Montreal - December

Gents, we've been mulling over having an off-line prior to the Holidays (which is now dangerously close).

There is a highly rated and yet untried (by us) BYO in town

RAZA

Any interest in us putting something together? Maybe even over the Holiday period?

Just throwin' it out there Cool
Original Post
I'm pretty open to weekend dates (or even weekdays between Xmas and the first week of the New Year).

Others want to chime in (positive or negative) to the overall timeline and preferred dates?

If we do indeed do this, we'll likely need to reserve 2-3 weeks prior with the restaurant methinks.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
We could likely do these dates.
Do these dates work for others as well?

Just how 'outside' are we talking here, bman? Razz

Pretty outside. By which I mean, I have not yet spoken to mrs bman, who made me promise that when I came home for Christmas we would stay put and not head off anywhere! Devilish But if you plan it, we may come!
Shall we call it for RAZA on the 28th then?
Any nays?

Who's in?

bman (2?)
Impulse (2)
mimik (2?)
steve8 (2)
lovelandre (1?)
vinaigre (2?)
Uncle John (2)
KSC02 (2)

Back in the day (when we used to count points Razz ) this would traditionally be our "95+ Supper" Wink
mrs. bman says she cannot think of anything she would like better than to spend an evening with a bunch of winegeeks slurping expensive juice and boring her to tears talking about it - and their much better halves. A little bit more the latter than the former, I expect.

So we're in! But we can only do it on the 28th.

Will there be a theme?
Alright I phoned RAZA, and they just phoned back, with the following response:

They were planning on being closed Dec 28th, but are willing to open with the following criteria:

Minimum 15 people
8 Course degustation Menu (including foie gras): $90/person
(meaning not a multi-choice menu but pre-set)

So that means we'll need commitments. If this doesn't work, no stress. BUT, if we are to do this, we'll need to confirm this pretty quickly (by Monday I think)

What say ye? IN or OUT Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Shuttle, schmuttle.... Roll Eyes

Send one of these down, and I'm a DONE deal.... I know you have the juice to get this done!!

Winner

PH

...let's talk flight attendants and I may be in as well. Cool

I believe I have pretty good taste in flight attendants, as you might recall..... Cool

Our Crew....

KSC, we'll await our gate number and departure time. TIA.... Woot

PH
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Shuttle, schmuttle.... Roll Eyes

Send one of these down, and I'm a DONE deal.... I know you have the juice to get this done!!

Winner

PH

...let's talk flight attendants and I may be in as well. Cool

I believe I have pretty good taste in flight attendants, as you might recall..... Cool

Our Crew....

KSC, we'll await our gate number and departure time. TIA.... Woot

PH

Clearing my throat... I do recall. Wink

I'm a brunette man, you know.
In reality it's not looking good for 15 of us to pull together for the same date, so we may need to select another venue.

Suggestions?

PH- Wish I did have 'the juice' to send down the shuttle but, if I was under the illusion I did, I would be clearly delusional Razz
Alright, you boy's are getting difficult. Let's see who can join on each day. If I'm getting this correct, it's:

Friday the 28th
bman (2)
Impulse (2)
Uncle John (2)
KSC02 (2)
vinaigre (2) maybe kinda sorta

Saturday the 29th
Impulse (2)
Uncle John (2)
steve8 (2)
lovelandre (1)
KSC02 (2)

bman- the trend is leaning to the 28th. You may need to pursuade Mrs B for Saturday
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
Alright, you boy's are getting difficult. Let's see who can join on each day. If I'm getting this correct, it's:

Friday the 28th
bman (2)
Impulse (2)
Uncle John (2)
KSC02 (2)

Saturday the 29th
Impulse (2)
Uncle John (2)
steve8 (2)
lovelandre (1)
KSC02 (2)

bman- the trend is leaning to the 28th. You may need to pursuade Mrs B for Saturday

We are good for either night. Yes, mrs. bman is THAT excited about seeing you all!! Woot
Between posts and phoning, we have the following:

Saturday the 29th
Impulse (2)
Uncle John (2)
steve8 (2)
lovelandre (1)
KSC02 (2)
mimik (1)
bman (2)
vinaigre (2) TBC

Phoned the restaurant and left a message inquiring of the 29th with 12 people.
Will report back when they phone me.

Add Reply

Likes (0)