Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Last night was fun - I'm working on the writeup and will wait for pics from PH and Jfoobar to add to it.

As for March: Spain/Portugal sounds fun.
Venue: Any Tapas places around here offer corkage?
Dates: We're out of town March 14-16. Other than that, count us in!

Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting sibster and any other newcomers!
quote:
Originally posted by sarbuze:
As for March: Spain/Portugal sounds fun.
Venue: Any Tapas places around here offer corkage?

There is a good restaurant in Baltimore that has offered to let us do a wine dinner. We'd have to bring the wine to the back door several days prior to the event and allow them to serve it as though it was from their cellar. I'm sure corkage would be charged. Shoot me an e-mail at purplehaze1956 at yahoo dot com and I'll tell you more! I had some tapas there last time and the food was very good.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
It's almost March! Have we recovered sufficiently from the February offline to start working on next month?? Razz

Some ideas......

Spain.

Washington/Oregon.

Whites of the World.

Thoughts?

PH

You are quick!

My preferred dates:
14, 15, 21, 28, 29. 21st would be best. My wife and kids will be on a cruise and if this place is in B-more, I can make it a bachelor evening and stay downtown!

Spain and Portugal sound good to me!
quote:
Originally posted by klymkev:
You are quick!

My preferred dates:
14, 15, 21, 28, 29. 21st would be best.
Spain and Portugal sound good to me!

Sarbuze pummelled me senseless last month for waiting too long to start the February thread, so I didn't want to go through that again!

Looks like the 29th is a good day for all who have responded. Want to try to do it then? It would also give us some time to work on venue.

I'm going to e-mail my contact at this undisclosed restaurant to see if we can still do something there in the meantime.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by jfoobar:
I would be unable to attend on 3/29. I will be in Joisey.

Ironic that markjahnke might actually leave Joisey to attend!

Sound off MD winos. If you're interested in the potential location of the March event, shoot me an e-mail. They have a kick a$$ private room that would be perfect for an offline.

PH
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jfoobar:
I would be unable to attend on 3/29. I will be in Joisey.

Ironic that markjahnke might actually leave Joisey to attend!

Sound off MD winos. If you're interested in the potential location of the March event, shoot me an e-mail. They have a kick a$$ private room that would be perfect for an offline.

PH

PH,

You get my e-mail?
UPDATE: relevant post: http://foodandwineblog.com/?p=343 relevant discussion: http://foodandwineblog.com/forums/index.php?topic=32.0

"Looks like the MD Senate Economic, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee is going to hear the direct wine shipping issue on Friday, 3/7 at 1pm. All those Marylanders who are suffering through the same shipping woes should plan on attending and testifying." - comment by "oscar"

EDUCATION, HEALTH, AND ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
Senator Joan Carter Conway, Chair
Senator Roy P. Dyson, Vice Chair

2 West Miller Senate Building, 11 Bladen Street, Annapolis, MD 21401-1991
(410-841-3661 Annapolis/Baltimore Area; 301-858-3661 Washington, D.C. Area)

Anyone wishing to testify on any bill must sign the witness register by 12:40 p.m. If you have written testimony, please submit 20 copies to the committee staff by 12:00 Noon for distribution prior to the hearing; after 12:00 Noon, please submit at the time you testify. The order that bills are listed on the schedule is not necessarily the order in which they will be heard.

FRIDAY MARCH 7, 2008
1:00 P.M.

SB 616 Sen Raskin, et Alcoholic Beverages - Direct Wine Shipper’s
al License
So here's the deal, gang. I just finished up with the director of private dining at the unnamed restaurant. We are blessed to do a BYO wine dinner at their establishment on the 29th, with a couple of provisons.

1) We'll need to book their smaller private room. It's beautiful and can accomodate up to 20. There is a $1,500 food and beverage minimum, however. This probably won't work for an offline of 7. Eek

2) We'll need to get the wine to them in advance of the event which would require a little advance coordination. They are really stretching for us, and this is not the kind of thing they do regularly if at all.

3) We can't post the name of the restaurant online.

She has agreed to hold the room for us until March 5, so if you are interested in attending, chime in as soon as possible. I'll send a blast e-mail out to those of you whose addresses I have with more details.

PH
quote:
Anyone else interested should chime in pretty soon. If we don't get enough bodies to do the private room, we'll need to make arrangements to dine with the general population. I'll inquire to see if the private room was a prerequisite for BYO. Hope not......

PH

We'll miss you and the Mrs., Irwin.

I'm with you PH, if the numbers don't improve, it doesn't make sense for the private room. If they give you a hard time with BYO, Casa Klymkev is always an alternative.

In fact, for this theme, it seems quite appropriate, what with Mrs. Klymkev's connection to the mother land, and familiarity with the culinary arts of said country (Spain, that is, not so much Portugal).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.