Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
okay

Marinade the 5lbs of chicken thighs with enough marinade in the ratio of 2 tbl spn of soy sauce, 1 tbl spn of minced garlic, 1 tbl spn of minced ginger, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of salt. let it marinate in fridge over night and flip halfway.

I pan fried it, but if you got a deep frier this works too. Take chicken and cook onto golden brown.

Make the sauce, in ratio of
1 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of rice wine, 2 tblspoon of rice vinegar, 2 tbl spoon of garlic, 2 tbl spoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of crushed white pepper, 1tbl spoon of sesame oil, 1 tbl spoon of sugar, 1-2 tblspoon of honey depending on your sweet tooth.

you'd want to start reducing this down as you're frying the chicken. When the sugars start to thicken, add the golden fried chicken in and braise and mix in the the sauce until sauce is thick and chicken is well coated.

Garnish with diced scallions.

deep fried them when I made them, either way these are absolutely delicious and happy to see it being shared. from a korean cookbook i picked up recently- great stuff:

A Korean Mother's Cooking Notes, Completely Revised and Expanded Deluxe Hardcover Edition
quote:
Originally posted by sarbuze:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Why not just buy KFC Extra Crispy and toss it in the sauce?

kfc has msg

And u hate mag...

haha i have a sensitivity, my ears turn bright red and if i'm drinking alcohol I get a real bad asian glow.

It was absolutely the worst in japan where EVERYTHING had msg in it.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:

PH, one of the best meals in recent memory, Indian or otherwise....

Great to hear. DC has become a truly world-class dining city. Next visit, give us a heads-up!

PH

Will do! Was a work trip and then was visiting my girlfriend's folks, so I was pretty busy this time. Should be back in the fall some time.
Cast iron pan roasted chicken breasts
Roasted potatoes with rosemary
Hen of the woods, creme fraiche, calvados, tarragon sauce
Green beans

And then my wife and kids forgot to come home from the park (which was 30 minutes away - why they went all the way there I have no idea) so I ate it alone. Most civilized meal consumed in our house in years.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.