2015 Castellare in Castelina, CCR, considering the vintage and producer, I expected a bit more out of this, but it obviously needs time so perhaps an unfair assessment.   A few other CCRs from the vintage, though, have shown quite a bit better than this bottle.

2017 JM Brocard, petit-chablis

2017 Pra, Soave Classico, ‘Otto’

2014 Maculan, Palazzotto, CS

Over the weekend:

2015 CVNE Monopole Bianco Seco

2017 Envinate Albahra

2017 Jimenez-Landi Bajondillo

2015 Couly-Dutheil Les Chanteaux (killer chenin)

NV Larmandier-Bernier Latitude

2015 Benoit Roseau Syrah de Rosette

2016 Joan D'Anguera Planella

2014 Enfield Waterhorse Ridge Cab Sauv (gorgeous old-school cali cab)

Much thanks to RobS ensuring I didnt have to do this alone.

A fantastic Burg night about a week ago with a few of the local crew:

1989 Bruno Paillard Champagne
2002 Henri Boillot Corton-Charlemagne
1993 Domaine Potinet-Ampeau Meursault 1er Cru Les Perrières
1998 Domaine Reine Pédauque Corton Renardes
2000 Domaine Jacques Prieur Clos Vougeot 
2001 Nicolas Potel Romanée Saint-Vivant
2007 Domaine Arnoux-Lachaux Romanée Saint-Vivant
2008 Domaine Francois Lamarche Echezeaux
1972 Louis Latour Musigny

The '89 Paillard, '93 Potinet-Ampeau, '01 Potel and '72 Latour were the standouts for me. But they all showed really well.

longboarder posted:
mangiare posted:

1985 Poggio Antico Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 

2004 Quintarelli Valpolicella Classico

2003 Château Prieuré-Lichine

How was the ‘85?

Crazy enough but I would still consider this a food wine given the tightness the wine ends with.  Beautiful sweet fruit and orange peel balanced with a good amount of acidity on the lengthy finish.  

No rush at all. 

Highlights this month:

1997 Solaia

1998 Masseto

1990 Diamond Creek Lake

2007 Poggione (Paganelli) Brunello Riserva

2007 Querce Bettina Brunello Riserva

1996 Montrose

2009 Clos Rougeard (Foucault) Saumur Blanc Breze

There was another bottle from Mersault that I liked as well but do not remember the producer’s name.

sunnylea57 posted:

Nice one, vinoevelo and RobS. What did you think of the CVNE, and how was the Latitude? That's one in the L-B lineup that I've never tried.

The CVNE was nice, glad the muddler/futronic/yourself convinced me to grab a few.  I thoaught the latitude was good to very good, but i cant give you much more than that.  It was overshadowed by the conversation while keeping an eye on the BGE and the rain fall.  No formal notes taken.  Maybe Rob can elaborate.

I wasn't sure about the CVNE Monopole at first, but thought it was much better 24 hours later.

For me, two nights and two excellent wine/food pairings.

Last night: grilled salmon and a 2011 Tollot-Beaut Chorey-les-Beaune.

Tonight: I discovered a container of homemade boar ragu in the freezer. Did it up with some fresh pasta and a 2007 Isole e Olena Cepparello. Absolutely brilliant.

sunnylea57 posted:

Nice one, vinoevelo and RobS. What did you think of the CVNE, and how was the Latitude? That's one in the L-B lineup that I've never tried.

The Muddler and I drank the Latitude and Longitude side-by-side when we visited Larmandier-Bernier.  I thought they were quite different and have a definite preference between them, but I'd be curious to know what Rob and vinoevelo thought of Latitude compared to the Longitude.

PlenVu - colonoscopy preparation.  Yuchh, second batch was worse than the first.  Also, didn't totally clean me out, though I don't know how, cause I certainly made enough trips to the john, so I have to go back in three years instead of ten!

And I am not supposed to drink any alcohol today.  Aargh

Add Reply

Likes (0)