Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
Is anyone else laughing at the previews for the Abe Lincoln versus the undead movie?

I'm waiting for Board-O to see it so he can give us a review regarding whether it's historically accurate or at least how he remembers it. Cool

Probably the last thing Board-O needs are flashbacks of being chased by Lincoln.
Hangover

Was fully prepared to not like this, but I enjoyed it. Not as good as all the fuss would lead one to believer, but good.

On the Shoulders of Giants
Documentary on the Harlem Rens, and all black team in the 1930s that won the "world championship." Suffered greatly from lack of archival footage available (kept showing the same thing over and over, and kind of "animated" some still photos). Also spent way too much time in general on segration (nothing new added). Opening that had Bill Russell, Jerry West, Jerry Reinsdork, Kareem and Marcus Haines discussing who best team in history is was interesting as was information on the relationship between the Rens and Joe Lapchick and the original Celtics.
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Just saw the first Sherlock Holmes (of the recent incarnation). Really enjoyed it.

The new BBC series, Sherlock, is astoundingly better than the Robert Downey reboot.

I believe that, but it's still pretty lame. Some great bits mixed in with what overall seems pretty poorly written. The two actors are first rate though.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.