Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by tanglenet:
Warm Bodies - sort of a romantic comedy with a touch of horror and drama in the vein of Twilight but with a zombie. A fun film.

I liked this, too. But it was hard not for me to review the movie that wasn't. The premise was, as far as I know, completely unique -- even though it is sort of shocking that it was a unique premise. And, to be the first of its kind and good -- but not great -- to me was a bit sad because if someone makes a great take on this, it won't be original anymore. But, as I said, I agree it was fun and I liked it.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Portnoy's Complaint

Eek Just looked it up, I've never given the movie a thought since watching this mess all those years ago, was I, and I assume you, shocked to see who directed it.

Goodbye, Columbus

Saw it in the theatre and still have fond memories. I even can remember the chorus to the silly theme song: "Hello life, goodbye Columbus."

Elegy

The Roth fest continued. And hey, it didn't hurt that it had Penelope Cruz. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Portnoy's Complaint

Eek Just looked it up, I've never given the movie a thought since watching this mess all those years ago, was I, and I assume you, shocked to see who directed it.

I will watch his fine screenplay today... always a comfort movie for me. You know what he produced, right?

Goodbye, Columbus

Saw it in the theatre and still have fond memories. I even can remember the chorus to the silly theme song: "Hello life, goodbye Columbus."

Elegy

The Roth fest continued. And hey, it didn't hurt that it had stunning Penelope Cruz. Wink
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Old Man:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
Portnoy's Complaint

I will watch his fine screenplay today... always a comfort movie for me. You know what he produced, right?

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you're referring to...I can only find P's Complaint, Hello Dolly and an uncredited Whose Afraid of Virginia Wolf?
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Blue Jasmine

Enjoyed very much.

We saw this yesterday too. Didn't Woody Allen used to make comedies?

Very good movie though. Two words: Cate Blanchett

There were definitely humorous moments, but I agree they were few and far between. Ms. Blanchett was indeed brilliant.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.