Skip to main content

Bunches of 2015 Fuligni BdM and Cogno Barolo Vigna Elena.

I was surprised at how many bottles of Fuligni they made available in today's release - I think there were something like 780 bottles available.  They would have gone like hotcakes if they had used Suckling's rating.  But they didn't and tonight there are still 565 bottles sitting unsold.  Just demonstrates the extent to which these wine sales are score-dependent.   We're a good little band of followers!

Last edited by otw

For anyone interested in Etna rosso, I can recommend the Santa Maria La Nave Calmarossa. This was one of my "discoveries" two years ago, a beautiful example of what Etna / Nerello Mascalese does best....red-fruited, elegant, fresh, good structure. I buy it every year now, and think it will also age quite nicely. $89 is not cheap, but given the price I get it for here (EUR 49) it's actually not too far off the mark. I'm actually pretty surprised to see the LCBO offering this wine...

@shavez posted:

For anyone interested in Etna rosso, I can recommend the Santa Maria La Nave Calmarossa. This was one of my "discoveries" two years ago, a beautiful example of what Etna / Nerello Mascalese does best....red-fruited, elegant, fresh, good structure. I buy it every year now, and think it will also age quite nicely. $89 is not cheap, but given the price I get it for here (EUR 49) it's actually not too far off the mark. I'm actually pretty surprised to see the LCBO offering this wine...

It didn't arrive. Hopefully it'll show up in the Aug or Sept release.

20-30 SKUs were postponed for this release. It's been a constant issue in stores as well, as thing are being processed much more slowly in the warehouse, lab, and office due to the Covid-19 situation. Not terribly surprised in that respect.

As for the Cogno, there was very little available - 80-something bottles only, if I recall. Good on otw and sunnylea for getting some!

Good to see you here shavez - I hope you and the family are doing well!

@sunnylea57 posted:

Just got an offer from Acker for the Pietrarizzo at $32 USD plus NY state tax, which makes the $33 CAD price look even better.

It's really going to be difficult for me to revert to saying anything nice about the LCBO, so to forestall such a possibility, could it be that the price you got from Acker is inflated by the US import tax on European wine?

@otw posted:

It's really going to be difficult for me to revert to saying anything nice about the LCBO, so to forestall such a possibility, could it be that the price you got from Acker is inflated by the US import tax on European wine?

I don't think so in this case. Lowest worldwide price on Wine Searcher is $30 CAD, and that's only from one retailer in Italy. The next lowest is $35 CAD in France.

@Ciccio10 posted:

what a minute... i just realized something neat... perhaps many of you knew this but...

https://www.lcbo.com/content/d...2007-Classics_en.pdf

the only thing that changes from issue to issue in the link is the month and year... 2020/2007 becomes 2020/2009 for sept and so on... i tried various years and months and it worked...

feel like i discovered America.

you're welcome world....

Welcome to the internet. 😂

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.