2005 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini - gorgeous with no sign of decline

2005 Massolino Barolo Serralunga d'Alba - drink up imo 

2001 Fuligni BDM - 

1997 Lisini Ugolia - shows the heat of the vintage but when it's on, it is damn good

2003 Tardieu Laurent Cote Rotie - have always enjoyed this wine from other vintages. Rustic Cote Rotie brute with a slightly clipped finish. Could use some more time but it's drinking with a healthy decant. 

2011 Signae Montefalco Sagrantino  - needs a few more years for the oak to integrate but a good QPR presently available at our local monopoly 

2006 Arnione Campo alla Sughera Bolgheri Rosso Superiore

A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot that the northern Maremma excels at.  The aroma had a nice floral (violets) lift.  Palate showed dark fruit with leather, graphite, and nice minerality.  An excellent complement to charcuterie.

2003 Fuligni BdM

Rightly or not, I have always felt that Fuligni shows its best in vintages where others struggle... and this wine was no exception.  A great bottle of wine.

sunnylea57 posted:

2004 Isole e Olena Cepparello

Based solely on this one bottle, it’s at peak or slightly past peak. Very tasty, but a little soft. Missing the tension I enjoy in the best Tuscan Sangio.

Decided to open one tonight based on your comments.

Needed a good 2 hours for a nose to appear but it’s really singing now. Very enjoyable with Sangiovese ‘tension’ but I would say this bottle is still in the early stages of prime drinking. 

mangiare posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

2004 Isole e Olena Cepparello

Based solely on this one bottle, it’s at peak or slightly past peak. Very tasty, but a little soft. Missing the tension I enjoy in the best Tuscan Sangio.

Decided to open one tonight based on your comments.

Needed a good 2 hours for a nose to appear but it’s really singing now. Very enjoyable with Sangiovese ‘tension’ but I would say this bottle is still in the early stages of prime drinking. 

Not surprised by your experience. I WAS surprised that mine was as advanced as it was. I have 5 more and I’m hoping they show younger than the first one.

Add Reply

Likes (0)