sunnylea57 posted:
csm posted:

Monte Bello now $299.  I used to enjoy buying that wine.  No longer. 

That's crazy pricing. It was $115 USD direct from Ridge. Mine are waiting for me to pick up next week.

Used to be a halfway decent value from the KGBO.  Up $70 a bottle from last year by my records. 

csm posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
csm posted:

That's crazy pricing. It was $115 USD direct from Ridge. Mine are waiting for me to pick up next week.

Used to be a halfway decent value from the KGBO.  Up $70 a bottle from last year by my records. 

Wow. I just checked. I paid $480 for my Magnum of 2015. It's $605? 26% price increase?!

vertigo888 posted:
csm posted:
sunnylea57 posted:
csm posted:

Wow. I just checked. I paid $480 for my Magnum of 2015. It's $605? 26% price increase?!

Paid $388 for my mag of 2013.  Those are some steep price increases.

robsutherland posted:
vertigo888 posted:

If anyone has tasted the 08 Pol Roger Cuvee Winston Churchill - is it actually a 100 point wine?

It will turn into exceptionally good wine regardless of score. 

All the 2008 Champagnes I have tried have been delicious, so I am actively looking to add more of this vintage to my cellar.

here is what i am thinking of buying... anyone try them before?

may
m. chapoutier quatour 2015 Cotie Rotie- $105
GAJA Dagromis Barolo 2014- $122
Peilissero Nubiolo Barbaresco 2014- $55
a shit ton of Le Macchiole Bolgerhi Rosso 2016 - $37- the 2015 is fantastic and great value

JUNE
Louis Latour Grancey Corton- $210
Dubreuil-Fontaine Corton-Bressandes Grand Cru 2016- $116

csm posted:

I toured the winery in Santa Cruz in 2015.  Recall the tour manager saying warmly that the owner would limit price increases year-over-year so they'd be minimal.  Well, you can call that line a load of crap, given the price increases in the last few years.  I don't buy Monte Bello futures any more, or Monte Bello.

darcy posted:
csm posted:

I toured the winery in Santa Cruz in 2015.  Recall the tour manager saying warmly that the owner would limit price increases year-over-year so they'd be minimal.  Well, you can call that line a load of crap, given the price increases in the last few years.  I don't buy Monte Bello futures any more, or Monte Bello.

I didn't think the prices were up that high in terms of futures, but the retail price really has shot up.  The exchange rate isn't helping our cause at the KGBO either.  

sunnylea57 posted:
csm posted:

Anyone get any Winston Churchill?  I logged in at 8:32 and it was gone.  Stupid work. 

Only 34 bottles with a limit of 6 per person. I was watching things and they disappeared in about 10 seconds.

Sounds about right for the KGBO.  

vertigo888 posted:
csm posted:

Anyone get any Winston Churchill?  I logged in at 8:32 and it was gone.  Stupid work. 

Got 3. Probably should have gotten 6. 

Logged on when at 8:30 on the button, added 3 to cart.  Went to check out.  Zero.  Shut out.  IIRC, 3 was the limit.   Did get 6 of the Moreau Les Clos.  I had a bottle of the 2014 Moreau Les Clos a few weeks ago - stunning despite it's youth.   Excellent value there imo even if the current release isn't up to the level of the 2014. 

vincentric posted:
vertigo888 posted:
csm posted:

Got 3. Probably should have gotten 6. 

Logged on when at 8:30 on the button, added 3 to cart.  Went to check out.  Zero.  Shut out.  IIRC, 3 was the limit.   Did get 6 of the Moreau Les Clos.  I had a bottle of the 2014 Moreau Les Clos a few weeks ago - stunning despite it's youth.   Excellent value there imo even if the current release isn't up to the level of the 2014. 

I wish I could say that the KGBO thought that having 3 as the limit would be reasonable on 34 bottles. It was 6. 6 was the limit to this wine.

Our tax dollars hard at work. 

its absolute horse shit... such a piss off system... I would prefer allocation to be honest at times! I had 1 bottle of Pol in my cart, then went to buy some Machiole and a Gaja on the same order, then I went to process the log in and payment and the page refreshed and my cart was empty. then the bottle showed up again in the inventory, put it back in my cart, clicked checkout and it did the same thing.

Definitely need to:

• have an educated guess of what page the low allocation wine will be on and jump right to that page, and
  • check out immediately once you have the low allocation bottles in your cart.

You can always come back afterwards and place a second order to get your other stuff.

sunnylea57 posted:

Definitely need to:

• have an educated guess of what page the low allocation wine will be on and jump right to that page, and
  • check out immediately once you have the low allocation bottles in your cart.

You can always come back afterwards and place a second order to get your other stuff.

Thanks Sunny, i thought about logging into account prior to 8:30 (Probably responsible for some of the shutouts).   I'm doing the other things you suggest, but didn't think about logging in first until this time.  Next time.... will see. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)