quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Irwin, your guys are letting us down!

The Orioles have terrible pitching and now they have failed to score in their prior 17 innings.
Not a formula for success.
When I was younger (uphills both ways no shows in snow) ball parks had HUGE netting covering all of the backstop to the dugouts (shea, yankee, wrigley and fenway first hand). When did better views trump fan safety? I watched it happened and have been sick to my stomach. Cant imagine how the grandparents feel and the parents who were not present feel.
I only hope she is okay and makes a full recovery. At such a young age the baseball is probably larger than her face. Thoughts and prayers...
I would say lets go mets but they aint going anywhere
Great day for the Yankees. Boston had the day off so they'll have wait until tomorrow for another nail to be driven in.
Judge hits two more HRs to pass McGwire for most by a rookie (50). Sure hope they don't find PEDS in his system one day. McGwire eventually confessed.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Judge hits two more HRs to pass McGwire for most by a rookie (50). Sure hope they don't find PEDS in his system one day. McGwire eventually confessed.

If you do a side-by-side comparison of McGwire when he first came up with his stature when he hit those HRs, you can see a pretty big growth spurt during those years.

Judge is already 6'7", 280-lbs @ age 25. He was probably 230-lbs in college. He's a linebacker with the skills to put bat on ball 75-80% of the time. I'd be very surprised if he took PEDs during those years, but who knows. I would also be very surprised if he hasn't already been tested more than once this season.
Only two players in baseball history have won the Rookie of the Year award and the Most Valuable Player award in that same season.
Both in the American League. Both outfielders.
Judge has a great chance to be the third.

Both of those two players also won gold gloves that same season. One is already in the Hall of Fame and one will get there once he is eligible.

Fred Lynn
Ichiro Suzuki
Judge has a shot at all three. The Yankees wouldn't be where they are without him- MVP
ROY- no question
Gold Glove- excellent fielder with a rifle arm
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Judge has a shot at all three. The Yankees wouldn't be where they are without him- MVP
ROY- no question
Gold Glove- excellent fielder with a rifle arm

He also, according to reports, is a polite gentleman.
Clearly, the teams to beat in the AL are Cleveland and Houston. I am hoping the Yankees make some noise though.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
The Orioles were 71-68 and then lost 19 of their final 23 games to claim last place.

I didn't realize they finished last. So Toronto occupied the cellar just about all year and the Orioles took it away.

I'm expecting the Yankees to be substantial favorites tomorrow, but one never knows what will happen in one game.
Good matchups for the wildcard games. I wouldn't take the Twins lightly in a one-game series. Dbacks and Rockies are also evenly matched - both lineups are stacked.
Am I the only one who HATES the "permanent" strike zone box being used by some networks? (Fox and ESPN I think)??

I find it very annoying and intrusive.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Yanks pick up Sonny Gray - a solid pitcher who can be a #2 or #3. Smile

As an A's fan, I'll amend that statement and say that he can be a #1.

I hope you're right!

Gray is definitely not an ace, 3rd SP at best. Velocity is average in today's rotations and needs pinpoint control to get people out. He was behind a lot of hitters tonight.
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
What a great game tonight! 2 Wins down, 9 to go

Just hoping Kluber is ok. I expected the win. Not the route to it.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
As much as it pains me, Kershaw continues to underperform in the postseason.

Not as bad as Girardi underperformed last night! Frown
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
As much as it pains me, Kershaw continues to underperform in the postseason.
He was pretty dominant until the 7th. The first HR was a great swing on a good pitch. The 2nd was a hanger and his only really bad pitch in 6 innings. They should not have brought him out in the 7th. Was near 100 pitches and they had a comfortable lead. The 7th has been his issue in the playoffs.
Yanks won a nail-biter tonight, 1-0, but may be without Chapman on Monday, who threw 40 pitches to close the game.
Trying to not get too excited about the Yankees, I was glad to see them win last night to force Game 5. They'll need more breaks on Wed and hopefully get to Kluber first before they get to CC.
Indians haven’t lost two in a Roos sim ever forever, so it feels like a little momentum shift. Edwin being out of the lineup has left a big hole in the batting order. That being said, I’ll take our chances with Kluber at home
Fuckin' Nats... Eek

I think I gained a few gray hairs from tonight's game. Steven Strasburg? Stud.

Big game tomorrow. Go Nats!

PH
What a crazy game last night. The difference was bad defense by the Nats.

3rd straight NLCS for the Cubs who have also won 6 of their last 7 playoff series over the last 3 years.

Exciting rematch of last years NLCS with the Dodgers coming up.

VM
I am friends with a lot of Nats fans, and although a division rival, I cannot imagine what it feels like to blow another tough game. I do not have the heart to comment on this game. At least the Braves went to the World Series before they lost.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
PH. Sorry about the Nationals. Tough loss

Thanks, man. So stressful watching that game. When Max Scherzer comes in in relief and gives up 4 runs, you know that you're in trouble!

PH

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.