quote:
Originally posted by Wino90210:
For the life me, though, I don't know why Roberts didn't start Kershaw...he had only pitched a total of 11 innings in the previous two starts...Bob Gibson pitched three complete games in the 1967 WS!
Because Kershaw isn't Gibson? Confused Kershaw gave up 6 runs in the last time he pitched.
quote:
For the life me, though, I don't know why Roberts didn't start Kershaw...he had only pitched a total of 11 innings in the previous two starts...Bob Gibson pitched three complete games in the 1967 WS!
Because Darvish was great his first 2 starts this postseason and Kershaw just got his ass kicked by Houston 3 days ago.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Because Darvish was great his first 2 starts this postseason and Kershaw just got his ass kicked by Houston 3 days ago.

The NL had not seen Yu much, but the Astros knew him very well. Yu never got out of the second inning against Houston in either of his two starts. LA could never recover from his two dreadful starts.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:

Darvish didn't make it out of the second inning in his previous start against the Astros...so the "Kershaw had just gotten hammered argument" doesn't really hold.

If I had two pitchers coming off poor starts, I'll take the three time cy young award winner/former mvp certain hall of famer EVERY TIME!

My point is that if Roberts had Kershaw available and ready to pitch, why wouldn't he start him?
Altuve beat out Judge for MVP in the AL.
I guess that's not surprising since Altuve was on the team that won the W. Series. But, Judge had a really wonderful year.
Could there be an early Xmas/holiday present for Yankee fans by trading for Stanton from the Jeter-Marlins? Cool
Shohei Ohtani goes to the Angels. Will be interesting to see if his stuff translates to the US Bigs. Being born and raised, and playing a good bit of baseball in Japan, I'll enjoy seeing how he does. アメリカへようこそ Ohtani San.

PH
Hmmm ... trying to figure out where Stanton fits in the lineup.

1. Gardner (platoon with Clint Frazier), LF
2. Hicks, CF
3. Judge, RF-DH
4. Stanton, DH-RF
5. Gregorius, SS
6. Sanchez, C
7. Bird, 1B
8. Headley (eventually Torres), 3B
9. Torreyes (platoon), 2B
Next year's Marlins line-up

1. Guy no one has ever heard of CF, league minimum
2. Guy no one has ever heard of 2B, league minimum
3. Guy no one has ever heard of 3B, league minimum
4. Guy no one has ever heard of 1B, league minimum
5. Guy no one has ever heard of LF, league minimum
6. Guy no one has ever heard of SS, league minimum
7. Guy no one has ever heard of RF, league minimum
8. Guy no one has ever heard of C, league minimum
9.Guy no one has ever heard of P, league minimum
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

Ozuna - next one gone
quote:
quote:

Ozuna - next one gone

Its amazing how quickly the new owners have blown any good will they had for getting Loria out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.