What will March bring Confused Roll Eyes Smile
Should be a good start with a Montreal off-line this Saturday night.
Original Post
8:40am so no drinking yet. LOL

But will be trying some barrel samples later this a.m. getting ready for the Wine Road Barrel Tasting weekend. Nothing like a little 2011 Cab Franc before lunch ...
Smile
2006 Bodegas Catena Zapata Catena Alta Malbec. This is the last vintage I bought of the alta line because I have found the single vinyard malbecs(Nicasia,Adriana)are so much better.That being said the 2003 & 2004 alta malbecs are amazing. 2005 and 2006 are not quite up to the two previous vintages. I seem to enjoy the top Malbecs more than most west coast wines in the same price range.
... Clos des Goisses, what elseWink

Various delicious stuff over the last weeks:
2000 Chateau d'Agassac, Haut-Médoc
2005 Moulin-à-Vent, Domaine des Rosiers, my first
Beaujolaus that comes close to the legend that good Beaujolais tastes like real good Burgundy, absolutely recommended
2000 Meursault-Blagny, Matrot
2000 Puligny Referts 1er Cru, Jadot, recommended
2007 Pinot-Gris Domaine et Tradition, Mathis Bastian
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
1990 Philipponnat Clos des Goisse
1990 Lynch Bages

What??? You couldn't wait one more night for me!!!!! Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
2003 Celler Joan Simo Les Eres Vinyes Velles

How was it? There's some 2006 up here that I have been pondering buying.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
2003 Celler Joan Simo Les Eres Vinyes Velles

How was it? There's some 2006 up here that I have been pondering buying.

I first tasted this wine at the winery in 2006. I thought it was outstanding then, but it has really blossomed. When I pulled the cork, the aroma or dark fruit filled the room. This is much better than I thought it would be, and I was expecting excellence. I don't believe I've tasted the 2006, but the vintages in Priorat are pretty much all consistent and excellent. My advice would be to go for it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.