Red
1977 Conti Costanti Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
1982 Château Cos d'Estournel
1990 Château Cos d'Estournel
1999 Delas Frères Côte-Rôtie La Landonne
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
GlennK -

Which of the two bubbles did you like better and why? Thanks....
They were both pretty tasty, but I think the DL was drinking better right now. The Tait is still pretty focused and sharp and will be the better of the 2 over the long haul.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
White

'06 Chateau de Beaucastel CDP Vielles Vignes Blanc

Thanks CSM. Talk about rubbing my nose in it. Frown Wink

Sorry, but keep the faith. I'm told the KGBO is doing its year end inventory today. They just may find some more of these bottles (I know for a fact there is one left on the shelf at Summerhill).
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
1999 Dominus

KSC02 - I don't recall seeing a TN on the '99 Dominus. Glad to hear it was great - would you mind sharing your impressions? It's one of the first favorable reviews of the wine and I've got two waiting to get popped!
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Come on KSC, you gotta be able to narrow the reds down better than that?

I can, actually. The WOTM, for me, was indeed the 2005 Domaine JL Chave Hermitage. Truly stunning (and at such a young age).

However, I use also these 'WOTM' listings to collate the highlights at year end, for assembling my WOTY listings, which makes it all much easier.

There is method to the madness. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:
1999 Dominus

KSC02 - I don't recall seeing a TN on the '99 Dominus. Glad to hear it was great - would you mind sharing your impressions? It's one of the first favorable reviews of the wine and I've got two waiting to get popped!

BRR-
I've posted a review of the Dominus now, in the TN. Admittedly, I'm try to post reviews to any wine that I consume from my personal holdings, or my contributions to an offline.
For an unexplainable reason, I've always been rather hesitant to give a formal TN for wines that others bring.
However, I were taking notes that weekend (to varying degrees as it went into the evening), and I felt the bottle showed at KSC95. A spended showing for the wine. I believe the fact that we paired this with a grilled ribeye (organic - thanks to impulse) really enhanced the charms displayed by this wine that night.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:

They were both pretty tasty, but I think the DL was drinking better right now. The Tait is still pretty focused and sharp and will be the better of the 2 over the long haul.

Wow, I'm shocked these two wines were in the same league.

Thanks for the post.
Red:
2001 Neal Family
2005 Ch. Bahans, Haut Brion
2003 Eaglepoint Ranch Petite Sirah

White:
2004 Villa Franciacorta, Pian Della Villa, Curterfranca Bianco
2005 Jaboulet Vercherre, Mercurey, Les Greimpets Blanc

Sweet:
1989 Doisy-Vedrines
2000 R. Mondavi Sauvignon Blanc, Botrytis

Sparkler:
That Rosé I had at Twist with tlily and co.
quote:
Originally posted by Primordealsoup:
Red
2003 Clio

Well done Primordealsoup!

It's nice to see someone else have the balls to list a Clio in their WOTM listing. Cool

I got a lot of ribbing from the boys up North for me doing this last month. But then the cold Winter weather can numb some people's palates, this is true. Big Grin
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Primordealsoup:
Red
2003 Clio

Well done Primordealsoup!

It's nice to see someone else have the balls to list a Clio in their WOTM listing. Cool

I got a lot of ribbing from the boys up North for me doing this last month. But then the cold Winter weather can numb some people's palates, this is true. Big Grin

Stand tall KSC. I'm not afraid of those guys, they just need some more sunshine. They do drink some pretty good wine up there though. Clio always seems to be a room splitter, but I like it's flavor profile, so who can argue with one's personal tastes. Even if someone doesn't favor Clio, they have to appreciate that it is a well made wine.
Nice to see people aren't drinking plonk!

I'm glad no one's complaining about people picking more than one, b/c I'd have a hard time narrowing...

Red:
2006 Windy Oaks Estate Proprietor's Reserve Pinot Noir
1998 Emidio Pepe Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
2001 Fontodi Flaccianello
2005 Long Shadows (Folonari) Saggi Columbia Valley (overperforming red OTM)
2001 Antinori Toscana Tignanello

Whites:
2008 Cederberg Bukettraube (overperforming white OTM)
2006 Jermann Pinot Bianco
2007 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc

Desertish:
1989 Daniel Jarry Vouvray Moelleux Réserve
1994 Croft Vintage Port

Add Reply

Likes (0)