2007 Black Hills Estate Note Bene (Okanagan Meritage).  OK, but I have had better bottles.

Original Post

2012 Varner, Chardonnay, Bee Block

Excellent but not as good as the previous bottle (last year).

2009 Usseglio cuvée de mon aieul. Should have decanted. Lots of alcohol initially but it blew off and revealed a very nice wine by the final glass. 

Finally recovered from having a client friend over for a sushi/sashimi lunch Friday, that stretched into happy hour, then homemade dumplings for dinner, then post dinner......

Murai Family Nigori Genshu Sake
NV Moët & Chandon rose
NV Taittinger brut
2005 Lanson Gold label
1980 Sunny Brook Kentucky bourbon
1983 Old Forester 86 proof Kentucky bourbon
1992 Hiram Walker’s Ten High Kentucky bourbon

2004 Quilceda Creek Cabernet Sauvignon

Served last night with a thick bone in rib eye steak.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2010 Vieux Telegraphe CdP La Crau Rouge. PnP and letting it slow-o. I have two more and have liked the couple of 2010 choof-du-poops I’ve had so far. Will post some impressions later.

Last edited by billhike

2015 Glinavos Vlahiko - my 2nd botle of this and is it ever good.  High toned cool red fruits with a world of black tea, baking spices & dried herbs.  Like if Ridge made a bojo in Greece.  Outstanding QPR.

2013 Boutari Grande Reserve Naoussa - Always good.

Both, unsurpisingly, paired well with Moussaka.

2001 Il Poggione (Proprietá Franceschi) Brunello di Montalcino

Served last night with Chicken Parmesan over Spaghetti.  Also did two virtual tastings with it and some Weller 12.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

@vinoevelo posted:

2015 Glinavos Vlahiko - my 2nd botle of this and is it ever good.  High toned cool red fruits with a world of black tea, baking spices & dried herbs.  Like if Ridge made a bojo in Greece.  Outstanding QPR.

2013 Boutari Grande Reserve Naoussa - Always good.

Both, unsurpisingly, paired well with Moussaka.

Glavinos makes a great orange wine if you’ve ever tried it. I don’t know but I found the 2013 grande reserve not as impressive as the 2010. Your thoughts?

2014 Beronia Rioja Reserva. Primary, but still enjoyable. Dark and tart cherry mix, tobacco leaf, a little leather. Oak is thankfully mostly in check. Really long finish and should integrate well in a few years. Great value.

@mimik posted:

Glavinos makes a great orange wine if you’ve ever tried it. I don’t know but I found the 2013 grande reserve not as impressive as the 2010. Your thoughts?

I have wanted to try the paleokirisio for a while but its tough to come by here.  The Vlahiko was Glinavos not Glavinos though.  re: the boutari - it wasnt as good as the 10, the 08 or the 07.  Still killer QPR and will age well.

2004 Charles Heidsieck Blanc des Millenaires (picked at random by doktap)
1997 Aldo Conterno Barolo Cicala
1996 Isole e Olena Cepparello (picked at random by vinojoe)

2013 Robert Chevillon Nuits Saint Georges Les Ronciérs

Not extraordinary and could use a few more years.  But scratched the Burgundy itch.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.