quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Get to see them live next Friday take down the hated Yankees

You sure do hate a lot.

Yankees a game out.
quote:
Two Grand Slams for the Indians last night, who may be turning the corner. Get to see them live next Friday take down the hated Yankees

Should be a good series
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sarbuze:
Ya Patespo, you are the source of all the hate for the yankees, you hater...

Yankees

Yankees

Yankees

Yankees

Everyone outside of NY (and Mets fans in NY), hate [s] the Yankees Roll Eyes

Looks like someone is fixated on me...

You got that backwards, stalker.
You got that wrong patespo ... it is just no one thinks the Indians (or the Browns) exists outside of Cleveland
As one who has seen the Yanks play many games in Oakland, Anaheim, Dallas, and KC, their fans are legion. Winning as much as they have (27 and counting), you would think everyone would hate them, but that's definitely not true. Also, if you travel to Europe, their logo is the only one you see of all American sports. I counted 17 hats and 6 shirts during a two week trip to Provence in June.
I have hated the Yankees since I started watching baseball in the late 1950's. I was actually happy when the Red Sox won the series after so many years. However, my dislike of the Yankees has waned, and my dislike of the Red Sox has increased, the latter supplanting the Yankees as my least favorite team. I actually don't mind the Yankees that much anymore.
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Yanks pick up Sonny Gray - a solid pitcher who can be a #2 or #3. Smile

As an A's fan, I'll amend that statement and say that he can be a #1. He was hurt coming into the year, and now he's back on track. If he had an offense that wasn't a bunch of rookies combined with a bunch of cheap veterans that no one else wanted to sign, his record would be amazing. He's a stud.

I remember arguing with an old college buddy who was an A's fan, then switched to the dark side (Giants). His kid was wearing Giants world series gear, and I told him that he was a crap fan. He told me that there was no way he'd let his son grow up having to deal with the agony of cheering for these awesome prospects for a year or two, just to watch the A's trade them away to the Yanks or the Dodgers, etc. I'm starting to get it.
I'm very optimistic about the Yankees. Now they just have to teach Judge when (and when not) and how to swing at a low outside slider.
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
Yanks pick up Sonny Gray - a solid pitcher who can be a #2 or #3. Smile

As an A's fan, I'll amend that statement and say that he can be a #1.

I hope you're right!
Sat behind the Indians dugout last night and Watched them pound the hated Yankees . They held Judge in check, but man that guy was mashing the ball during BP
quote:
Sat behind the Indians dugout last night and Watched them pound the hated Yankees . They held Judge in check, but man that guy was mashing the ball during BP

And the Yankees just made two major trades that were supposed to solidify the team. Frown
Baseball is a funny game. The Yankees retook 1st place during a Red Sox swoon, but now, suddenly, the Red Sox won 5 in a row and are three up.

The Rockies and the Nationals have each won 64 games. But the Nats are in first place in the East division, 13 games ahead of the Marlins, and the Rockies are in third place in the West, 14.5 games behind the Dodgers.
Yankee Aaron Judge may well win Rookie of the Year. He is a great player.
He set the record on Saturday by striking out in 36 consecutive games. He struck out Sunday to extend the record to 37.
The Detroit Tigers are long overdue to fire Brad Ausmus. Do it now, please. Season is toast already and with a payroll like they have the manager has to go.
So Rich Hill has a perfect game through 8, a no-hitter through nine, and loses the game on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the tenth. Got to be a first.
quote:
Originally posted by dinwiddie:
So Rich Hill has a perfect game through 8, a no-hitter through nine, and loses the game on a walk-off HR in the bottom of the tenth. Got to be a first.

It's not
Washington Nationals have been playing games with less than half their starting position players for a long time now, and doing pretty damn well.

Dusty Baker will have some hard decisions to make when his starters begin returning to the lineup. Some of the bench guys who were called on to fill in have been doing incredible stuff.

Looks like we now have a serviceable bullpen to take us through the end of the year. Could be a fun ride!

PH
Today's Yankee-Tiger game was marked by four hit batters (one unintentionally hit in the helmet), one pitch thrown behind a batter, and three brawls. There will be suspensions and fines aplenty.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Today's Yankee-Tiger game was marked by four hit batters (one unintentionally hit in the helmet), one pitch thrown behind a batter, and three brawls. There will be suspensions and fines aplenty.

And, Detroit is 16 games below .500, and totally out of post season contention. So, I wonder what would cause these two teams to fight?
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Well, that was helpful! :laugh cry:

How about filling in the blank(s) Board-O?

PH

And you call yourself a baseball fan!

Seems from the story that it was a walk off double.

I think the batter hit a HR to break up the no hitter and win the game but he passed the runner in front of him rounding the bases so he was awarded a double.

VM
quote:
quote:

And, Detroit is 16 games below .500, and totally out of post season contention. So, I wonder what would cause these two teams to fight?

Deep seated hatred between the two teams going back a long time. Complete frustration on the Tigers team with their pitiful performance this season, even to the point where it seems Justin Verlander and Victor Martinez don't like each other.

Have I mentioned Brad Ausmus should be fired?
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
quote:

Deep seated hatred between the two teams going back a long time. Complete frustration on the Tigers team with their pitiful performance this season, even to the point where it seems Justin Verlander and Victor Martinez don't like each other.

Have I mentioned Brad Ausmus should be fired?

I don't think there was deep-seated hatred between them. There is now. The Tigers have eliminated the Yankees from the playoffs (twice, I think) but I don't remember bad blood between them. I will be sure to watch their first game next Spring.
I think there has always been a strong rivalry between them going back to when they were both in the AL East. Tigers fans hate the Wankees. They are to baseball what Manchester United is to English football and what the Montreal Canadians are to hockey. Smile
If both Yankee catchers get suspended, I would guess that one will file an appeal while the other will serve the suspension and then, when the 1st suspension is over, the 2nd guy will drop the appeal. Would be a way around having both gone at the same time.
Interesting that no one has mentioned Fulmer, who hit Sanchez after he had taken him deep, his fourth homer in the series. And Cabrera started the first brawl by confronting Romine. Agreed though that Sanchez took some cheap shots.
Orioles swept the Red Sox at Fenway this weekend, and somehow, the Oriole pitching, which has been somewhere between awful and terrible, held the Bosox to 4 runs in 3 games.
First Oriole sweep in Fenway since 2014.
Stanton is single handedly trying to get the Marlins into the wildcard chase. He's having one hell of a season. Should get to 60 homers.
Yankees lost game one today, and lost game 2 as well. This is the first time since April of 1989 that Cleveland has swept the Yankees in a 3 game series. 28 years ago.
Last edited by irwin
quote:
Yankees lost game one today, and lost game 2 as well. This is the first time since April of 1989 that Cleveland has swept the Yankees in a 3 game series. 28 years ago.

quote:

Loving every bit of it

Indians only 3 back of Astros now in the AL
I don't blame you. When your team has such a miserable record of losing, it's great to see the king lose.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.