Skip to main content

Moneyball

I'm assuming this movie did well at the box office given its critical acclaim, and that surprises me. If I wasn't a big baseball fan, I think I would have found this very slow and tedious (still found it a bit slow even as a baseball fan). Overall I liked it but didn't love it.

Young Adult
I don't think this quirky, dark comedy did very well at the box office (which I guess I can understand), but I really liked.
quote:
Originally posted by AZwineRyan:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
I turned off Hanna about halfway through.

I can certainly see that, and let me slightly rephrase...it was far better than I had originally expected from the previews, and was watchable on a quiet Saturday night with nothing else on the DVR or worth watching on TV.

It seems to be a polarizing movie. I quite liked it but seem to be in the minority. It seemed very European to me, maybe with a bit of David Lynch and a small smidgeon of Kubrick.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
The Hunger Games. All I have to say is that my wife owes me for that one.

My first movie in the theater in over a year was The Hunger Games this week..

I listened to the audio book while driving to/from Dallas a few weeks prior. Perhaps I was distracted comparing the movie to the book or perhaps it was the theater ambiance but I didn't find it too awful.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.