quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
20 Feet from Stardom.

Loved every minute of it. Fascinating.

Thanks for the recommendation Seaquam. After a very long day, popped a nice bottle of pinot, put on the 5.1 headphones and chilled in front of the screen.
The Man Who Would Be King

I seem to remember liking this when I saw it upon release as a kid. Now, pure cheese.
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
quote:
20 Feet from Stardom.

Thanks for the recommendation Seaquam. After a very long day, popped a nice bottle of pinot, put on the 5.1 headphones and chilled in front of the screen.

Glad you liked it, Rick. In a similar vein, if you haven't seen it already Standing in the Shadows of Motown is worth watching (and listening to).
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
20 Feet from Stardom.

Watched this earlier today and really enjoyed it.
I've not been to Ottawa in a few years. We used to go annually when man was about and DoktaP would pull into town.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
when man was about

????

Yep. Typo on the iPad

Ummm, to which man are you referring? Moi?
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
when man was about

????

Yep. Typo on the iPad

indeed. when you were based in Ottawa full time (prior to your career change...), and DoktaP would swing into town once a year, or every other year, we (the Montreal group) would take the road trip into town for the weekend.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
when man was about

????

Yep. Typo on the iPad

indeed. when you were based in Ottawa full time (prior to your career change...), and DoktaP would swing into town once a year, or every other year, we (the Montreal group) would take the road trip into town for the weekend.

As it happens, there is a good chance that I will be relocating back to Ottawa in the next few months. And the good Dok is apparently planning a road trip in the near future!
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Badlands

Martin Sheen's best work, imo.

I recently sat next to him on a flight. He is tiny and did not seem too well. I think age has caught up to him.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
As it will to all of us. Frown

Bernstein in Citizen Kane:
quote:
Old age. It's the only disease...that you don't look forward to being cured of.
quote:
....Pairing Chateau Latour with sushi, and not decanting ... unforgivable.

How very Southern Californian of you. I hope it was a recent vintage and none of that old stuff.
I couldn't read the vintage -- it was just out of frame. But seriously, with the money spent producing that movie, couldn't the production designer or prop master or whoever do five minutes of research and find a suitable wine for the zillionaire with the beard to drink with his sushi? Maybe an old Krug?
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
I couldn't read the vintage -- it was just out of frame. But seriously, with the money spent producing that movie, couldn't the production designer or prop master or whoever do five minutes of research and find a suitable wine for the zillionaire with the beard to drink with his sushi? Maybe an old Krug?

Java, I was invited to a private dinner a few years ago while in NYC for the U.S. Open. Eric Ripert was the chef for an amazing multi- course dinner. All of the courses were seafood. Eric drank red Bordeaux with each course.

Perhaps he was the wine consultant for the movie.
I was up late with a sick little one the other night and caught about 20 mins of Transformers: Age of Extinction. Absolutely terrible but Nicola Peltz is a stunner.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Java, I was invited to a private dinner a few years ago while in NYC for the U.S. Open. Eric Ripert was the chef for an amazing multi- course dinner. All of the courses were seafood. Eric drank red Bordeaux with each course.

Very interesting. W+A, in your opinion how well did the red wines pair with the seafood? Did the wines and the seafood both perform at their best, or was it done more to show that it can be done?
quote:
Originally posted by Javachip:
quote:

Very interesting. W+A, in your opinion how well did the red wines pair with the seafood? Did the wines and the seafood both perform at their best, or was it done more to show that it can be done?

Java, we did not drink Bordeaux with our meal. Eric would join us at each course to taste and comment / answer questions in a very relaxed atmosphere and always was pouring red Bordeaux as he dined. When asked about his wine choice, he simply said he preferred red Bordeaux. We obviously offered our wines, but he just keep sipping from a couple of different reds. Big Grin
Alvin & the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
-For about the 5th time a few nights ago and likely a 6th and 7th time over the weekend

With little girls at home, I have fallen off the wagon in my quest to catch up on my viewing of the greats
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
-For about the 5th time a few nights ago and likely a 6th and 7th time over the weekend

With little girls at home, I have fallen off the wagon in my quest to catch up on my viewing of the greats

Absolutely cherish every day of this time in your life, K. It will evaporate faster than you ever knew was possible.

I just had a friend completely drop out of one of my wine groups. He has two daughters under six. I told him I have never admired him more, and we looked forward to his return is about 8-10 years. At that time in his life, his girls will have much less time for him in his life!
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:

Absolutely cherish every day of this time in your life, K. It will evaporate faster than you ever knew was possible.

I just had a friend completely drop out of one of my wine groups. He has two daughters under six. I told him I have never admired him more, and we looked forward to his return is about 8-10 years. At that time in his life, his girls will have much less time for him in his life!

When my daughter was in her infancy, it was Dumbo. We were living in India without anything watchable on TV so we relied on videos for televised entertainment. Our daughter watched Dumbo over and over and over again even though we had lots of other kids videos. I've often thought that something like that should be suggested to the CIA as an "enhanced interrogation technique"........

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.