2006 Dow Quinto do Bomfim Vintage Port

1985 Dow Vintage Port

1992 Dow Tawny

Graham 40 Year Tawny

Original Post

2005 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini - gorgeous with no sign of decline

2005 Massolino Barolo Serralunga d'Alba - drink up imo 

2001 Fuligni BDM - 

1997 Lisini Ugolia - shows the heat of the vintage but when it's on, it is damn good

2003 Tardieu Laurent Cote Rotie - have always enjoyed this wine from other vintages. Rustic Cote Rotie brute with a slightly clipped finish. Could use some more time but it's drinking with a healthy decant. 

2011 Signae Montefalco Sagrantino  - needs a few more years for the oak to integrate but a good QPR presently available at our local monopoly 

Thanks for the comments on the barolos and the Fuligni Mangiare. 

2015 De Morgenzon, Maestro White

2014 Telmo Rodríguez Mencía Valdeorras Gaba do Xil.  Tasty as always and sad to say this is my last bottle. As with many of the Spanish contingent in my cellar, thanks to futronic for the rec.  

2006 Arnione Campo alla Sughera Bolgheri Rosso Superiore

A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot that the northern Maremma excels at.  The aroma had a nice floral (violets) lift.  Palate showed dark fruit with leather, graphite, and nice minerality.  An excellent complement to charcuterie.

2003 Fuligni BdM

Rightly or not, I have always felt that Fuligni shows its best in vintages where others struggle... and this wine was no exception.  A great bottle of wine.

Last edited by otw

A bunch of great wine over the past week with dear friends.  Standouts:

2001 Ch. Latour.  Holy moley.  Stunning.

2002 Krug.  Good gracious.  Just wonderful.

Thinking the company made them even better!

PH

2013 Francesco Rinaldi Barolo Brunate

This will likely shut down at some point, but for now, it was an outstanding wine from this producer.

2004 Isole e Olena Cepparello

Based solely on this one bottle, it’s at peak or slightly past peak. Very tasty, but a little soft. Missing the tension I enjoy in the best Tuscan Sangio.

Last week:

2011 Peter Michael-Ma Belle-Fille Chard

2008 Peter Michael Le Moulin Rouge Pinot

2015 Walter Hansel Cahill Lane Chard

2002 Hourglass Cab

2016 Falcone Paso Robles Cab

longboarder posted:

2015 Monsanto CC Riserva - a Costco wine and at $19 back the truck up. 

I find this wine to always be enjoyable so am not surprised it's excellent in 2015. Should be available around here soon so I will load up. Thanks.

sunnylea57 posted:

Based solely on this one bottle, it’s at peak or slightly past peak. Very tasty, but a little soft. Missing the tension I enjoy in the best Tuscan Sangio.

Decided to open one tonight based on your comments.

Needed a good 2 hours for a nose to appear but it’s really singing now. Very enjoyable with Sangiovese ‘tension’ but I would say this bottle is still in the early stages of prime drinking. 

Last edited by mangiare
mangiare posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

Decided to open one tonight based on your comments.

Needed a good 2 hours for a nose to appear but it’s really singing now. Very enjoyable with Sangiovese ‘tension’ but I would say this bottle is still in the early stages of prime drinking. 

Not surprised by your experience. I WAS surprised that mine was as advanced as it was. I have 5 more and I’m hoping they show younger than the first one.

2005 Atauta Llanos Del Almendro 

I was really impressed with this producer when I visited the Ribera del Duero a couple of years ago and I continue to be impressed every time I drink one of their wines.  Superb.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.