I was in Michigan around that time in '01. I'll make sure to be there....then. Big Grin Wink Smile

RRV

So, brocolli, Mother says you're very good for me. Well, I'm afraid I'm no good for you!
I've made it and it was alot of fun. The 22nd should do for me. I will check with the wifey.

Email: RichandLinda@wowway.com

Never allow a typo to get threw....These vultures will ketch you fur sure. Big Grin

Cheers to GrapeFriends!
Last edited {1}
May 22 is good. Put me down for 2.

Let me know the start time and I'll arrange it with Steve. Dinner is order off the menu. He has a wide selection and everything is good.
great!
if you could 6:30 7 would be great.
maybe 10 to 16 !?
thanks for all that you are doing!
bez780@hotgmail.com
bruce Cool
Sorry gang but I just haven't gotten to Steve's. I plan on stopping by sometime this weekend so will see him then. I will tell him to reserve 15 places for us and we can go up or down from there.
Ok with all??

Sounds like things are shaping up. If there is a vote, I vote for 7 o'clock for a kick off.

Say, while we are killing time to the big event, how's about all of us Michiganders sharing shopping info. "Favorite places to wine shop", "best wine prices", "won't go there if they paid me" etc...Also which on line internet sellsers are willing to ship to Michigan.

I'll go first.

Usually shop at world market (ann arbor & novi), village corner (ann arbor), taorellos (brighton), merchant's fine wines (dearborn), bella vino (plymouth), any of the hiller's stores, costco (northville and the one near pontiac) and numerous other small shops.

I find the best pricing at world market, bella vino, costco and merchant's fine wines.

The wine barrel in livonia, wouldn't go there on a bet. I was looking around for a 1954 "something" like a port, maderia or bdx. They had a 1954 port...get this...price...are you ready...$500.00. I passed.

I have not bought much from on-line stores, however have found that both Neal and Pride will ship to Michigan through Stagecoach.

ks
haaaaaa! you found stagecoach. just to let you know they will pick up at most winery's. talk to larry or sue and if your in the buss.tell the winery and should get discount.will pay for shipping.about tarellos s-=^@ big time ,
and donna i won't go their.the reopen hole foods on plymouth
quote:
Originally posted by bez780:
haaaaaa! you found stagecoach. just to let you know they will pick up at most winery's. talk to larry or sue and if your in the buss.tell the winery and should get discount.will pay for shipping.about tarellos s-=^@ big time ,
and donna i won't go their.the reopen hole foods on plymouth

Thanks about Stagecoach picking up from most wineries and also never thought to inquire about trade disc.

Taorellos, hear ya. I used to think their prices to be high, however recently their markups seem to be a tiny bit more reasonable. Maybe because there is a Costco being built about 2 miles away?? Re: Donna, again I hear ya. I almost never used to buy wine there mostly due to the fact that I thought Donna to be rude and snobbish. I don't know when this change came about (maybe others complained) but she is actually friendly nowdays and that makes me more inclined to purchase wine there. I did go to one of their tastings a couple of months ago and she has been more friendly since then and actually calls me by name when I shop the store.

ks
well don't tell her that you are going to meet me the prices will go up. we do not even shop their any more i spend over 10000 ayear.there prices are still to high. an they would not give me a dis count the hell with them .send me an email an will try to get you set up with some people in napa. they just had a tasting at oak point cc. which my wife an i are members. but i think the tasting we did night went well 8 whole salers at least 40 wines . an can buy right from the club at better prices then stores they have lis. to sale out right. plus we have a wine locker there.
bez780@hotmail.com
as you can see i do not like talking about tarellos sore note.
Smile
You guys made me feel guilty so I went to Steve and Rocky's last night. (Steve and I sampled too many wines.)

We are all set for May 22, 2004. They will be ready for us at 6:30 PM but arrival to 7:00 PM is just fine. We will be together as a group but it will not be in a seperate room...in a corner of the main dining room so we can interact with each other. I promised Steve everyone will eat...order off the menu. Saturday nights are very busy at Steve and Rocky's so he is making a very large concession for us. Worse, he has a party of 500 to cook for off-site so he can not attend. He would prefer we meet a different night but I committed us to another wine off-line when he is there.

As we get a little closer to the time, I'll post directions. Anyone want additional info, contact me at:

Slapshot17@msn.com

Now to figure out what to bring.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.