2010 Domaine Perrot-Minot Chambertin-Clos de Bèze Vieilles Vignes

Tasted at an offline.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

Original Post

2000 Clos du Marquis.  Last and best of the four bottles.  It has picked up weight, color, and complexity since my previous experience.  Worth picking up a few more.  

longboarder posted:

1990 IL Poggione Riserva BdM - a truly beautiful wine in a perfect place at the moment. 

I had 2 bottles of this which I brought back from Montalcino in 1997. Unfortunately they were both gone by 2005. Not that they were bad, they were both outstanding.

steve8 posted:
longboarder posted:

1990 IL Poggione Riserva BdM - a truly beautiful wine in a perfect place at the moment. 

I had 2 bottles of this which I brought back from Montalcino in 1997. Unfortunately they were both gone by 2005. Not that they were bad, they were both outstanding.

Steve. I bought an OWC in 2001 from a collector in NYC. Each bottle has been good but this one was great. Hadn’t tasted one in over 5 years so was very happy to see the remaining ones are in this special place. At least I hope so🤞.

Last edited by longboarder

Last night with visiting bman and Wine + Art and Miami Atty and spouses. Some vintages may be off and on phone so sorry for typos

2008 Phillipanat Clois des Goisses

2013 Beaucastel Blanc

2017? Hartford Court  Jennifers Chardonnay

2003 Clerc Milon

2004 Tua Rita Syrah

2009 Janasse CDP

2017 Little Wings Syrah

2017 Penfolds RWT Shiraz

2003 Suidarat

Very nice night.  

2006 Sine Qua Non Grenache Raven Series

Took this to a BNO/GNO last night.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

2013 Real Companhia Velha Douro Old Vines Quinta das Carvalhas

Random taster bottle.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

Hosting a wine dinner tonight for first time in what seems like a very long time. I shouldn't be as excited as I am, but I am.  

- Shrimp appetizer, 2002 Pol Roger Winston Churchill, and a blind Champagne from a guest who's recently returned from France

- Ginger and carrot soup, cashew garnish, 2008 J J Prum Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese

- Roast salmon with vino cotto dressing, lemon risotto, 2008 Leroy Meursault 1er Les Boucheres

- Cheese (12-month Manchego, Telaggio, 4-year white cheddar), 1998 Sassicaia

- Asst. small pastries from local bakery, 2009 Selbach Oster Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Beerenauslese

Prep's all done; only the risotto will take a bit of time so I'm set to enjoy this evening!

Last edited by seaquam
seaquam posted:

Hosting a wine dinner tonight for first time in what seems like a very long time. I shouldn't be as excited as I am, but I am.  

- Shrimp appetizer, 2002 Pol Roger Winston Churchill, and a blind Champagne from a guest who's recently returned from France

- Ginger and carrot soup, cashew garnish, 2008 J J Prum Riesling Wehlener Sonnenuhr Spatlese

- Roast salmon with vino cotto dressing, lemon risotto, 2008 Leroy Meursault 1er Les Boucheres

- Asst. small pastries from local bakery, 2009 Selbach Oster Riesling Zeltinger Sonnenuhr Beerenauslese

Prep's all done; only the risotto will take a bit of time so I'm set to enjoy this evening!

Very nice my friend. I’m sure you enjoyed. Cheers!

seaquam posted:

Sounds great, enjoy!!

2015 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Estate Mass Selection Block 10

Tasted at an offline.  Tasting note posted on CellarTracker and blogged.

With fellow forumites mareff, winedrmike, greenmike, Dave, Tom, Brian, and wives:

Billecart Salmon NV

1997  Tignanello

1950 Bodegas Berberana Gran Reserva (WOTN)

2011 SQN Dark Blossom 2011

1970 Inglenook (91)

1987 Vega Sicilia

1989 Dunn Howell Mountain

2001 Mouton

1989 Ride Monte Bello

1970 Beychevelle

1988 Leoville Las Cases

2006 Querce Bettina Brunello Riserva.  

Wine was very nice but more advanced than I expected at this stage and, as has been my recent experience with this producer, the cork was saturated almost 90% of the way through.  2 more bottles from them in the cellar but no more will be purchased until they clean this up. 

doubled posted:

With fellow forumites mareff, winedrmike, greenmike, Dave, Tom, Brian, and wives:

Billecart Salmon NV

1997  Tignanello

1970 Inglenook (91)

1987 Vega Sicilia

2001 Mouton

1989 Ride Monte Bello

1970 Beychevelle

1988 Leoville Las Cases

The 1950 Berberana Rioja was a great surprise.  Checking my records, I picked that up in an auction about 9 months ago for the all-in price of $74.  Those sort of gems don't come around too often.

Also had a 2004 Chateau Coutet with dessert.  Speaking of food, North Square restaurant in Greenwich Village was a great call DoubleD. Food was good, reasonably priced and corkage was only $15.

My WOTN was the '87 Vega Sicilia Unico- fantastic right out of the gate. The '01 Mouton is in a great spot right now.  I think there was a touch of bret on the '88 LLC, but otherwise all of the wines were great.

winedrmike posted:
doubled posted:

Billecart Salmon NV

1997  Tignanello

1970 Inglenook (91)

1987 Vega Sicilia

2001 Mouton

1989 Ride Monte Bello

1970 Beychevelle

1988 Leoville Las Cases

The 1950 Berberana Rioja was a great surprise.  Checking my records, I picked that up in an auction about 9 months ago for the all-in price of $74.  Those sort of gems don't come around too often.

Also had a 2004 Chateau Coutet with dessert.  Speaking of food, North Square restaurant in Greenwich Village was a great call DoubleD. Food was good, reasonably priced and corkage was only $15.

My WOTN was the '87 Vega Sicilia Unico- fantastic right out of the gate. The '01 Mouton is in a great spot right now.  I think there was a touch of bret on the '88 LLC, but otherwise all of the wines were great. 

Thanks Mike.  I love the Berberana.  Not only was it a treat, but it was also delicious.

The Ridge, Vega, Dunn HM, and Mouton didn't disappointment.  They were so good that I can't pick one over the other.  I didn't notice the brett on the LLC.  I thought it was lovely as was the Tig.  They were the next tier.  The Inglenook was still alive and drinking well.  Hard to compete with the younger wines.

Saturday  night with Allred, slipstichpass and our wives at Bite Cafe:

2011 Rene Geoffroy Champagne Premier Cru Volupte
NV Coessnes Champagne Rose de Saignee Largillier
NV Andre Clouet Champagne Un jour de 1911
2008 Joseph Drouhin Beaune 1er Cru Clos des Mouches Blanc
2012 Ceritas Chardonnay Porter-Bass Vineyard
2012 WesMar Pinot Noir Hellenthal Vineyard
2012 Ceritas Piinot Noir Hellenthal Vineyard
2003 Chateau Filhot

It was interesting to see the Ceritas and WesMar Hellenthals side by side.  Every bottle showed excellent, and Bite Cafe is a great BYO spot in Chicago if you are looking for a casual night with excellent food.

Last night we had a 2012 Paloma Merlot with is drinking beautifully, but definitely needs a decant for sediment.

csm posted:

Wine was very nice but more advanced than I expected at this stage and, as has been my recent experience with this producer, the cork was saturated almost 90% of the way through.  2 more bottles from them in the cellar but no more will be purchased until they clean this up. 

CSM-I met with Roberto in February and he acknowledged that the corks used in his wines were experiencing issues through the 2009 vintage. He switched cork suppliers for the 2010 vintage and has not seen issues since. He made the switch as soon as he realized the problem. 

longboarder posted:
csm posted:

CSM-I met with Roberto in February and he acknowledged that the corks used in his wines were experiencing issues through the 2009 vintage. He switched cork suppliers for the 2010 vintage and has not seen issues since. He made the switch as soon as he realized the problem. 

He must have still had some bad corks to use up after he switched.  It was the 2010 vintage that I had trouble vis corks.  Have you been buying them since (2011+) Longboarder?  It was great wine, but too many bad corks for me.

2010 Jadot Beaune Greves

1999 Cavallotto Barolo Bricco Boschis

2013 Bersano Barolo Nirvasco

2012 Taupenot Merme Corton Les Rognets

Catching up with SPO last night and another buddy for some vino and food.  All showed well:

2015 Walter Scott X-Novo Chardonnay

2015 El Molino Rutherford Pinot Noir

2008 RASA QED (Syrah blend)

2001 La Rioja Alta 904

1998 Chateau Raymond Lafon Sauternes

2007 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills

Served with a dinner last night of Ina Garten Herb Roasted Turkey Breast.  Tasting note posted to CellarTracker and blogged.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.