Not affliated expected that I enjoy their services when they were working at the restos in person and now doing it online.

https://www.bespokesocialclub.com/

Tonight was hosted by a somm named Chris Struck that was informative, fun and engaging.

There was more than enough w ine in with the 6oz bottles they shipped, and t he convo with random tasters are  surprisingly fun.

Though, to be honest, I loaded up on 2 btls of Dassai 50 sake and 1 bottle of Nanbu bijin daiginjo afterword.s

yesterday had a 2010 Lan Gran Reserva Rioja.  Was really terrific.  I think I just bought it last year at a local store up in McHenry Maryland. 

@g-man posted:

Fun port virtual tasting tonight

1970 Dows

1997 Vesuvio

How much longer for the Vesuvio to reach peak maturity?  I've been letting all my 97s sleep. 

2018 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc 

Better now than when first released. Will be better, still in a year. But the “deliciousness” factor on this wine, vintage after vintage, just continues to impress. Not a particularly elegant or cerebral wine, but delicious. 

2016 Quaintrelle Pinot noir- this is excellent. From the assistant winemaker at brickhouse, Savannah. Her personal label. 

2018 cuvée Anne Walter Scott Chardonnay 

2014 big basin vineyards Alfaro Pinot noir 

2017 Cameron abbey ridge Chardonnay - maybe the best o

2018 Cameron Dundee hills Pinot 

Yikes. Posted before I was done.  Regarding the Cameron 2017 Abbey Ridge. Maybe the best Oregon chard I’ve had in a while

1977 Fratelli Mainerdo barolo.  A beautiful surprise from a parcel of old Italian wines bought at auction, imported by Vinbrucke, Napa CA.

2015 Carlisle Zinfandel Limerick Lane Vineyard

Served the other night with drive thru Brisket, Pulled Pork, Boracho Beans, Potato Salad and Coleslaw.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

Recently

2018 Domaine La Suffrene, Bandol, Rosé (corked)

2017 Thorne & Daughters, Chenin Blanc, Cat's Cradle

2007 Petrolo, IGT, Galatrona

2018 Markus Huber, Gruner Veltliner, Obere Steigen

2015 Sette Ponti, IGT, Crognolo

2018 Susana Balbo, Torrontes, Signature

2016 Vincent Careme, Vouvray, Brut

2016 DeMorgenzon, Maestro White

@Bytown Rick posted:

2001 D'Arenberg The Dead Arm Shiraz.  Best ever Dead Arm?

Outstanding stuff imo. Bman keeps threatening to sell (or trade) me some of his because he doesn't like them anymore but it hasn't happened yet.

@steve8 posted:

Outstanding stuff imo. Bman keeps threatening to sell (or trade) me some of his because he doesn't like them anymore but it hasn't happened yet.

Waiting for an offer......  

2016 Mollydooker Carnival of Love shiraz. Wonderful. And so nice with a thick grilled perfectly seasoned rib steak. Unless you're an Aussie shiraz hater of course ...

@bman posted:

2016 Mollydooker Carnival of Love shiraz. Wonderful. And so nice with a thick grilled perfectly seasoned rib steak. Unless you're an Aussie shiraz hater of course ...

Did you drink that with a fork???

@bman posted:

An interesting poll for the Torontonians would be which they hate more - Shiraz or modern CdP. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.