Last night- spinach ravioli with tomato sauce.  2015 Produttori Barbaresco 

Tonight- pork rib cap roast with salad and wild rice. 2016 Melville Pinot Noir Sandy’s 

Menu this week:

Potato parmesan crusted cod, cauliflower parmesan bisque, lobster risotto, Moroccan lamb stew, Coquilles St.- Jacques.  A glass of riesling with each meal.

I'm making cassoulet components today - soaked the beans last night, cooking them today in duck stock I made a few days ago, attempting to make duck leg confit.  Assemble tomorrow and bake with a top of bread crumbs.

@doubled posted:

Cassoulet

5EA3D718-CA9C-4194-A70B-1C0F56677C4F

Looks good!  Are those pics pre-final bake or post-final bake?  My understanding was that there should be a layer of fat (liquid duck fat, pork fat, butter, or my heart-healthy preference, olive oil) at the top of the pot, so that the bread crumbs absorb fat plus broth to form a pastry crust ("en croute") after baking?

Hey Java,

The pics are pre-final bake.  I wanted to show the ingredients before the bread crumbs covered them.  I put the layer of duck fat at the bottom and also added broth.  The breadcrumb mixture didn’t quite set to a crust, but the end result was still very good.

La Coupe de PDC - roast pork browned in duck fat, served on a bed of sauerkraut in a mustard bechamel sauce covered in onions & mushrooms in a white wine/stock reduction.  

Truffle mash potaotes

Beets w. Anchovies.

Mrs Vev harvested some rhubarb from the garden and made a crisp too.  

Okonomiyaki, sunomono, miso glazed eggplant.

Somehow strangely ended up here after a half hour of "what do i want to make" vs. "what's in the fridge".

@vinoevelo posted:

Okonomiyaki, sunomono, miso glazed eggplant.

Somehow strangely ended up here after a half hour of "what do i want to make" vs. "what's in the fridge".

I understand most of this post except what you actually had for dinner. Is that fish? Pork? Tree bark?

@vint posted:

I understand most of this post except what you actually had for dinner. Is that fish? Pork? Tree bark?

kind of like a cabbage pancake with lots of toppings, a cucumber salad and some roasted eggplant with extra salt. 

broiled salmon, quinoa.  Had a hankering for a sauvignon blanc, and pulled the 2019 Cottesbrook from New Zealand. 

@billhike posted:

Grilled burgers (no bun) and roasted cauliflower.

No bun?  Not a burger.  

You had ground beef patties, my friend.  And then you went and lost me at cauliflower...  

PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.