to read into it.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Caught The Edge on cable. Great movie and some fine acting by Anthony Hopkins, Alec Baldwin and Bart the Bear.

Isn't that bear terrific? I love the movie, as I've frequently flown into wilderness for river and lake fishing in Alaska and Nunavut.

Supposedly the bear is an absolute sweetheart, and it really did take some acting to make it seem so ferocious.

The scenery is pretty awesome too.

Only thing that bothered me about the movie was that I didn't like the fact that the old guy who owned the camp fell prey to Charles' wealth and tried to hit him up for an investment. I thought they should have kept him as an "I don't care if you are rich, I am happy where I am" kind of guy.

I like the ending. So many ways to read into it.

Filmed in Alberta, I think?

Haven't seen it in several years, but I remember that I really liked it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.