LCBO Vintages Classics Nov & Dec 2018

There are a couple of re-releases in this catalogue in case anyone missed out the first time:

• 2015 Chapoutier Chante-Alouette Hermitage Blanc, originally released in August Classics  ($90 price unchanged)
  • 2016 Cape Point Isliedh, originally released in April Classics ($45 price reduced by $2)
sunnylea57 posted:

2009 Malescot St Exupery

Classics release Oct 2013: $140

Classics release Nov 2018: $268

And it didn't sell at $140.  I love Malescot, but that is insanity. 

I don't think I want anything from either release.  Very exciting!

mimik posted:

That Chateau Latour has really gone up in price since I bought it some years ago.

Funny guy. On an unrelated note, did you see the price for the Vin de Constance in the Dec. release.

I'm tempted by the Naturaliste and Leeuwin Art Series chardonnays, but hopefully the SAQ will have both, for less, before Dec. 6.

steve8 posted:
mimik posted:

That Chateau Latour has really gone up in price since I bought it some years ago.

Funny guy. On an unrelated note, did you see the price for the Vin de Constance in the Dec. release.

I'm tempted by the Naturaliste and Leeuwin Art Series chardonnays, but hopefully the SAQ will have both, for less, before Dec. 6.

You edited your post didn’t you? 

Yeah I did. The 2013 vin de Constance is still cheaper at the saq.

I haven’t had any Aussie chardonnays for years!!

Long time lurker, first time poster. Bit disappointed with the classics offer of the 2016 fladgate. Was hoping for a more comprehensive offering of the 2016 vintage ports like they did with the 2011s (did a special offer for all the houses across multiple formats). Called vintages who said the current plan is to offer a few more in February, but no plan for a wholistic offer of all the houses. Somewhat surprised as I would have thought this would be the best way to drive interest. 

vertigo888 posted:

Is the Krug NV also a release of the 163EME? 

My understanding is that it's the 166. The bottles in the system right now, including the 375mL bottles, are the 163.

I guess the only way to get the 164 is if you go to the Krug dinner in November and buy in magnum format.

Add Reply

Likes (0)