scalloped potatoes
Blueberry Cheesecake and Chocolate Lava Cake

I can't top your menu, not even close.

Derby sage, Jarlsberg, and smoked gouda cheeses
Sauteed jumbo scallops
Baked cod
Sauteed asparagus
Wine for dessert
Saturday night - rib eyes on the grill. '03 Lewis and '99 Pride Cabs....

Last night - started with grilled marinated bacon wrapped duck breast stuffed with jalapeno, garlic and ginger. Then put the baby backs and Italian sausages on the grill. '05 Red Nectar Shiraz....
Last night: Spaghetti O's, wife was working and Dad was home with the little guy, dont tell Mom what we ate though!
Grilled pork loin chops marinated in mustard and horseradish, grilled onions. sauteed spinach, sauteed mushrooms, an earthy Bourgogne...nice!
Roasted chicken, mashed yukon gold potatoes, baby spinach with a little lemon and olive oil. Paired with a 2006 Pascal Jolivet Sancerre.
Went to UPS to pick up some wine shipped in during the break in the weather. Cool

Couldn't resist picking up nearby Chicken Vindaloo and Nann Bread. Nice! Smile
I grilled some sausage kabobs (or is it kebab?). Unfortunately, the first wine was corked, but then an '05 Tobin James Chateau Le Cacheflo was okay....
Stir-fried steak and scallions tonight.

Tentative plans for mañana with KillerB:

Cold poached shrimp with aioli and guacamole over Mesclun greens

2005 Beringer Sbragia Reserve Chardonnay

Pan-seared magret with green peppercorn sauce
Wild Rice
Asparagus

2004 Martinelli Seven Mules Pinot Noir

Brilliat Savarin, Robiola Bosina cheeses, tapenade with baguette

1981 Chateau Margaux

d'Artagnan foie gras with freshly shaved black truffle on top

2003 Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Auslese ***
Had dinner at Athens Market Taverna tonight.

Greek salad, dolmathes, moussako, pastitsio and lamb chop. Had a glass of Rotidis Rose.

For dessert, Baklava and Yalaktobouriko (phylo dough and custard), paired with a Greek coffee.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Tentative plans for mañana with KillerB:

Cold poached shrimp with aioli and guacamole over Mesclun greens

2005 Beringer Sbragia Reserve Chardonnay

Pan-seared magret with green peppercorn sauce
Wild Rice
Asparagus

2004 Martinelli Seven Mules Pinot Noir

Brilliat Savarin, Robiola Bosina cheeses, tapenade with baguette

1981 Chateau Margaux

d'Artagnan foie gras with freshly shaved black truffle on top

2003 Christoffel Urziger Wurzgarten Auslese ***

Cool VERY NICE
Let us know how that turns out!
Smoked a sage rubbed chicken and served with herbed roasted cauliflower. Well matched with a dry herbal Savennieres (Chenin blanc).
I figure that this is the most appropriate place for post 3K....

And, as Saturday night usually dictates, a very nice grilled rib eye, sauteed mushrooms, and haricot vert. '01 Araujo Altagracia Cabernet....
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by redknife:
Curry lamb stew.

What wine did you match with it?

No wine just iced tea; I'm working this weekend.

I've had it with Clio and I believe Montes Alpha Syrah. They both went well.
Pretty Windy and Cold here today.

Sauce simmering in the pot. Veal Cutlet Parm and Rigatoni. Most likely a Brunello to be named later.

Wife has a slight cold so no one is bothering me to do anything today. My kinda Sunday. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:

Sauce simmering in the pot. Veal Cutlet Parm and Rigatoni. Most likely a Brunello to be named later.

Wife has a slight cold so no one is bothering me to do anything today. My kinda Sunday. Smile

Your dinners always sound so good.
quote:
quote:

Wife has a slight cold so no one is bothering me to do anything today. My kinda Sunday.

Your dinners always sound so good.

Thanks Spo. Actually, the one who really eats and drinks like a king around here (and I mean 7 days a week) is this guy: Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad : I figure that this is the most appropriate place for post 3K....

And, as Saturday night usually dictates, a very nice grilled rib eye, sauteed mushrooms, and haricot vert. '01 Araujo Altagracia Cabernet....

I'm still trying to figure out if he inherited millions or his wife is a high powered fancy lawyer and he gets to just buy the meat, cook and drink great wine every night. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Big Grin

Smile Nice job on the 3k D and V. Many of them very tasty posts. Seriously - I dig the dinner posts. Keep them up.
quote:

I'm still trying to figure out if he inherited millions or his wife is a high powered fancy lawyer and he gets to just buy the meat, cook and drink great wine every night. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Big Grin

Smile Nice job on the 3k D and V. Many of them very tasty posts. Seriously - I dig the dinner posts. Keep them up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Hunter.

We just like to eat and drink well. No millions, no attorneys....

Although I will say that I was on my own last night. DnVsMom was in Maui for business. Yeah, yeah. I know.... Roll Eyes

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.