Great time to be a Yankee fan. Putting a big hurt on the Orioles again (5 runs in the first after 16 yesterday). Sanchez is getting hot and lots of young talent in the Minors. Didn't think it would happen this quickly, but Cashman has done a great job rebuilding the team. Now if Tanaka can only get straightened out.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Great time to be a Yankee fan. Putting a big hurt on the Orioles again (5 runs in the first after 16 yesterday). Sanchez is getting hot and lots of young talent in the Minors. Didn't think it would happen this quickly, but Cashman has done a great job rebuilding the team. Now if Tanaka can only get straightened out.

+1
The Yankees have scored 10 runs or more 10 times this year.
Not including today's game:
The Yankees are 36-23, having outscored their opponents by 104 runs.
The Orioles are 31-29, and are 5.5 games back. They have been outscored by their opponents by 29 runs.
It looks like today's game fits that pattern.
The Nationals' Max Scherzer is just a pleasure to watch. He didn't have his best stuff last night, and even plonked a couple of batters. He adjusted on the fly to go 8 solid innings. 10+ strikeouts for the 5th straight start.

If only this team can find a solid, mature closer and a little mid-relief, they should be a force to contend with.

PH
Orioles pitchers tied a major league record last night that has stood since 1924.
They have failed to hold the opposition to fewer than 5 runs for 20 games in a row.

Performances like this I could do without. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Orioles pitchers tied a major league record last night that has stood since 1924.
They have failed to hold the opposition to fewer than 5 runs for 20 games in a row.

Performances like this I could do without. Frown


Wow! That's horrible for you. How many of those 20 did they win?
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
Orioles pitchers tied a major league record last night that has stood since 1924.
They have failed to hold the opposition to fewer than 5 runs for 20 games in a row.

Performances like this I could do without. Frown


Wow! That's horrible for you. How many of those 20 did they win?

Excellent question. They were 6-14 in those games
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
The Nationals' Max Scherzer is just a pleasure to watch. He didn't have his best stuff last night, and even plonked a couple of batters. He adjusted on the fly to go 8 solid innings. 10+ strikeouts for the 5th straight start.

If only this team can find a solid, mature closer and a little mid-relief, they should be a force to contend with.

PH



Melancon may be available soon although the Nats may not want him back. Giants have been done for awhile. Play-offs every even year continues. This year got terrible quickly.

Go Giants.
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
Melancon may be available soon although the Nats may not want him back. Giants have been done for awhile. Play-offs every even year continues. This year got terrible quickly.

Go Giants.


Not sure how he did this year, but he was good for us last year. I guess $$ will be the determinant.

PH
last night's game between the Cubs and the Nationals.....
The Nationals had around 7 stolen bases off Jake Arietta. After the game, the Cubs back up catcher, who was in the game, criticized Arietta for having a slow delivery. The back up catcher was cut after making these remarks.
Not sure what his salary was, but he made around $14 million in 2016.

Who said speech is free?
Last edited by irwin
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
last night's game between the Cubs and the Nationals.....
The Nationals had around 7 stolen bases off Jake Arietta. After the game, the Cubs back up catcher, who was in the game, criticized Arietta for having a slow delivery. The back up catcher was cut after making these remarks.
Not sure what his salary was, but he made around $14 million in 2016.

Who said speech is free?

Not his first incident popping off. He whined about his playing time the morning of the World Series parade.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Unless the Yankees remember how to play baseball, this is looking like anybody can take the division.

True..it is turning into a very evenly matched division, which I suppose will mean that someone will win the division, but there probably will be no wild card from the AL East. I guess.
Dodgers have been rolling along. Seems they have a great group of guys and everyone is having fun.

Hope they add a better situational lefty but other than that I think they could go really far this year.
HR derby was a blast. Stinks the two Marlins got matched up with the only people who outhit them in the entire first rd. Judge/Bour was fantastic.
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
HR derby was a blast. Stinks the two Marlins got matched up with the only people who outhit them in the entire first rd. Judge/Bour was fantastic.

They are boring to watch on TV but looks like a lot of fun at the stadium. Judge makes Stanton look like a teenager next to him.
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
HR derby was a blast. Stinks the two Marlins got matched up with the only people who outhit them in the entire first rd. Judge/Bour was fantastic.


Gee, I enjoyed it.
The Nationals limped into the break with a 9.5 game lead in our lousy division. On the DL, Trea Turner, Adam Eaton, Jason Werth, Michael A. Taylor and a couple decent pitchers.

If this team gets healthy and can find some help in the bullpen, I like our chances for a long run. If we don't get relief help, we're toast.

PH
Today will go a long way toward determining the Yankees fortunes. A doubleheader after a 16 inning game. Castro and Holiday are back. Time to resume their winning ways. 8-19 ain't gonna cut the mustard.
Don't worry - if the Pads get anyone decent, they'll trade him for more prospects. As someone who grew up with them, and sat through many games at the Murph, the Pads are Oakland South when it comes to developing and keeping talent.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Don't worry - if the Pads get anyone decent, they'll trade him for more prospects. As someone who grew up with them, and sat through many games at the Murph, the Pads are Oakland South when it comes to developing and keeping talent.


They traded Buchter, damn. I was really starting to like Between 2 Bases. Mad
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
I'm more hoping for the astros or nationals of the west.


I'd like an early 70s Oakland. Smile
Yankees actually ahead of Boston in the loss column, though 1 game back overall. This will be a good pennant race.
Sad to say, but my beloved Orioles are totally out of it. The starting pitching is just horrendous.
Two Grand Slams for the Indians last night, who may be turning the corner. Get to see them live next Friday take down the hated Yankees
Went to the Cubs game on Saturday and saw them beat the Cards. I estimate I've seen about 25 Cubs games at Wrigley and have only seen them lose once. And a good portion of those games were when the Cubs sucked.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×