Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Prime ribeye aux poivres with a still tannic 1986 Mouton Rothschild

I still make your steak aux poivres recipe since seeing it for the first time. It's been a go-to for many years. Thanks.

I've had shitty luck with 1986 left bank. Was their any fruit showing? I've had the tannins beat the fruit with every one I've had.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Prime ribeye aux poivres with a still tannic 1986 Mouton Rothschild

I still make your steak aux poivres recipe since seeing it for the first time. It's been a go-to for many years. Thanks.

Glad to hear it. It works for breast of Muscovy Duck too.

I've had shitty luck with 1986 left bank. Was their any fruit showing? I've had the tannins beat the fruit with every one I've had.

There was some fruit there hiding under the roughness. I've sold off some of my 1986s.

PH
With my chicken I deboned (above) I sauteed peppers, onions, garlic and spinach, then let it cool, mixed with some ground dark meat chicken and seasoned (added fennel seeds + red pepper flakes). The prep was same as the video below with different ingredients and I cooked it with indirect heat at 400 on the bbq with some apple wood over the coals. Sliced and served with crumbled feta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Breakfast for dinner tonight. Potatoes, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno and diced ham stirred together. Topped by shredded cheddar and eggs. Washed down with Champagne.

Bravo! Breakfast for dinner is a great thing. Well done, sir. Oh... you needed biscuits. Wink

PH
Agree. My daughter requests breakfast for dinner sometimes and I’m glad she does.
My estate garden has provided a bounty of fresh lettuces and roots for a flavourful yet light salad to start, absolutely.

I am just whipping up a batch of fresh filindeu noodles, to which I will ladle over a rich double lamb consomme, home and hand made, mind you, by yours truly, naturally! To finish, a most delightful Gateau St. Honore was create by moi, by all means!

The wine served after the salad will include a sole bottle of Bodegas Hidalgo NV Vinos Viejos de Hidalgo Triana (30 Year Old Pedro Ximenez). I trust you all will agree, and if not, I will have you know, this pairing is, as always, "perfect" through and through, absolutely!

Cheers!
~W&FE~
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
At Rasika in DC on Saturday night. Best Indian food I've ever eaten.

Palak Chaat
Dover Sole Chutneywala
Dal Makhani
Sali Boti
Tandori Chicken Tika
Eggplant Chili Garlic
Indian donuts and cardamom ice cream for dessert.

So glad to hear you liked Rasika. Their Palak Chaat is among the top 10 foods I've ever put in my mouth. Rasika and its sister Rasika WE are wonderful restaurants.

PH
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
korean fried chicken

Carry-out? Or culturally appropriated??

PH

as a proud american, there is nothing that isn't culturally appropriated in my house hold. Well except maybe my box of kraft mac and cheese =D.

I got the recipe from Sarbuze.

It's heavy garlic, ginger and honey for the sweetener, Came out excellent.
quote:
Right answer! Our country is all about appropriation.

Kraft Mac & Cheese?

Twice fried, the chicken?

PH

fried once, braised in the garlic, soy, ginger, honey sauce.

the heavy frying makes the chicken that "stale bread" texture, but the braising softens it up quite nicely giving you still some crunchy parts mixed in with some great moistness.
quote:
quote:

Kraft Mac & Cheese?

PH

the heavy frying makes the chicken that "stale bread" texture, but the braising softens it up quite nicely giving you still some crunchy parts mixed in with some great moistness.

Unless you signed a non-disclosure agreement, please send me the recipe. I'm cooking for family Thursday and a good "new" fried chicken recipe would be fun.

PH
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kraft Mac & Cheese?

PH

Unless you signed a non-disclosure agreement, please send me the recipe. I'm cooking for family Thursday and a good "new" fried chicken recipe would be fun.

PH

haha let me ask the wife, she wrote down the ingredients and made the sauce, I simply had to cook it =D
okay

Marinade the 5lbs of chicken thighs with enough marinade in the ratio of 2 tbl spn of soy sauce, 1 tbl spn of minced garlic, 1 tbl spn of minced ginger, 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of salt. let it marinate in fridge over night and flip halfway.

I pan fried it, but if you got a deep frier this works too. Take chicken and cook onto golden brown.

Make the sauce, in ratio of
1 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of rice wine, 2 tblspoon of rice vinegar, 2 tbl spoon of garlic, 2 tbl spoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of crushed white pepper, 1tbl spoon of sesame oil, 1 tbl spoon of sugar, 1-2 tblspoon of honey depending on your sweet tooth.

you'd want to start reducing this down as you're frying the chicken. When the sugars start to thicken, add the golden fried chicken in and braise and mix in the the sauce until sauce is thick and chicken is well coated.

Garnish with diced scallions.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
At Rasika in DC on Saturday night. Best Indian food I've ever eaten.

Palak Chaat
Dover Sole Chutneywala
Dal Makhani
Sali Boti
Tandori Chicken Tika
Eggplant Chili Garlic
Indian donuts and cardamom ice cream for dessert.

So glad to hear you liked Rasika. Their Palak Chaat is among the top 10 foods I've ever put in my mouth. Rasika and its sister Rasika WE are wonderful restaurants.

PH

PH, one of the best meals in recent memory, Indian or otherwise. Amazing wine pairings too. I wanted to try the 6 course tasting, but the server correctly talked me out of it, as neither my girlfriend nor I was close to finishing the 4 course.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.