Skip to main content

Okay, the Hot Stove League has pretty much cooled down. Everybody is annointing the Red Sox and the Phillies as the teams that will meet in the 2011 World Series (forgetting how the 2010 Giants dominated the Phils in the NLCS Wink). We need a new place for Board-O and Icewino to continue their love affair, so here it is.

I will leave you with this:

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Okay, the Hot Stove League has pretty much cooled down. Everybody is annointing the Red Sox and the Phillies as the teams that will meet in the 2011 World Series (forgetting how the 2010 Giants dominated the Phils in the NLCS Wink). We need a new place for Board-O and Icewino to continue their love affair, so here it is.

I will leave you with this:

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!

GO GIANTS!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
You have him on ignore? Big Grin C'mon, he provides some great entertainment here!

I'm not giving up on the Yankees. Not signing Lee leaves a whole Icewhinerload of money for free agents. They have the best minor league prospects so trades are possible. I don't think they'll go after Greinke. He's got some Icewhiner-like mental problems.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
You have him on ignore? Big Grin C'mon, he provides some great entertainment here!

I'm not giving up on the Yankees. Not signing Lee leaves a whole Icewhinerload of money for free agents. They have the best minor league prospects so trades are possible. I don't think they'll go after Greinke. He's got some Icewhiner-like mental problems.

Looks like Greinke heading to the Brewers.
Nothing much to get excited about here for me. Pads did upgrade the middle with the addition of Hudson, Maybin and Barrett. Petco should benefit Harang. If he can regain his form, he could be a solid 2 or 3. There is still a gaping hole to fill at 1B, we need another starter (I can't endure another year of LeBlanc's ups and downs) and back-up catcher (I think that Hundley is ready to fill the starter's role). Hopefully Hoyer can get a decent bat at 1B for cheap. There is not as much depth in the pen or on the bench so far. That could really hurt in the long run. 162 games typically takes its toll on a line-up. Again, my expectations are low going into the season. They did surprise me last year. Can lightning strike twice?
quote:

Icewhinerload of money and nobdy to spend it on. Fans like you are what keeps the free agents from signing there these days.

Unlike the gutless cowardly BO I'll go out on a limb and say you can add me to the legions who are putting the Sox and Phillies in the World Series. Uless they have major injuries the rest of the season is for who gets second place and the joy of watching the aged Yankmees implode! Razz
I'm pretty happy with the Tigers moves of signing V-Mart (not very good defensively, but a good bat in the lineup), Benoit (perhaps the best setup man in the AL last year) and re-signing Magglio. Not really pleased with bringing back Inge, but am OK with Peralta (although I don't know how well he'll do at SS). I think they've got a team that will contend for the division title.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I'm pretty happy with the Tigers moves of signing V-Mart (not very good horrible defensively, but a good great bat in the lineup), Benoit (perhaps the best setup man in the AL last year) and re-signing Magglio. Not really pleased with bringing back Inge, but am OK with Peralta (although I don't know how well he'll do at SS). I think they've got a team that will contend for the division title.

Just thought I'd throw in my .02 after watching him for a couple of years here in Boston.
Wow,

Baseball already???

I can't even THINK about baseball until football is over. Even then, I like to finish out the college basketball season, and at least OHL minor league hockey, if not NHL, too.
Then I think about baseball until the Tigers are mathematically eliminated, which is usually about the beginning of NFL pre-season.
quote:
Originally posted by Icewino:
quote:
You overpriced it at .02

I heard that's what your wife told you.

Of all the shit talk you two do, this has got to be the worst insult/comeback/pillow talks that I have read.

Either pick up your game and make the read worth our while or hug, slap each other on the ass and whisper "good game" in one anothers ear and call it done.
I'll see what I can do to step up my game but teaching that old dog new tricks is going to be tough work. He's only got a few tricks. Anyone he disagrees with he tells them they're stupid and have mental problems. The rest of his limited repetoire is to call them a loudmouth or braggart or to take a cheap shot when they're not even in the conversation and use thier name in place of 4 letter words. Amazingly he used up his entire limited arsenal in his first two posts of the thread so I don't know where he'll go from there.

I didn't start the mudslinging but I'm happy to return fire with low blows and cheap shots since that's apparently what he enjoys, but I'll try and make it worthwhile from here on out.
quote:
What do you expect from scum like IceBraggingPsycho, decency? It shows its true colors in all its posts. It's called desperation. I pity it.

Lets see, in two posts without provocation you called me a loudmouth, a braggart, used my name in place of s**t, said I can't add anything to any subject and said I have mental problems.

Even if that were all true if that's your definition of "decency" that explains why you're the biggest a-hole around. It explains why you're the biggest hypocrite here also.
Bautista signs 6-year $78M contract with the Jays (last year is a club option) while Pujols holds out for $10-year $300 deal. Which player will have a better year in 2011? The obvious answer is Pujols, but take a look at their stats from last year – they’re closer than you think!...

Pujols – .312 BA, 42 HR, 118 RBI, 103 BB, 1.011 OPS and 350 total bases
Bautista – .260 BA, 54 HR, 124 RBI, 100 BB, 0.995 OPS and 351 total bases
I know it's only the second week of March but Mr. Burman has asked me to follow Lebrons lead and bring my tallents elsewhere so to make him happy and to get BO's blood boiling here's the 2011 Icewino Decision Show. Confetti, lights and music please!!

American League
East: Red Sox
Central: Twins
West: Rangers
Wild Card: Yankees

National League
East: Phillies
Central: Cardinals
West: Giants
Wild Card: Brewers

ALCS Red Sox over Rangers
NLCS Phillies over Giants

WS...my head says Phillies but my heart says Sox.
nice

i have my tix for 4/2 in hand! Smile

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
let's see what Colon has today. bring it on!
Haven't seen Colon. I'm watching a game now and I like the Yanks' top prospects. I know it's only the second week of spring training, but Dellin Betances look really good. I hope the Yanks don't trade him.
Agreed, but what are Girardi and Cashman thinking about #5? The appear to be leaning toward Garcia! Are they nuts? Garcia has a 6 ERA this spring, a 10 last year, and a 16 in 2009. Colon's been great- a 2.4 ERA this spring. There are concerns that he might not hold up all season. I say ride him while you can. Start the season either without Garcia or with him in the pen. We don't need another poor pitcher in the rotation; we have AJ.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.