Skip to main content

The saga continues.  Am trying to buy some wine on-line.  Finally managed to communicate with someone using the live chat feature.  Turns out the wine I want is out of stock for on-line shopping but there is still lots of it at various stores across the province.  Rather than drive an hour to a store in Kingston or Ottawa, I asked my local manager if he could order the wine for me and was told there is no store transfers going on because of the Covid 19.  Am trying to give the LCBO my money and they refuse to take it.

@csm posted:

I fully support cancelling Covid 19

Emailed KGBO last week.  In case anyone was wondering they did not, in fact, respond within 24 hours.  It's been 8 days and still crickets. 

I sent an email to the LCBO in August 2018.  I received an automated reply saying that someone would contact me within the next 2 days. 

I got another email from Hello-KGBO a year later referencing my original message saying that they would contact me within the next 2 days. 

I'm now waiting for my next anniversary email.

No rush, though... maybe we should skip a year.  I know nobody works at the KGBO head office, and during Covid, they probably don't feel obliged to show up at the office any more.

Why would COVID-19 take down the entire customer support telephone system of a billion dollar retailer?  You don't have to actually be in the office to answer calls.  

OK, it's a rhetorical question because I know the answer and it spells  M O N O P O L Y and customer service to LCBO means take it or leave it.

Last edited by stevey
@brucehayes posted:

The saga continues.  Am trying to buy some wine on-line.  Finally managed to communicate with someone using the live chat feature.  Turns out the wine I want is out of stock for on-line shopping but there is still lots of it at various stores across the province.  Rather than drive an hour to a store in Kingston or Ottawa, I asked my local manager if he could order the wine for me and was told there is no store transfers going on because of the Covid 19.  Am trying to give the LCBO my money and they refuse to take it.

That blows. So why does Covid-19 affect store to store transfers? That makes no sense... 

there are a couple wines I was thinking about buying via store transfer. I'll give my local store a call this week if I get a chance and will see if I get the same answer.

I put in a couple of orders from the June Classics release towards the end of the month.  It's now 3+ weeks later and there is no sign of any of these orders.  And in talking with my local store late today, they said that the truck which was supposed to arrive today with next Saturday's Vintages release failed to show up.  I seem to be hearing comments like this all the time.

So does this mean that the warehouse has taken over running the LCBO?  -- We will ship your damn wine when and if we please!  And don't even think of calling 'HelloLCBO'  to complain because head office has shut down the phones and gone to the cottage for the foreseeable future.   

That may all be acceptable if it were to hasten the demise of our unbeloved monopoly, but I don't think so because gov'ment is forever!

The Product Consultant at my local store (one of the biggest stores in the system) said yesterday that they’re invariably left in the dark about shipments. Despite her inquiries, she has no clue when or if this week’s shipment will arrive. She was given vague promises that it might arrive late in the day on Friday or possibly some time on Saturday. They have rows of empty shelves ready and waiting to be filled. Customers who arrive on Saturday at 10 AM may be sent home empty handed. 

@otw posted:

I put in a couple of orders from the June Classics release towards the end of the month.  It's now 3+ weeks later and there is no sign of any of these orders.  And in talking with my local store late today, they said that the truck which was supposed to arrive today with next Saturday's Vintages release failed to show up.  I seem to be hearing comments like this all the time.

So does this mean that the warehouse has taken over running the LCBO?  -- We will ship your damn wine when and if we please!  And don't even think of calling 'HelloLCBO'  to complain because head office has shut down the phones and gone to the cottage for the foreseeable future.   

That may all be acceptable if it were to hasten the demise of our unbeloved monopoly, but I don't think so because gov'ment is forever!

I have to offer my apologies to the brave front-line workers who man the LCBO warehouses.  Apparently the Tuesday delivery was loaded onto the truck and ready to go on the appointed day ... but they couldn't find anyone to drive the truck until Friday.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.