2006 Bodegas Catena Zapata Catena Alta Malbec. This is the last vintage I bought of the alta line because I have found the single vinyard malbecs(Nicasia,Adriana)are so much better.That being said the 2003 & 2004 alta malbecs are amazing. 2005 and 2006 are not quite up to the two previous vintages. I seem to enjoy the top Malbecs more than most west coast wines in the same price range.
... Clos des Goisses, what elseWink

Various delicious stuff over the last weeks:
2000 Chateau d'Agassac, Haut-Médoc
2005 Moulin-à-Vent, Domaine des Rosiers, my first
Beaujolaus that comes close to the legend that good Beaujolais tastes like real good Burgundy, absolutely recommended
2000 Meursault-Blagny, Matrot
2000 Puligny Referts 1er Cru, Jadot, recommended
2007 Pinot-Gris Domaine et Tradition, Mathis Bastian
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Hayes:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
2003 Celler Joan Simo Les Eres Vinyes Velles

How was it? There's some 2006 up here that I have been pondering buying.

I first tasted this wine at the winery in 2006. I thought it was outstanding then, but it has really blossomed. When I pulled the cork, the aroma or dark fruit filled the room. This is much better than I thought it would be, and I was expecting excellence. I don't believe I've tasted the 2006, but the vintages in Priorat are pretty much all consistent and excellent. My advice would be to go for it.
quote:
quote:
quote:

I first tasted this wine at the winery in 2006. I thought it was outstanding then, but it has really blossomed. When I pulled the cork, the aroma or dark fruit filled the room. This is much better than I thought it would be, and I was expecting excellence. I don't believe I've tasted the 2006, but the vintages in Priorat are pretty much all consistent and excellent. My advice would be to go for it.

Bruce Hayes - go for it. Wink

1999 Clos Erasmus
2005 Mormoreto Marchesi Frescobaldi
Tonight I'm getting together with my wine group to drink some Calif/Wash Cabs and blends.

2004 Martinelli Martinelli Road Chardonnay
1996 Spring Mountain Estate Reserve
2001 Seven Hills Pentad
2002 BV Private Reserve
2003 Andrew Will Champoux
2004 Chester Kidder Red Wine
2005 Ramey Claret
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bruce Hayes - go for it. Wink

1999 Clos Erasmus
2005 Mormoreto Marchesi Frescobaldi

This unrelenting peer pressure is starting to wear me down. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
2007 Arnot-Roberts North Block Hudson Vineyard
I have been wanting to try something from Arnot. What do you think of them?

I was completely unaware of this producer until speaking with steve8 and he mentioned Arnot-Roberts, your mention of him in your Kramer thread, and that they recently arrived here in Montreal.

That all piqued my interest, so on the way home yesterday, I stopped in to pick one up and try.

At 14% just a touch hot on the nose when initially poured but this blows off over several minutes. An absolutely provocative nose. Gorgeous. Continued to expand over the next hour and then plateaued. Nice mouth feel. Mid length finish. At $55 (SAQ price) will I load up? No. But I will pick up a couple more. I agree that this is one of the more restrained California Syrahs and appreciate the style very much.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
1985 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Charlie

Is the '85 Charlie still showing well?

My last few bottles had begun to reflect better days prior so I tended to drink them up last year. Curious to hear how yours showed. Maybe it was the batch I had.
quote:
quote:

My last few bottles had begun to reflect better days prior so I tended to drink them up last year. Curious to hear how yours showed. Maybe it was the batch I had.

I will not speak for W+A but I thought the Charlie was excellent and definitely not past its peak. It really opened up as the night progressed and the acidity kept it so fresh for me. I actually thought this bottle tasted young.
quote:
2008 Huet Le Mont Demi Sec Vouvray
1982 Branaire Ducru

A wonderful evening with Longboarder.

Your winnings from last year? If so, I'm glad it showed well. Hell, I'm glad it showed well regardless. Cool

PH
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
quote:
quote:

I will not speak for W+A but I thought the Charlie was excellent and definitely not past its peak. It really opened up as the night progressed and the acidity kept it so fresh for me. I actually thought this bottle tasted young.

Cool

Add Reply

Likes (0)