Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

opened 2 bottles of  05 Napanook to go with some BBQ Steaks and vegetables.  Showed well consumed about 80-150  minutes in decanter with 2 other drinkers. They were raving about the wine. While very enjoyable felt as though it had a lot time to go (last one opened was 2 years ago felt the same way). Purchased before the 2nd dominus boom in pricing think its a great QPR bottle/label. Holding remaining few for another 3-5 years at least.

Champagne was let down both in taste and in sabering :-(

Had dinner Saturday with winedrmikeand a mutual friend of ours.  With everyone at the table fully vaccinated, it was refreshing to be able to enjoy good food (Japanese omakase), good wines/champers and great company.  The proprietor/chef and winedrmike had a hilarious convo about the rock band Kiss.  Chef is a huge Kiss fan, and winedrmike slayed him with his tale of playing the guitar with Paul Stanley.

Bottles weren’t too bad either:

1988 Maison Ambroise Le Rognet Corton GC
1999 M. Chapoutier Ermitage de L’Orée  Blanc
2004 Olivier Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1C
2004 Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Fleur de Champagne Rose
2005 Lanson Gold Label Brut
@Insight posted:

Had dinner Saturday with winedrmikeand a mutual friend of ours.  With everyone at the table fully vaccinated, it was refreshing to be able to enjoy good food (Japanese omakase), good wines/champers and great company.  The proprietor/chef and winedrmike had a hilarious convo about the rock band Kiss.  Chef is a huge Kiss fan, and winedrmike slayed him with his tale of playing the guitar with Paul Stanley.

Bottles weren’t too bad either:

1988 Maison Ambroise Le Rognet Corton GC
1999 M. Chapoutier Ermitage de L’Orée  Blanc
2004 Olivier Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1C
2004 Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Fleur de Champagne Rose
2005 Lanson Gold Label Brut

We haven't stopped laughing about the sushi chef's obsession with Kiss.  Chef was jealous I had an opportunity to play guitar with Paul Stanley, and he offered to take my wife and I back to Motel 6 to show me his version of "Lick it up".  That was a little too much wasabi for my taste.  Awesome evening Insight- Thanks for setting it up.  Looking forward to doing it again next time we're in the Bay Area.

Last edited by winedrmike

1998 Paolo Conterno Ginestra

Opened two of these wines this weekend.  This has to be one of the best wines I've had from this producer - way too good to be wasted on ice cream.  Intense aroma and classic Barolo flavour profile.  It is  still in its prime drinking window.  Lots of sediment so pour carefully.

Drinking really well.  Bear in mind the provenance on my 6 bottles is impeccable.  I bought them en premier from a temperature and humidity controlled operator here locally and immediately put them in my cellar where they've slept since.  I posted a note in CellarTracker and on my blog.  If you'd like me to cross post it here let me know.

That's good, thank you.  Have a few bottles and was wondering how they were doing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.