It has been a long weekend - one that started Thursday.

At dinner at the club, I had a nice piece of sirloin with a red wine gorgonzola demi-glace, salad, and grilled asparagus. '03 Pride Merlot (mag) and '04 Sullivan Coeur de Vigne. And then some more wine later....

Friday night after golf and lots of apps at the club, DnVsMom wanted a tri-tip. So I grilled that and my golf partner, DnVsMom and I had an '02 Cosentino M. Coz and an '03 Veringer PR Cab, preceeded by an '05 Ramey Hudson Chard and an '05 Sbragia Gamble Ranch Chard.

Last night was a lot of beer during and after golf, and then at the post tournament party where it was a nice taco bar spread, along with some sliders. Although I did have a small glass of NV Heidsieck later....
Friday night:

Grilled bacon wrapped scallops topping a nice mixed greens salad with a mango vinaigrette.

Grilled skirt steak with a side of creamy potato/bacon salad

Saturday night (early celebration of cinco de mayo):

A variety of ceviches

Cochinita pibil tacos

Mexican lasagna (chicken, poblano peppers, corn, corn tortilla, cheese, etc)

XX lager

Negra Modelo
Long weekend for me.

Thursday the misses and I ate at Va De Vi in Walnut Creek, a nice tapas place with a great wine-by-the-glass program. Smoked Salmon Bruschetta, Shrimp and avocado lumpias, duck bolognese with a few more and a several flights of both whites and reds. Great nite.

Friday ate at our local left bank french bistro-fare, took a 2001 Chasse Spleen paired with a rib-eye steak and some pommes frites.

Saturday at at Mary's Pizza shack to load up on carbs before our ride in Napa on Sunday.

Sunday, after the ride, Mrs. Lizardking and I went to Chandon for their Oyster Day, where we had a dozen raw hog island oysters with a bottle of the Etoile Brut.

Monday, some carne asada tacos, rice and beans with a few pacificos.
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:
Va De Vi in Walnut Creek

DnVsMom was there with friends not too long ago and spoke highly of it.....

Va De Vi is my go-to place for a great meal in the area. Their wine program is great and the food is hard to beat.
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:

Thursday the misses and I ate at Va De Vi in Walnut Creek, a nice tapas place with a great wine-by-the-glass program. Smoked Salmon Bruschetta, Shrimp and avocado lumpias, duck bolognese with a few more and a several flights of both whites and reds. Great nite.

I'll third the good review of Va De Vi. Though, the portions are slightly larger than what I typically call tapas.

And then you went on to the Left Bank?

Sounds like you are right down the street...

keytohwy

Add Reply

Likes (0)